Author Topic: Public university removes white instructor for telling students to ‘be respectful in class’  (Read 1110 times)

rangerrebew

Public university removes white instructor for telling students to ‘be respectful in class’
Ethan Berman - University of Texas-Austin •December 6, 2018

Black student apologized ‘if my behavior appeared to be disruptive’

A white biology instructor who repeatedly warned her students to behave themselves has been yanked out of the classroom for the semester and required to undergo classroom management training.

The University of Texas-San Antonio cleared Anita Moss of showing racial bias toward a black student, who has a history of being disruptive, by calling campus police on her.

But a second investigation faulted the senior lecturer for telling students throughout the fall semester to “be respectful in class” by keeping their feet off chairs, putting away their phones and not talking.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/public-university-removes-white-instructor-for-telling-students-to-be-respectful-in-class/

Offline dfwgator

I weep for the future.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Surely there must be a few colleges SOMEWHERE where the leftists don't rule?
???

Offline RoosGirl

A college class, full of supposed adults, where the teacher has to tell the students to behave.   Yes, this bullshit should be free for all young people because they're our future.   *****rollingeyes*****

@Dexter clean up your house before you start demanding free things for it.

Offline goodwithagun

Surely there must be a few colleges SOMEWHERE where the leftists don't rule?
???

Hillsdale
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
What an awful story. 

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
@Dexter clean up your house before you start demanding free things for it.

I would be fine with serious college reform if it became publicly funded. As a society we need to stop blaming teachers for the shortcomings of students. Publicly funded university is going to happen sooner or later. If Republicans came to the table now they might be able to keep things less insane. It won't go down like that, though.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline corbe

My English Lit Professor at UofH in the early 70's always called me out in front of everybody for my stupid essays, similar to some of you 46 years later.  The more things change the more they stay the same.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

Professor Kingsfield could never teach today.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I would be fine with serious college reform if it became publicly funded.

There is SOMETHINg in the title you didn't comprehend?

"Public university"

FFS

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline goodwithagun

I would be fine with serious college reform if it became publicly funded. As a society we need to stop blaming teachers for the shortcomings of students. Publicly funded university is going to happen sooner or later. If Republicans came to the table now they might be able to keep things less insane. It won't go down like that, though.

But . . . aren’t both parties public? One is a public professor and one is a public student.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline aligncare

Why is it assumed that everyone need attend college?

Universal, taxpayer funded college would be a waste of money and talent.

Most of the really important jobs that keep society humming don’t require college. From the trades, to sanitation workers, to transportation workers these jobs pay well and offer workers a good living.

There are plenty of unemployed college graduates who eventually find their niche in a more realistic job pursuit.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
But . . . aren’t both parties public? One is a public professor and one is a public student.

You know exactly what I am talking about. I'm not much for playing pedantic games.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 01:48:45 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates