Author Topic: Why Did Humans Lose Their Fur?  (Read 9191 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Why Did Humans Lose Their Fur?
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2018, 01:25:56 am »
@Axeslinger
and the TeeVee...

I bet there were a helluva lot of people, before they acquired the use of a horse, that starved to death, especially in winter.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2018, 01:30:52 am »
I bet there were a helluva lot of people, before they acquired the use of a horse, that starved to death, especially in winter.
@bigheadfred
Especially if they decided the best way to get that whitetail deer was to chase it until it got tired
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2018, 01:34:08 am »

It is tough to think about it... You and me are prolly far less dependent on the supermarket - I know I am... between wild meat, the farm, and the garden, I don't really NEED that much from the system. Even the gear I need to be this way - Seldom new, usually bought used and broken...

But try figgering out how to do it without the garden, and 100% from the hunt, even just for yourself, not to mention draggin a passel of kids, a woman, and a grandma or two around...

I am trying right now to get to something pre-canning - preserving as much as I can without a processing kitchen... It is a tough thing to do.

And no food before winter means you're dead. Not enough through winter means you're dead. And not enough to make it through spring still means you're dead.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2018, 01:38:57 am »

And, some winters those with horses would have to eat them.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2018, 01:43:50 am »
It is tough to think about it... You and me are prolly far less dependent on the supermarket - I know I am... between wild meat, the farm, and the garden, I don't really NEED that much from the system. Even the gear I need to be this way - Seldom new, usually bought used and broken...

But try figgering out how to do it without the garden, and 100% from the hunt, even just for yourself, not to mention draggin a passel of kids, a woman, and a grandma or two around...

I am trying right now to get to something pre-canning - preserving as much as I can without a processing kitchen... It is a tough thing to do.

And no food before winter means you're dead. Not enough through winter means you're dead. And not enough to make it through spring still means you're dead.

I don't have a garden. So I am stuck with the supermarket. I tend to buy canned veggies by the case(s). I was thinking I need to restock on the veggie side, the other day. I think we are good for a while on the meat side. I think it is both the religion (LDS) and the Depression that instilled in most of my family to have a large food supply, on hand, always.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

BassWrangler

« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2018, 01:45:10 am »
So men could better see the boobies.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2018, 01:50:58 am »
I don't have a garden. So I am stuck with the supermarket. I tend to buy canned veggies by the case(s). I was thinking I need to restock on the veggie side, the other day. I think we are good for a while on the meat side. I think it is both the religion (LDS) and the Depression that instilled in most of my family to have a large food supply, on hand, always.

It is just the Country in me. Everybody outside of town has a couple years put up. It's just how you do.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2018, 03:16:09 pm »
That pic is not right (or she is Italian)... Women who have never shaved don't look like that.

There are plenty that would look like that of thy did not shave it off.  Some men have zero hair on their chest and back, some look like sasquatch. Same with women. Not all have the same amount of hair.

Yes>Italian women=hairy

@roamer_1

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2018, 03:56:18 pm »
It is just the Country in me. Everybody outside of town has a couple years put up. It's just how you do.

Must be a regional thing. We live out in the sticks and we are the only ones who put in a garden.  I offered to plow up a garden for several neighbors and was told no. Pure laziness-they said it was easier to just buy from Krogers.

@roamer_1

Offline musiclady

« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2018, 04:25:03 pm »

How do I report a vulgar PM to a Mod?

I’ve never gotten one until today so I. don’t know what to do.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 04:26:51 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline MOD8

« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2018, 04:26:18 pm »
How do I report a vulgar PM to a Mod?

@musiclady you can PM me.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2018, 04:27:33 pm »
Thank you.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2018, 10:04:42 pm »
Must be a regional thing. We live out in the sticks and we are the only ones who put in a garden.  I offered to plow up a garden for several neighbors and was told no. Pure laziness-they said it was easier to just buy from Krogers.

@roamer_1

@mirraflake
Nope... Been up and down the Rockies, and have kin in KS, MO, MS... NoDak, SoDak, ID, WY, WA, OR... Been on ranches east of the hump and west. Every farm or mountain homestead I have been on is always the same way. Enough to prove the rule. Anyone who cans, and most do, is gonna have surplus - That surplus winds up being  2-3 years worth of canning in the pantry (that seems to be most folks rollover point) The only difference in my experience is that hillbillies tend to be more so, because they tend to can up meat too - Generally not relying as much on freezers, because power tends to be unreliable that far out in the sticks.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2018, 10:14:58 pm »
There are plenty that would look like that of thy did not shave it off.  Some men have zero hair on their chest and back, some look like sasquatch. Same with women. Not all have the same amount of hair.

Yes>Italian women=hairy

@roamer_1

@mirraflake
TRUE.
What I am pointing out is that gals who have never seen a razor tend to have a finer fur. not as thick in density or per hair... Though I will grant that by and large, those I know would be northern European tribes and native... So tending toward less hair.

But a lass that never saw a razor is a different thing to one who shaved for some time and then quit.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2018, 10:55:02 pm »
We went out with this guy in CO on a hunt. One of his clients shot a big, fat, cow elk straight up the tailpipe. Through the gut, lungs. Exiting from her throat. No meat was damaged. The problem was he had a bull tag...

Ha ha...He couldn't tell the DIFFERENCE,  shooting up the "tailpipe?" A lot of clearance.   :silly: 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2018, 11:01:31 pm »
And a very MERRY CHRISTMAS to you too, love! :tree3:

(So glad the wonderful tree was added to the posting page!)

Yes, I love it, as I am a Christmas person.  So thank you Mystery or the mods, for the TREE!
I used to have dreams my whole living room had Christmas trees & decorated. Don't know what that means.   :shrug:

:tree3: :tree3: :tree3: :tree3: :tree3: :tree3: :tree3:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2018, 11:12:17 pm »
 8888mistltoe

I’m a fan of this
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline DB

« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2018, 11:29:43 pm »
Lost most of my fur in my twenties...

Offline corbe

« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2018, 11:49:30 pm »
   This is not the Hill to die on @mirraflake
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2018, 11:54:25 pm »
8888mistltoe

I’m a fan of this

Oh, I did not see that, on the "more page"?    I will look.  NICE!   I love it all!     :thumbsup:

Merry Christmas to you!   :tree3:   9999santa888deco8888mistltoe 9999santa

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2018, 01:22:59 am »

Oh, I did not see that, on the "more page"?    I will look.  NICE!   I love it all!     :thumbsup:

Merry Christmas to you!   :tree3:   9999santa888deco8888mistltoe 9999santa

You can ask to have more added.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2018, 01:27:05 am »
Rudolph and pointsetta
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️