Author Topic: Trump concerned about being impeached, sees it as a 'real possibility,' source says  (Read 1850 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Unnamed sources have told Jim Acosta that Trump is concerned about being impeached.

:shrug:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/10/politics/trump-impeachment-concern/index.html

President Donald Trump has expressed concern that he could be impeached when Democrats take over the House, a source close to the President told CNN Monday. The source said Trump sees impeachment as a "real possibility."

But Trump isn't certain it will happen, the source added.

A separate source close to the White House told CNN that aides inside the West Wing believe "the only issue that may stick" in the impeachment process is the campaign finance violations tied to former Trump attorney Michael Cohen's payouts to Trump's alleged mistresses.

Impeachment talk has ratcheted up in recent days following a blockbuster filing from prosecutors in the Southern District of New York. In that filing, prosecutors directly alleged for the first time that Cohen was being directed by Trump when he broke the law during the 2016 presidential campaign.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline DB

Well duh.

Offline NavyCanDo

Doesn't need to be impeached, the Democrats in Congress just keeping it newsworthy through Nov 2020 may do damage enough to make him a one term President.  Bumpy road ahead.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
There’s zero chance of 67 Senators voting for removal, so who cares?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Oceander

Exactly

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Jim Acosta huh?  Well, it must be true then.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Jim Acosta huh?  Well, it must be true then.

Has there been a presser since he got his pass back?   I'm guessing he is making things up now because he hasn't been on TV lately.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Offline LaRueLaDue

CNN is now a credible source? :silly:

BassWrangler

"Unnamed sources"... "Jim Acosta"...

Two phrases that veritably scream veracity when the topic is Trump.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
 Republicans impeached Bill Clinton "for sex"  and paid the political price.    The Dems seem to want to ignore the lessons of history.   Of course, Clinton did more than diddle an intern on the White House rug; he committed perjury.   In Trump's case,  the issue isn't perjury but whether there is a "campaign finance violation" when one pays from his own pocket to tamp down money-driven threats to personal reputation.     Seems to me that Trump didn't lose the right to address blackmail just because he was running for President.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Wingnut

Offline DB

Ask Bill Clinton if he cared...

Offline DB

Republicans impeached Bill Clinton "for sex"  and paid the political price.    The Dems seem to want to ignore the lessons of history.   Of course, Clinton did more than diddle an intern on the White House rug; he committed perjury.   In Trump's case,  the issue isn't perjury but whether there is a "campaign finance violation" when one pays from his own pocket to tamp down money-driven threats to personal reputation.     Seems to me that Trump didn't lose the right to address blackmail just because he was running for President.     

Did they ask Trump for money? It is my impression they wanted tabloid money instead. And that isn't blackmail. It was Trump trying to prevent them from selling their stories. And in one case (that we know of) the tabloid bought the story for the purpose of burying it during the campaign for Trump's benefit and their loss - and that is a major campaign contribution which wasn't legally claimed.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Considering his popularity went up after impeachment and he wore it like a badge of honor for the rest of his term, I’d say he didn’t.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Wingnut

The only thing Clinton ever cared about was where is next piece of ass was coming from.

Offline LegalAmerican

Mueller being sued for trying to FORCE FALSE TESTIMONY  from Corsi.

IT ALL stinks to high heaven.  We knew it all along. 
-------------------------------------------------
“The special counsel and his prosecutorial staff threatened to indict Dr. Corsi, who is now 72 years old, and effectively put him in jail for the rest of his life,

unless Dr. Corsi would provide the false testimony that they demanded,

even after being informed that the testimony desired would be false,” the 78-page document said, according to NBC. “This is criminal.”=ARTICLE

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Did they ask Trump for money? It is my impression they wanted tabloid money instead. And that isn't blackmail. It was Trump trying to prevent them from selling their stories. And in one case (that we know of) the tabloid bought the story for the purpose of burying it during the campaign for Trump's benefit and their loss - and that is a major campaign contribution which wasn't legally claimed.

The National Enquirer made a practice of buying celebrity stories and burying them,  apparently for its own benefit since it gave the tabloid great leverage to obtain other stories and gossip from those celebrities.   It had bought and buried Trump stories going back 20 years - long before Trump ran for President.    Link
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 08:43:07 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Jim Acosta?

There's folks who take him seriously, and believe what he says?

Offline LegalAmerican

Jim Acosta?

......^ 5.  All the leftist.

:tree3:  MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Nobody would be happier to be 'impeached' than Trump himself.
He thought he was in charge of a functioning government.
Instead, he wound up being a kindergarten teacher.

China, Russia, Mexico, come on in. Every dynasty comes and goes. What the hell? There is no one here to stop you.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LegalAmerican

Nobody would be happier to be 'impeached' than Trump himself.
He thought he was in charge of a functioning government.
Instead, he wound up being a kindergarten teacher.

China, Russia, Mexico, come on in. Every dynasty comes and goes. What the hell? There is no one here to stop you.
[/quote)

....... :amen:    Crazy leftist and N.T.'s.  Both nutty. They think "they" are more important than, saving our country.

:tree3:  MERRY CHRISTMAS. 

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

....... :amen:    Crazy leftist and N.T.'s.  Both nutty. They think "they" are more important than, saving our country.

:tree3:  MERRY CHRISTMAS.
Yea.
Unfortunately, Life doesn't work that way. We will all pay for their ignorant stupidity. The same thing was said in 400B.C.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 12:23:04 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Jim Acosta?

He's relevant whether we like it or not. I think he's worth paying attention to at least. I'm not saying I believe anything he says.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline RoosGirl

He's relevant whether we like it or not. I think he's worth paying attention to at least. I'm not saying I believe anything he says.

Only long enough for us to mock and then point and laugh.