Author Topic: Nadler: I'm ending investigation into FBI, DOJ when I become chairman  (Read 489 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nadler: I'm ending investigation into FBI, DOJ when I become chairman
By Olivia Beavers - 12/07/18 12:13 PM EST

The Democrat poised to lead the House Judiciary Committee next year says he has no intention of continuing the GOP-led investigation into FBI and Justice Department (DOJ) decisionmaking during the 2016 election.

Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.), who stepped outside of the ongoing closed-door interview with former FBI Director James Comey, told reporters Friday that he plans to end the probe come January.

"Yes, because it is a waste of time to start with," Nadler said in response to a question about whether he would end the probe. Nadler characterized the Republican investigation as a political sideshow that aims to distract from special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into possible ties between the Trump campaign and Russia.

"The entire purpose of this investigation is to be a diversion of the real investigation, which is Mueller. There is no evidence of bias at the FBI and this other nonsense they are talking about," he continued.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/420267-nadler-im-ending-investigation-into-fbi-doj-when-i-become-chairman
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: Nadler: I'm ending investigation into FBI, DOJ when I become chairman
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 08:05:44 pm »
But Russian collusion is real even though we have found no evidence. 
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Nadler: I'm ending investigation into FBI, DOJ when I become chairman
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 08:09:53 pm »
The FBI has lost much of its lauded credibility in the last few years.  A thorough investigation is not only needed but could end up being to the Bureau's ultimate benefit if the corruption is exposed and stopped.

I don't care what Waddler says.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.