Author Topic: Andrew C. McCarthy: Why Trump is likely to be indicted by Manhattan US Attorney  (Read 855 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Andrew C. McCarthy: Why Trump is likely to be indicted by Manhattan US Attorney

By Andrew McCarthy | Fox News

The major takeaway from the 40-page sentencing memorandum filed by federal prosecutors Friday for Michael Cohen, President Trump’s former personal attorney, is this: The president is very likely to be indicted on a charge of violating federal campaign finance laws.

It has been obvious for some time that President Trump is the principal subject of the investigation still being conducted by the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York.

Cohen earlier pleaded guilty to multiple counts of business and tax fraud, violating campaign finance law, and making false statements to Congress regarding unsuccessful efforts to build a Trump Tower in Moscow.

Yes, Cohen has stated he did the hands-on work in orchestrating hush-money payments to two women who claim to have had sexual liaisons with Trump many years ago (liaisons Trump denies).

more
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/andrew-c-mccarthy-why-trump-is-likely-to-be-indicted-by-manhattan-us-attorney
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
One word answer,"Politics".

NY is a Dim state,and the politicians there will dance to any tune the DNC plays.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
So these guys are trying to create a constitutional crisis over campaign finance laws.

If this were a Dem, it might be a slap on the wrist and a small fine.
The Republic is lost.

Oceander

So these guys are trying to create a constitutional crisis over campaign finance laws.

If this were a Dem, it might be a slap on the wrist and a small fine.

My guess is that Mueller is going to present a “roadmap” similar to the one that was presented to Congress for Nixon and leave it to Congress to decide what to do with the information.  The basic idea being to paint Trump by association with all of these convicted felons in his corner, and then tempt Congress to impeach.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
My guess is that Mueller is going to present a “roadmap” similar to the one that was presented to Congress for Nixon and leave it to Congress to decide what to do with the information.  The basic idea being to paint Trump by association with all of these convicted felons in his corner, and then tempt Congress to impeach.

I hope it goes there. The SDNY DA's office is to me sketchy and partisan at best.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Go on, indict him.

What's gonna happen at the gates of the White House when agents arrive to "arrest" him?

Are the Secret Service agents sworn to protect him simply gonna "stand aside"?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

You phrased it much more charitably than I would have, but I agree.

Offline libertybele

I'm not surprised, though this is concerning.  Indicting a president?

Why Trump is likely to be indicted by Manhattan US Attorney

The major takeaway from the 40-page sentencing memorandum filed by federal prosecutors Friday for Michael Cohen, President Trump’s former personal attorney, is this: The president is very likely to be indicted on a charge of violating federal campaign finance laws.

It has been obvious for some time that President Trump is the principal subject of the investigation still being conducted by the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York.

Cohen earlier pleaded guilty to multiple counts of business and tax fraud, violating campaign finance law, and making false statements to Congress regarding unsuccessful efforts to build a Trump Tower in Moscow.

Yes, Cohen has stated he did the hands-on work in orchestrating hush-money payments to two women who claim to have had sexual liaisons with Trump many years ago (liaisons Trump denies).

But when Cohen pleaded guilty in August, prosecutors induced him to make an extraordinary statement in open court: the payments to the women were made “in coordination with and at the direction of” the candidate for federal office – Donald Trump.........

ttps://www.foxnews.com/opinion/andrew-c-mccarthy-why-trump-is-likely-to-be-indicted-by-manhattan-us-attorney

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
The fact that they are wanting to indict a sitting President over campaign finance violations before he was President, while Obama got a pass for alot more money on the table, pretty much shows the rabid partisanship of the NY AG offices.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

If this Commie shitbag lawyer in NY plays this game he will lose.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ex-federal prosecutor: 'It's clear' Trump will be indicted on charges of violating campaign finance law
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/420489-ex-federal-prosecutor-its-clear-trump-will-be-indicted-on-charges-of
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

The fact that they are wanting to indict a sitting President over campaign finance violations before he was President, while Obama got a pass for alot more money on the table, pretty much shows the rabid partisanship of the NY AG offices.

Ah..but there is a different set of rules for the left and a different set of rules for the right.  I don't see Trump winning this one.  They may not indict Trump now ...but they might go after him after he leaves office.   That's what I was hoping and expecting would happen to Clinton and Bammy, but they remain untouchable.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mod2

Duplicate posts merged.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
If this Commie shitbag lawyer in NY plays this game he will lose.

Very nicely put. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.