Author Topic: Republicans who could challenge Trump in 2020  (Read 1416 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Republicans who could challenge Trump in 2020
« on: December 08, 2018, 02:39:19 am »
5 Republicans who could challenge Trump in 2020

December 6, 2018

snip

Kasich, Flake, Sasse, Cruz, McMullin.

snip

https://theweek.com/articles/811016/5-republicans-who-could-challenge-trump-2020
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Republicans who could challenge Trump in 2020
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 02:51:26 am »
Kasich, Flake, Sasse

:silly:

McMullin?  Is he a Republican?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 02:59:10 am »
Nothing wrong with Cruz or Sasse
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 03:04:28 am »
   This would be a great poll question @Chosen Daughter but personally, IMHO Cruz has been castrated like every other Conservative in the Trumplican Party.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 03:30:17 am »
   This would be a great poll question @Chosen Daughter but personally, IMHO Cruz has been castrated like every other Conservative in the Trumplican Party.

Doesn't quite have the same luster.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 03:30:31 am »

I'd say we need to wait and see what happens in the next year. Cruz has been very supportive of Trump. The only way that I remotely see Cruz challenging Trump is if Trump falls off the rails and rolls far to the left.  Honestly though, I just don't see Trump running for re-election and if he does, he would be very wise to ask Cruz to be his VP.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 03:32:02 am »
Kasich, Flake, Sasse

Wiki shows McMuffin, as a Republican before his 2016 dash for the Potus prize as an independent.

IMHO misin from this silly article, areJeb-Bush, Rick Perry, Marco Rubio, Mike Pence, Milt Romney, Paul Ryan, Scott Walker, Condi Rice, Haley whatserhername, Gary Johnston, and more. 

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 03:53:37 am »
Kasich, Flake, Sasse

Wiki shows McMuffin, as a Republican before his 2016 dash for the Potus prize as an independent.

IMHO misin from this silly article, areJeb-Bush, Rick Perry, Marco Rubio, Mike Pence, Milt Romney, Paul Ryan, Scott Walker, Condi Rice, Haley whatserhername, Gary Johnston, and more.

IMHO foolish to speculate this far out in advance without seeing how Trump fares in the next 2 years and before he even announces that he'll run for re-election.

Secondly, O'Rourke, Castro and Gillum will ALL give Trump a run for his money and could very easily win. 

Thirdly, I've not heard of anyone mentioned above stating that they were gong to challenge Trump -- silly article indeed.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 04:03:04 am »

Offline DB

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2018, 04:05:52 am »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2018, 04:43:30 am »

@corbe Please, no polls about Ted Cruz's nuts.

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2018, 04:45:46 am »
Honestly though, I just don't see Trump running for re-election and if he does, he would be very wise to ask Cruz to be his VP.

Google says there were only 4 U.S. presidents that didn't run for re-election; James Polk, Rutherford Hayes, Franklin Roosevelt and Lyndon Johnson. Why don't you think Trump would run? I would like to see him break the 2-term barrier, personally. What accent does Melania have anyway? Is she Chekz?
I won't accept.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2018, 05:22:46 am »
Google says there were only 4 U.S. presidents that didn't run for re-election; James Polk, Rutherford Hayes, Franklin Roosevelt and Lyndon Johnson. Why don't you think Trump would run? I would like to see him break the 2-term barrier, personally. What accent does Melania have anyway? Is she Chekz?
She is from Slovenia, once part of Yugoslavia. She speaks Slovenian.

You are perhaps thinking of Czechslovakia.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2018, 05:29:13 am »
FDR did run for reelection,  repeatedly. 
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2018, 07:50:23 am »
FDR did run for reelection,  repeatedly.

Then Google can't be trusted, if you are correct.
I won't accept.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2018, 08:49:20 am »

Is this a joke account?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2018, 02:16:59 pm »
Polk is one of my favorites.
True to his campaign pledge to serve only one term, Polk left office in 1849 and returned to Tennessee; he died in Nashville, most likely of cholera, three months after leaving the White House.
Wikipedia
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2018, 03:06:36 pm »
I'd say we need to wait and see what happens in the next year. Cruz has been very supportive of Trump. The only way that I remotely see Cruz challenging Trump is if Trump falls off the rails and rolls far to the left.  Honestly though, I just don't see Trump running for re-election and if he does, he would be very wise to ask Cruz to be his VP.

The President is already running for reelection.  https://www.donaldjtrump.com/   All the rallies during the midterm were funded through his reelection campaign @libertybele

According to the Trump/2020 website it's "Trump/Pence" ... not Cruz