Author Topic: President Trump to Officiate the Coin Toss at Army-Navy Game  (Read 1411 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

President Trump to Officiate the Coin Toss at Army-Navy Game
« on: December 08, 2018, 02:19:36 pm »
President Trump to Officiate the Coin Toss at Army-Navy Game
Breitbart, Dec 7, 2018

President Donald Trump will officiate the coin toss at the upcoming Army-Navy game on Saturday.

Trump will become the tenth sitting president to attend the game in a tradition that goes back all the way to our 26th President, Theodore Roosevelt, who kicked off the trend in 1901, according to USA Today.

Saturday’s game between the No. 22 Black Knights (9-2) and the Navy’s Midshipmen (3-9) will be Trump’s first as president.

Army hopes to expand its winning streak to three after losing fourteen in a row in a rivalry that has been underway since 1890.

The record since 1890 shows Navy with 60 wins, Army with 51 and seven ties. But Navy has the biggest winning streak between the two with fourteen wins from 2002 to 2015.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2018/12/07/president-trump-to-officiate-the-coin-toss-at-army-navy-game/

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: President Trump to Officiate the Coin Toss at Army-Navy Game
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 05:12:57 pm »
Given the political climate and the way the media have everybody at a fever pitch, this isn't cool.   **nononono*
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 05:20:46 pm »
Given the political climate and the way the media have everybody at a fever pitch, this isn't cool.   **nononono*

I'm growing more and more concerned for the President's safety, too @DCPatriot   All one has to do is read the titles of threads right here in Briefer City (and they're the tip of the iceberg).  Can't help but wonder just what the opposition's final solution may be.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 05:23:00 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 07:10:39 pm »
I'm growing more and more concerned for the President's safety, too @DCPatriot   All one has to do is read the titles of threads right here in Briefer City (and they're the tip of the iceberg).  Can't help but wonder just what the opposition's final solution may be.

@Right_in_Virginia

As for the thread, this is a beautiful and courageous gesture.   Even the Pope travels in a bullet-proof bubble today.

But...I've been consumed lately with macabre thoughts about his future. 

I had dinner with my Commie ladyfriend...old girlfriend last night.  She was floating about her seat with glee at the prospect of the President being  brought down.

Nothing I could say to her would make her question her POV.  NOTHING!!

Pray for his safety, Briefers.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 07:18:40 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Nothing I could say to her would make her question her POV.  NOTHING!!

Pray for his safety, Briefers.   

Amen @DCPatriot   Amen. 

Offline the_doc

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 07:46:07 pm »
It's kinda weird when an elected President gets personally involved in a crucial coin flip ostensibly to prevent military cheating.  He probably ought to have the military officiate national elections. 

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 08:02:27 pm »

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 08:12:17 pm »
Navy won the toss. 

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2018, 08:15:10 pm »
It's kinda weird when an elected President gets personally involved in a crucial coin flip ostensibly to prevent military cheating.  He probably ought to have the military officiate national elections.

It's not weird, rare, maybe @the_doc   

Kennedy, Bush 43 and Obama have also tossed the coin.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 08:15:43 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline the_doc

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2018, 08:22:41 pm »
It's not weird, rare, maybe @the_doc   

Kennedy, Bush 43 and Obama have also tossed the coin.

Thanks, I get that.  (I admit that I was just using my snarky little post to hint that we ought to re-do a lot of the 2018 elections under martial law supervision--especially in California, it seems.)

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2018, 08:26:29 pm »
Thanks, I get that.  (I admit that I was just using my snarky little post to hint that we ought to re-do a lot of the 2018 elections under martial law supervision--especially in California, it seems.)

Oh, I get THAT @the_doc   

BTW, I'm sure the 9th Circuit will reverse the President's toss in .... 4..3..2..   happy77

Offline the_doc

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2018, 08:28:58 pm »
Oh, I get THAT @the_doc   

BTW, I'm sure the 9th Circuit will reverse the President's toss in .... 4..3..2..   happy77

888high58888

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2018, 09:08:02 pm »

I believe political assassination attempts were more common years ago. (not all inclusive)

1963 Kennedy, 1968 Robt. Kennedy, MLK, 1972ish Geo. Wallace, twice on Gerald Ford, Reagan, etc.

Perhaps many attempts these days, are foiled, and kept out of the media.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2018, 11:13:58 pm »
Army just covered!
I stand with Roosgirl.