Author Topic: Dear Conservatives: No One Is Saving Christmas (Ross)  (Read 312 times)

Offline corbe

Dear Conservatives: No One Is Saving Christmas (Ross)
« on: December 09, 2018, 02:39:53 am »
Dear Conservatives: No One Is Saving Christmas

Posted at 6:31 pm on December 8, 2018 by Kimberly Ross

It’s the time of year when decorations go up, lights are displayed, presents are purchased and wrapped, and…Christmas is attacked?

A common theme in the recent past, around this festive season, is the idea that the holiday is under assault by a left-leaning American society. If the words “Happy Holidays” or the less popular “Season’s Greetings” is spoken in place of “Merry Christmas”, suddenly, that sweet babe in the manger is threatened with extinction.

If Barack Obama represented every antithetical to Christmas tradition and meaning, then surely Donald Trump is an ambassador for its restoration and protection, right?

Wrong.

<..snip..>

https://www.redstate.com/kimberly_ross/2018/12/08/dear-conservatives-no-one-saving-christmas/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Dear Conservatives: No One Is Saving Christmas (Ross)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 07:34:28 am »
I tried reading this, really I did, and then I got to this "Unfortunately, the Right as a whole has a problem with politicizing Christianity", excuse me? Is it the Right that turned Easter Vacation into 'Spring Break' or Christmas Vacation into 'Winter Break'? Is it the Right that demands traditional Christmas music be banned from 'Winter' concerts or try and ban the colors red and green, angels, or anything 'Christian' from schools? And yes the replacement of Merry Christmas with neutered seasons greetings is an attack on Christianity, and yes Obama did wage war on Christmas when he was in the White House, anyone remember the decorations.

I don't know if anyone will save Christmas, but I do know we all have to fight against the very real politicization of Christmas and attack of Christmas by the Left. Watch any old TV shows of the fifties and sixties and not only was Christmas and religion respected, they were celebrated and the words God Bless were uttered by more than a few hosts. Today you are much more likely, no guaranteed to hear the words God Damnit before God Bless and Christmas themed shows have nothing at all to do with Christ.