Author Topic: Calif. University 'Whiteness' Panel Claims 'Veggie Tales' Is Racist  (Read 707 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Last week, a two-hour "Whiteness Forum" held by students at Cal State San Marcos added the children's Christian program "Veggie Tales" to the list of forbidden "racist" media. I fondly recollect waltzing with potatoes up and down the produce aisle in my childhood years, and can report with certainty that evidence for this claim is just as hard to find as a Cebu.

According to The College Fix, a female student at the "Whiteness Forum" argued that "Veggie Tales" is racist because the villains are vegetables of color. "When kids see the good white character triumph over the bad person of color character they are taught that white is right and minorities are the source of evil," the project stated.

As The College Fix's Drew Van Voorhis explained, the female student argued that "the accents of the evil characters tend to sound ethnic, such as Latino, while the good characters sound white."

Eric Metaxas, a bestselling author and former "Veggie Tales" writer and narrator, offered a playful yet profound comment to PJ Media's request for comment.

"All vegetables are part of one race, even though they are of many colors," Metaxas said. "They are all descended from the same parents — the Adam and Eve of vegetables, who foolishly ate a forbidden fruit (irony?) and screwed everything up for all vegetables descended from them. At least I’m pretty sure that’s the story."

Links:
https://pjmedia.com/trending/calif-university-whiteness-panel-claims-veggie-tales-is-racist/

and here too:

https://www.thecollegefix.com/university-hosts-critical-look-at-whiteness-forum/

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: Calif. University 'Whiteness' Panel Claims 'Veggie Tales' Is Racist
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 02:41:09 pm »
I must have missed the part of the program where an eggplant held up a liquor store.   :whistle:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 02:42:27 pm »
Oh for pity's sake!  All the charcherts are of color.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 05:19:48 pm by ConstitutionRose »
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 02:50:19 pm »
I must have missed the part of the program where an eggplant held up a liquor store.   :whistle:

I think that was the one where he got away with a carton of Newports, a 40 oz malt liquor, and a bottle of Remy or was it Hennessy?  (South Park episode)
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 02:55:32 pm »
I think that was the one where he got away with a carton of Newports, a 40 oz malt liquor, and a bottle of Remy or was it Hennessy?  (South Park episode)

Its probably a good thing the same panel didn't see the South Park Water Park episode.... Cartman (singing): "Too many minorities.... in my water park..."
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn