Author Topic: Lindsey Graham cheers Trump after Oval Office fight with Democrats  (Read 4130 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lindsey Graham cheers Trump after Oval Office fight with Democrats
by Naomi Lim
 | December 11, 2018 02:32 PM

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., hailed President Trump Tuesday for his efforts to extract extra funding from Congress to bolster border security, despite the looming threat of a partial government shutdown.

"Great job sticking to your guns on border security, Mr. President!" Graham tweeted Tuesday after Trump clashed with Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer, the top two Democrats in Congress, in a fiery Oval Office meeting held partly in front of the press.

"You are right to want more border security funding including Wall money. They are WRONG to say no. Put DACA on the table and make them say NO to the Wall and DACA," Graham wrote, referring to the Obama-era Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/lindsey-graham-cheers-trump-after-oval-office-fight-with-democrats
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Re: Lindsey Graham cheers Trump after Oval Office fight with Democrats
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 09:13:35 pm »
I think most Americans can live with both a border wall and DACA.

While I’m not strongly in favor of building a wall, neither am I opposed. And I think DACA represents a just solution to a sticky problem.

BassWrangler

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 09:25:17 pm »
Got to give Trump credit on this one: bringing the press in on these meetings with Pelousi and FU Schumer is a great move. I also like that he's owning the shut-down. Ultimately, the media will blame him for it anyway, so why not own it and explain the reason you're willing to do it (border security)? Good move, IMHO.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 09:29:27 pm »
Not exactly sure what Graham’s motives are here but I’m sure his support of Trump is really pissing off the media. Messes up their narrative.

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 11:35:34 pm »

While I’m not strongly in favor of building a wall, neither am I opposed. And I think DACA represents a just solution to a sticky problem.

Definitely not.  DACA will ensure that the GOP will have little chance of being seated again; vote wise, mathematically the GOP will become outnumbered.  That was the whole premise behind DACA; to give the DEMS an overwhelming majority voting base.  It never was about the poor illegals.

I'm still all for building a wall, strongly arming it and starting mass deportation.  This should have been done in 2006 when the Secure Fence Act was passed and signed into law.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 01:01:29 am »
I have no idea what happened to Lady Lindsey,but I like the 2018 version!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 01:23:17 am »

Oh get real!  We will all be cheering Trump if he actually shuts the government down and gets the 5 billion.  It makes for great television but talk is cheap.  He has said he would shut down two other times and didn't.  And what is the obsession with Lindsey Graham?  He is immigration enforcement light.  He still is Grahamnesty.  He wants DACA deal and with no extras.  So he wants to give DACA amnesty and allow them to bring their entire families.  Or mom, dad, aunt, uncle get to stay.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 01:43:20 am »
Oh get real!  We will all be cheering Trump if he actually shuts the government down and gets the 5 billion.  It makes for great television but talk is cheap.  He has said he would shut down two other times and didn't.  And what is the obsession with Lindsey Graham?  He is immigration enforcement light.  He still is Grahamnesty.  He wants DACA deal and with no extras.  So he wants to give DACA amnesty and allow them to bring their entire families.  Or mom, dad, aunt, uncle get to stay.

Exactly.  888high58888

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 02:22:50 am »
Exactly.  888high58888

Nodding my head.  I know for sure that we agree.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2018, 02:41:30 am »
Cameras with motion censors would do a number on them. With technology that can track hand movement already on the market there's no reason that they cant find a way to pinpoint everyone that approaches the Mexico-U.S. border. You could probably animate the thing on a screen with voice alert and full intelligence with an automated surveillance system.
I won't accept.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2018, 02:55:14 am »
I like the post-McCain Linsey.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2018, 06:02:52 am »
I would not trust Graham. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2018, 11:50:32 am »
I like the post-McCain Linsey.

@goodwithagun

Me too,but what I enjoy the most this year is all the former Bush Biddies are suddenly outraged by illegal aliens now that Trump is President,and how they are trying to blame it on him.

A snake couldn't slither through the crooked path that is the lives these people live.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2018, 12:20:47 pm »
I would not trust Graham.

@Applewood

Generally speaking,it is not a good idea to trust any professional politician to do anything other that vote for what is in THEIR best interest.

Lady Lindsey is acting so out of character I don't really know what to think,other than take the "good" while it's there,and wait for the eventual knife in the back.

It COULD be he was being blackmailed to vote and speak like he did in the past  and that blackmail has expired for some reason,but it really doesn't matter. Take his help while he is offering it,and turn on him when and if he turns on us.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2018, 01:30:14 pm »

Lady Lindsey smelled a winner and changed sides.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2018, 01:40:08 pm »
Lindsey is still feeling his oats.

Nevertheless, the "tie the wall and DACA together" idea isn't a good one.  Those are two polar opposite concepts.  It's like saying you cheer for both the Yankees and the Red Sox; it just isn't done.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline aligncare

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2018, 01:58:50 pm »
Lindsey is still feeling his oats.

Nevertheless, the "tie the wall and DACA together" idea isn't a good one.  Those are two polar opposite concepts.  It's like saying you cheer for both the Yankees and the Red Sox; it just isn't done.

Going forward it’s a workable and acceptable negotiated solution for a polarized nation.

Online libertybele

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2018, 02:07:26 pm »
Going forward it’s a workable and acceptable negotiated solution for a polarized nation.

DACA should have never been.  To allow DACA to continue on is a loss for the GOP and the GOP voting base and any chances of future GOP candidates being seated.  That's what's at stake.   I don't see that as a workable solution. DACA, birthright citizenship, and chain migration need to end if there is any chance of the GOP surviving in the future.  Mathematically, it will eventually be impossible as most of those mentioned will vote DEM and the GOP voting base will be simply outnumbered by a wide margin.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2018, 03:15:58 pm »

I find DACA an acceptable compromise ONLY if chain migration is ended first, and and DACA recepients who commit crimes are immediately deported to their home countries.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2018, 03:53:56 pm »
I find DACA an acceptable compromise ONLY if chain migration is ended first, and and DACA recepients who commit crimes are immediately deported to their home countries.

The Rats will never go for it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2018, 03:57:18 pm »

Yes. Because 800k DACA recipients will become 5 million newly registered democrat voters before the next election.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2018, 05:07:15 pm »
I say no to any compromise.  Illegal means illegal.  Deport all illegals and their kids born here.  Enforce the laws.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2018, 05:31:12 pm »
I say no to any compromise.  Illegal means illegal.  Deport all illegals and their kids born here.  Enforce the laws.

Saying no to compromise means continuing the status quo.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2018, 05:34:12 pm »
Exactly.  888high58888

@Chosen Daughter @Libertygirl   You girls should take your sister act on the road.  You have no hope for anything and you don't trust anybody. 
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2018, 05:54:14 pm »
Saying no to compromise means continuing the status quo.   

Reality.

Democrats are a built-in part of the equation. I don’t like what they have planned for America, but like it or not they have a stake in our politics. We either work with them or politically maneuver around them.

Since I’m not interested in revolutions, one way or the other they gotta be dealt with.