Author Topic: Trump says he could intervene in the case against Huawei CFO if it helps US-China deal  (Read 573 times)

Offline RoosGirl

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/12/huawei-cfo-arrest-trump-could-intervene-if-it-helps-us-china-deal.html

U.S. President Donald Trump said on Tuesday he would intervene with the U.S. Justice Department in the case against a Chinese telecommunications executive if it would help secure a trade deal with Beijing.

"If I think it's good for the country, if I think it's good for what will be certainly the largest trade deal ever made — which is a very important thing — what's good for national security — I would certainly intervene if I thought it was necessary," Trump said in a wide-ranging interview with Reuters in the Oval Office.

Trump expressed optimism that he could strike a trade deal with Chinese President Xi Jinping as the two countries struggle to resolve a dispute that has contributed to recent U.S. stock market declines and raised questions about whether economic turmoil could beset the president in the new year.

Continued at link.

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. Trump is GOD!!!!!!

Offline RoosGirl

Excuse me for thinking that a trade deal with China is not worth looking the other way on a Chinese company funding Iran.

Offline Frank Cannon

Excuse me for thinking that a trade deal with China is not worth looking the other way on a Chinese company funding Iran.

You are excused.

Online DB

What about the rule of law?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
His potential intervention may be moot.  The executive in question has not been extradited to the US and has been released on $10M bail in Canada. They have given assurances she will not leave the country, but we will see.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.