Author Topic: We should be done with the electric car tax credits  (Read 284 times)

rangerrebew

We should be done with the electric car tax credits
« on: December 09, 2018, 03:09:16 pm »
We should be done with the electric car tax credits

Jazz ShawPosted at 7:01 pm on December 8, 2018

For the past eight years, the government has been shelling out money to offset part of the cost of buying electric vehicles. This is an artifact from the Obama administration and it was supposed to help the climate by encouraging people to move away from gas-powered engines. But the tax credits will be expiring in many cases next year and the question now is whether Congress plans to renew this taxpayer-funded giveaway. Forbes explored the issue last month, weighing some of the pros and cons.

One-time federal tax credits of between $3,500 and $7,500 were enacted in 2010 to help spur sales of plug-in vehicles, which was then a priority for the Obama administration. The incentives helped the industry register sales of 34,000 electrified rides over the first 10 months of 2018, according to InsideEVs.com, which represents a 58% boost over the same period in 2017.

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/12/08/done-electric-car-tax-credits/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: We should be done with the electric car tax credits
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 04:35:00 pm »
Kill it and stick the fork to see if dead.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: We should be done with the electric car tax credits
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 06:56:01 pm »
Stop taxpayer's subsidizing of their sales, their charging and single occupant use of HOV lanes, and while I'm at it charge their owners a mileage based tax for road use, graduated for hybrids. And as a bonus slap a bumpers sticker on all of them stating that they are NOT zero emission vehicles. :chairbang: