Author Topic: NC GOP candidate: 'I would wholeheartedly support' new election if fraud is found  (Read 448 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NC GOP candidate: 'I would wholeheartedly support' new election if fraud is found
by Al Weaver
 | December 07, 2018 02:49 PM

Republican Mark Harris announced Friday that he would support a new election for North Carolina's 9th congressional district if it is determined that election fraud swung the race in his favor.

Harris announced in a web video that he would back a potential new race amid rising evidence of fraud in the contest, in which he leads Democratic rival Dan McCready by 905 votes. Questions surround an independent contractor that worked on Harris' campaign as the state's board of elections investigates absentee ballot irregularities.

"Although I was absolutely unaware of any wrongdoing, that will not prevent me from cooperating with this investigation," Harris said, adding he is hopeful about ultimately being certified the winner of the election. "However, if this investigation finds proof of illegal activity on either side to such a level that it could have changed the outcome of the election, then I would wholeheartedly support a new election to ensure all voters have confidence in the results."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/nc-gop-candidate-i-would-wholeheartedly-support-new-election-if-fraud-is-found
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
NC GOP candidate: 'I would wholeheartedly support' new election if fraud is found
by Al Weaver
 | December 07, 2018 02:49 PM

Republican Mark Harris announced Friday that he would support a new election for North Carolina's 9th congressional district if it is determined that election fraud swung the race in his favor.

Harris announced in a web video that he would back a potential new race amid rising evidence of fraud in the contest, in which he leads Democratic rival Dan McCready by 905 votes. Questions surround an independent contractor that worked on Harris' campaign as the state's board of elections investigates absentee ballot irregularities.

"Although I was absolutely unaware of any wrongdoing, that will not prevent me from cooperating with this investigation," Harris said, adding he is hopeful about ultimately being certified the winner of the election. "However, if this investigation finds proof of illegal activity on either side to such a level that it could have changed the outcome of the election, then I would wholeheartedly support a new election to ensure all voters have confidence in the results."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/nc-gop-candidate-i-would-wholeheartedly-support-new-election-if-fraud-is-found

It might be a good idea to just leave it alone at this point, Harris.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline the_doc

It might be a good idea to just leave it alone at this point, Harris.

Rumors are flying that the DHS will say that we ought to hold new elections all over the place.  (How?  I dunno.)  The long-awaited report by the DHS on voting fraud is due later this month.  (They are only waiting to include their data from the 2018 election.)    Maybe Harris is trying to get ahead of such a wave of furor if it forms.

(The Dems will try to trash the DHS report.  Harris's forthrightness as a Republican would put them in a tight spot.)