Author Topic: SCOTUS Gives Planned Parenthood a Constitutional Right To Public Funds  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
SCOTUS Gives Planned Parenthood a Constitutional Right To Public Funds

Posted at 11:38 am on December 10, 2018 by streiff

A little earlier today, the Supreme Court declined to hear challenges to two lower court rulings that said states could not refuse to recognize Planned Parenthood as a Medicaid provider. Kansas and Louisiana passed laws in 2014, based on the celebrated undercover videos of James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas that showed Planned Parenthood officials sizing up the value of aborted babies with all the conscience of the manager of a mob-owned New Jersey auto chop-shop.

Jerry Dunleavy  @JerryDunleavy

NEW: SCOTUS denied a petition for a writ of certiorari in a Medicaid / Planned Parenthood case (Gee v. PP of Gulf Coast). Roberts & Kavanaugh joined Sotomayor, Kagan, Ginsburg, & Breyer in denying cert. Thomas wrote a dissent joined by Gorsuch & Alito.

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2018/12/10/scotus-gives-planned-parenthood-constitutional-right-public-funds/

Our new not so Conservative judge
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Re: SCOTUS Gives Planned Parenthood a Constitutional Right To Public Funds
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 02:30:29 am »
I know there was another thread on this but I can't find it.  What a disappointment Kavanaugh is.  There is nothing Constitutional about forcing people who do not agree with abortion to fund it.  Whether it is out of religious objection or moral objection, or both.  Abortion is not a Constitutional guarantee. I am at a loss as to how he came to this conclusion.  Nobody was asking him to outlaw abortion.  Just not force tax payers to fund it.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 02:31:08 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 02:36:43 am »
 Supreme Court won't consider state efforts to defund Planned Parenthood
« on: December 10, 2018, 09:03:12 AM »
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,343509.0.html

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 02:58:58 am »
Supreme Court won't consider state efforts to defund Planned Parenthood
« on: December 10, 2018, 09:03:12 AM »
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,343509.0.html

Thank you for the link.  I think they should.   

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 03:03:26 am »
It's too late to win the abortion fight. It's not too late to win the immigration fight.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 03:40:01 am »
I know there was another thread on this but I can't find it.  What a disappointment Kavanaugh is.  There is nothing Constitutional about forcing people who do not agree with abortion to fund it.  Whether it is out of religious objection or moral objection, or both.  Abortion is not a Constitutional guarantee. I am at a loss as to how he came to this conclusion.  Nobody was asking him to outlaw abortion.  Just not force tax payers to fund it.

You are so wrong on so many points it’s laughable. 

And the article is utterly wrong as well.  As Justice Thomas pointed out in his disssent, the case has nothing to do with abortion.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 03:48:41 am by Oceander »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 03:52:14 am »
You are so wrong on so many points it’s laughable. 

And the article is utterly wrong as well.  As Justice Thomas pointed out in his disssent, the case has nothing to do with abortion.

Well you are welcome to show me Constitutionally where it states we should fund abortion against our religious objection.  If you can find in the Constitution where it says murdering babies in the womb is a right that the government needs to fund show me.

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 04:00:26 am »
Well you are welcome to show me Constitutionally where it states we should fund abortion against our religious objection.  If you can find in the Constitution where it says murdering babies in the womb is a right that the government needs to fund show me.

Why would I bother doing that for the umpteenth time when you simply refuse to accept what the law says and insist that your false view of the Constitution is correct?

You can’t even figure out what this case was all about, and now you’re regurgitating false talking points from someone else who also doesn’t know what it was about. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 04:15:17 am »
Okay, this is a learning moment and the point I make is not particularly a strong one. Well, I looked up a link, "do your taxpayer dollars pay for abortion"? That's a commonly asked question. It's a loaded question. I even caught Michael Medved talking about this. Medved said "tax dollars sent to planned parenthood do not pay for abortion". Is that correct? Well, those dollars go to PP, they've got to pay rent and so on so, in a manner, I think the expenses are in a sort of pool.

I don't put stock in "Fact Check" but this is what they say :

But Planned Parenthood cannot use the money it receives from the federal government for abortions anyway. According to the Department of Health and Human Service’s website, "by law, Title X funds may not be used in programs where abortion is a method of family planning." Medicaid funding is restricted by the Hyde Amendment to only abortion cases involving rape, incest or endangerment to the life of the mother.

https://www.factcheck.org/2011/04/planned-parenthood/

So, to me, yes, those monies do seem connected to abortion, besides that, Planned Parenthood makes millions. They don't need funding to begin with.

Live Action has this essay on it:

Here’s how your taxpayer dollars are funding abortion
By Carole Novielli | March 28, 2017 , 03:00pm

The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services has published shocking information dispelling Planned Parenthood’s deceptive talking points that federal taxpayers are not funding abortions. This information is critical, because if the American taxpayers understood what their money really goes to, they would oppose federal funding of the nation’s largest abortion provider, whose abortion market share is almost 35 percent nationally.

Planned Parenthood’s Claims

Planned Parenthood and its supporters often claim that the federal tax dollars they receive are mere “reimbursements,” and that tax dollars do not pay for abortions. They base their claims in part on the federal Hyde Amendment, which, as Live Action News has previously pointed out, prevents federal dollars from funding most abortions through Medicaid but holds an exception to allow funding in cases involving rape, incest, and life of the mother.

https://www.liveaction.org/news/heres-how-your-taxpayer-dollars-are-funding-abortion/

And so the article goes on, it explains the situation pretty well. YES, medicaid does seem to pay for abortions, some. There must be certain conditions.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 04:16:20 am by TomSea »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2018, 04:16:54 am »
Why would I bother doing that for the umpteenth time when you simply refuse to accept what the law says and insist that your false view of the Constitution is correct?

You can’t even figure out what this case was all about, and now you’re regurgitating false talking points from someone else who also doesn’t know what it was about.

It was a simple request and if it was there you could show me.  I knew you couldn't because it isn't there.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2018, 04:21:46 am »
It was a simple request and if it was there you could show me.  I knew you couldn't because it isn't there.

When a Small Town Pizza Lawyer uses "Umpteenth" in his argument you know he is setting up for the kill. If he sprinkles in "Paradigm" look the hell out.......just sayin'.

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2018, 04:23:42 am »

And it’s been answered already, multiple times in the past, and each time you refuse to accept the obvious. 

Sorry, but I don’t play that game.  If you want to indulge in your own stupidity, you’ll have to do it without me.

Oceander

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2018, 04:24:19 am »
When a Small Town Pizza Lawyer uses "Umpteenth" in his argument you know he is setting up for the kill. If he sprinkles in "Paradigm" look the hell out.......just sayin'.

Daniels has your dick; she’s wondering why you still can’t find it. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2018, 04:39:06 am »
Daniels has your dick; she’s wondering why you still can’t find it.

You're obsessed with penis and everything about them aren't you? It's because you are a lawyer, right?

Online DB

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2018, 04:43:12 am »
You're obsessed with penis and everything about them aren't you? It's because you are a lawyer, right?

Trump's Stormy lawyer was Harder.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2018, 04:47:54 am »
So much penis here today my head is about to explode.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2018, 04:51:06 am »
Trump's Stormy lawyer was Harder.

Are you saying lawyers are easy to spot because they look like a penis?

Maybe I am misinterpreting your post.