Author Topic: SALT OD Soy sauce ‘colon cleanse’ hoax goes horribly wrong with woman left brain dead after trying i  (Read 631 times)

rangerrebew

SALT OD Soy sauce ‘colon cleanse’ hoax goes horribly wrong with woman left brain dead after trying internet fake news trend

A 39-year-old woman who performed the internet fad thinking it would rid her body of toxins has been left brain dead
By Andrew Backhouse
10th December 2018, 1:20 am
Updated: 10th December 2018, 11:28 am

A DOCTOR has outlined a shocking case in which a woman was left brain dead after an internet hoax went horribly wrong.

The incident, outlined on medical YouTube channel Chubbyemu, involves a 39-year-old woman, identified as CG, who presented to emergency services with a rapidly deteriorating mental status.

Earlier that day the woman had been performing a “soy sauce colon cleanse” — a dangerous internet fad which involves people drinking a litre of soy sauce in two hours.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7937420/soy-sauce-colon-cleanse-hoax-wrong-woman-brain-dead/
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 03:52:38 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Frank Cannon

I think it could be argued that she was already brain dead prior to drinking 2 gallons of soy sauce in 2 hours.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
So, it's the salt the article points to. I heard about this.