Author Topic: Key Democrats in Congress Demand Trump Close Texas Tent City for Migrant Children  (Read 493 times)

rangerrebew

Key Democrats in Congress Demand Trump Close Texas Tent City for Migrant Children

Both members promise increased oversight of facilities for migrant children when Democrats take control of the House in January.
By
Robert Moore

Dec 5, 2018

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news/rosa-delauro-lucille-roybal-allard-trump-close-tornillo-facility-migrant/

Andres Leighton/AP

Two key Democratic members of the House Appropriations Committee are demanding that the Trump administration close a controversial West Texas shelter, outside of El Paso, housing more than 2,000 migrant children.  “There is no justification for keeping Tornillo open,” representatives Rosa DeLauro of Connecticut and Lucille Roybal-Allard of California said in a letter on Tuesday to Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar.

Both members of Congress said they were particularly concerned by a recent report from HHS’s inspector general “exposing that the Administration has waived child abuse and neglect checks for more than 2,000 staff members and allowed employees and contractors without FBI fingerprint checks to be in regular and close contact with children.” HHS officials acknowledged receipt of the letter and said they were reviewing it.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news/rosa-delauro-lucille-roybal-allard-trump-close-tornillo-facility-migrant/

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I agree, Trump should have all the children returned to their country of origin and dismantle the tent city, let the children's country take care of them not the American taxpayer. Or start placing them in the homes of democrats and have them pay all the costs out of their own pockets with no tax right off.

Offline berdie

I agree, Trump should have all the children returned to their country of origin and dismantle the tent city, let the children's country take care of them not the American taxpayer. Or start placing them in the homes of democrats and have them pay all the costs out of their own pockets with no tax right off.

:thumbsup: