Author Topic: The climate change pit of despair  (Read 2944 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: The climate change pit of despair
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2018, 06:13:11 am »
I need a ton of water every day too - About a gallon and a half.
I buy Snapple Peach Tea every now and then, and reuse that jug for water - About a quart, so six of them a day... But I have begun transitioning back to wide mouth mason jars, because eventually the plastic bottle starts getting ganky, and you can smell the mold in it, no matter how you wash em... That means something is breaking down in them, and that something is going into my body.

SO back to glass, at least when I am home. I got a bunch of those plastic lids for mason jars, which make them pretty easy to use, and that plastic doesn't seem to be degrading (though it is not in direct contact with whatever liquid, most the time).

And I will probably convert to stainless for when I am away. That is already pretty natural, as all my kit is stainless, so I can boil and carry in the bush... But that is where those Snapple bottles are hardest to let go of - They are super durable, don't get hot as quickly in the sun, and they are readily available, so incidental if they are lost. No good for the bush, but pretty useful around town.

@roamer_1   I use the ones at the first link.

https://smile.amazon.com/Ecojarz-Silicone-Drink-Mouth-Canning/dp/B00HGX5HJI/ref=pd_day0_hl_79_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00HGX5HJI&pd_rd_r=f12e711f-fb78-11e8-910d-a1cf523b56ed&pd_rd_w=25HoP&pd_rd_wg=lPlyY&pf_rd_p=ad07871c-e646-4161-82c7-5ed0d4c85b07&pf_rd_r=Y5ET5SH5P46GB10BB94P&psc=1&refRID=Y5ET5SH5P46GB10BB94P

https://smile.amazon.com/THINKCHANCES-Reusable-Silicone-Drinking-Canning/dp/B06XRNXTQW/ref=pd_day0_hl_79_21?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B06XRNXTQW&pd_rd_r=f12e711f-fb78-11e8-910d-a1cf523b56ed&pd_rd_w=25HoP&pd_rd_wg=lPlyY&pf_rd_p=ad07871c-e646-4161-82c7-5ed0d4c85b07&pf_rd_r=Y5ET5SH5P46GB10BB94P&psc=1&refRID=Y5ET5SH5P46GB10BB94P

https://smile.amazon.com/Mason-Straw-Stainless-Steel-Silicone/dp/B075S76QZT/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1544335404&sr=8-19&keywords=wide+mouth+silicone+jar+lids

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2018, 06:32:27 am »
@roamer_1   I use the ones at the first link.

@RoosGirl
I have just been using the regular reusable plastic lids... It;s easy enough to screw em off, take a drink, and screw em back on... And they don't spill a drop.

Something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Ball-Storage-Regular-Mouth-Package/dp/B00OAKGLC2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1544336258&sr=8-4&keywords=wide+mouth+ball+jar+lids+plastic

I didn't know there were sippy-cup lids for ball jars... Silly me. What else would a redneck kid drink CoCola from (after coming off the bottle, I mean)?

I liked the stainless ones at the end... still wholly sealed without using a straw, but with the option...

My, but y'all have a lot of options I never even knew about wrt canning jars. I thought I was getting all professional just having a fermenting kit.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2018, 07:12:30 am »
Who can prove that Earth's Climate is changing (or has ever changed)?????
* Years before Man had walked the Earth .............................4,644,000,000 years (99.871%)
* Years Man has walked the Earth .............................................6,000,000 years (00.129%)
* Age of Earth per radiometric dating...................................4,650,000,000 years (100.000%)

MAY I PLEASE SEE THE SCIENTIFIC RECORD OF HISTORY BEFORE MAN WALKED THE EARTH
AS WELL AS AFTER HE WALKED THE EARTH, PROVING THAT EARTH'S CLIMATE HAS CHANGED!
THANK YOU.

Apologies, as I had to adjust a figure due to a misplaced decimal.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 06:40:19 am by Absalom »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2018, 07:32:44 am »
* Radiometric dating has proven Earth's Age at>>>>>>>>> 4,650,000,000 years (99.99871%)
* Man has walked the Earth for >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>6,000,000 years    (.00129%)

THANK YOU.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2018, 07:53:18 am »
* Radiometric dating has proven Earth's Age at>>>>>>>>> 4,650,000,000 years (99.99871%)
* Man has walked the Earth for >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>6,000,000 years    (.00129%)

THANK YOU.

Whups. My oldenest caused me to pee before  I could properly reply.

Man, has certainly caused climate change. But not all at once on a global scale.

There is more science to prove the existence of god than man-made shirts.

And the all caps. My wife uses ll caps better.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2018, 12:36:21 pm »

The people who stopped coal production in this country had, at the top most, the agenda to sustain big oil. Or the greenies stopping hydro to save a snail darter.

The people who stopped both had one goal in mind, hobbling American energy production, and with it, American industry. They didn't try to sustain "Big Oil", they were fighting oil production (with the lies about fraccing, stonewalling pipeline projects like the Keystone XL or the DAPL) just as hard as they could. Obama taking credit for anything accomplished by the oil companies is pure BS.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 12:37:16 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2018, 02:47:07 pm »
@RoosGirl
I have just been using the regular reusable plastic lids... It;s easy enough to screw em off, take a drink, and screw em back on... And they don't spill a drop.

Something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Ball-Storage-Regular-Mouth-Package/dp/B00OAKGLC2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1544336258&sr=8-4&keywords=wide+mouth+ball+jar+lids+plastic

I didn't know there were sippy-cup lids for ball jars... Silly me. What else would a redneck kid drink CoCola from (after coming off the bottle, I mean)?

I liked the stainless ones at the end... still wholly sealed without using a straw, but with the option...

My, but y'all have a lot of options I never even knew about wrt canning jars. I thought I was getting all professional just having a fermenting kit.

Yeah, I think most of the tupperware generation doesn't realize there are so many options now for ball jars.  Wanted you to see some of what you might be missing.  There are also lids, a little more similar to what you're already, but have a seal-able pour spout.  I can't find exactly what I have, but this is close enough:
https://smile.amazon.com/iLIDS-Mason-Drink-Mouth-2-Pack/dp/B00P16ZCZG/ref=sr_1_17_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1544366428&sr=8-17-spons&keywords=wide+mouth+mason+jar+lid+with+pour+spout&psc=1

I hope you're using the silicone fermenting lids:
https://smile.amazon.com/Maintenance-silicone-waterless-fermentation-dishwasher/dp/B072N42T61/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1544366666&sr=8-9&keywords=wide+mouth+mason+jar+fermenting

or similar so you don't have to mess with those silly water blocks.  I also see now they have glass fermenting weights with little handles molded into them so you can get them back out of the jar.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2018, 04:13:22 pm »
Good grief, @Emjay, get off your high horse.  Go read the article so that you can at least sound like you know what you're talking about.

I like it here on my high horse and I thought the article basically attributed feelings to people that I do not have.  I take care of my personal environment because I like it better that way, but I know that these little actions like drinking a certain kind of water have no effect on weather, much less climate.

I just don't understand all the angst.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2018, 04:41:35 pm »
I refuse to climb into the climate pit of despair. People are so damned full of their importance they really believe they can affect the climate- as in an ice age. Of course we should be good stewards.

I want to know the cause of the temperature change on other planets. Is that our fault, too? I never get an answer to that one from any pants-wetter. My answer is that humans are not that important in the scheme of the whole universe.
Principles matter. Words matter.