Author Topic: Feds Spend $149,631 To Determine How Ranchers ‘Perceive and Communicate’ About Climate Change  (Read 518 times)

rangerrebew

Feds Spend $149,631 To Determine How Ranchers ‘Perceive and Communicate’ About Climate Change
Posted By Elizabeth Harrington On December 7, 2018 @ 5:00 am 

The U.S. Department of Agriculture is spending roughly $150,000 to find out how ranchers "perceive and communicate" about global warming.

The Boise State University study is attempting to convince ranchers to take action on climate change through a "behavioral field experiment" that will test ranchers reactions to different "framings" of climate change.

"Rangelands, and ranching, are an integral part of the economy, culture, and ecology of the western US," according to the grant for the study, which was awarded earlier this year. "The long-term health of these rangelands, and the way of life they support, however, is increasingly threatened by uncertainty associated with climate change."

URL to article: https://freebeacon.com/issues/feds-spend-149631-determine-ranchers-perceive-communicate-climate-change/

Offline ConstitutionRose

I can't wait to hear this report.  I'm texting it to my cousins in Texas.  A "rancher workshop"!   They appreciate a good laugh.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I can't wait to hear this report.  I'm texting it to my cousins in Texas.  A "rancher workshop"!   They appreciate a good laugh.

Since this is in Idaho, they might have a workshop near me.

My uncle had this neighbor who was always complaining about my uncle's cows getting onto his land. My uncle went over to the neighbor's one day and the guy and two friends were butchering two of my uncle's yearlings. The neighbor told him "I warned ya".

So my uncle started to rigorously ride fence. Said he was up in the treeline one day and the neighbor pulled up to the fence a ways down the hill and started dropping the wires. My uncle rode down, pulled his .40, and told the guy he should fill him full of holes. The neighbor ended up paying for that beef and then some.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline ConstitutionRose

Since this is in Idaho, they might have a workshop near me.

My uncle had this neighbor who was always complaining about my uncle's cows getting onto his land. My uncle went over to the neighbor's one day and the guy and two friends were butchering two of my uncle's yearlings. The neighbor told him "I warned ya".

So my uncle started to rigorously ride fence. Said he was up in the treeline one day and the neighbor pulled up to the fence a ways down the hill and started dropping the wires. My uncle rode down, pulled his .40, and told the guy he should fill him full of holes. The neighbor ended up paying for that beef and then some.

No fences on my cousins spread.  As a child, I was puzzled the first time I heard a reference to "two-legged coyotes".   They always go armed, because the two-legged kind are the most dangerous.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
No fences on my cousins spread.  As a child, I was puzzled the first time I heard a reference to "two-legged coyotes".   They always go armed, because the two-legged kind are the most dangerous.

Yes, they are. The other side of the fence above my uncle's is open range. But I digress.

Out when I was a farmhand, the local ranchers would sorta get together and have general roundup to bring in cows off the blm, etc. "free" rangelands. There was a set of corrals they would bring them all to. And then sort them out. They went out and gathered up  500-600 head. The next day all those cows and calves were gone.  Someone had apparently come in during the dark with big trucks and hauled them all away. These corrals are in a spot you can't see from the highway.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley