Author Topic: How to protect your mental well-being this festive season  (Read 1930 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: How to protect your mental well-being this festive season
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2018, 01:22:47 am »
Exactly!  I completely agree.

One of the most memorable and enjoyable Thanksgivings was such a trip.   Our son still talks about it today.  My Mom was distraught when I told her we were not going to make it for thanksgiving that year.  At the last minute we decided to go Redwing MN to shop for pink depression glass at a huge flee market.
We checked into our hotel on Thanksgiving day only to find out every restaurant in Redwing was closed...except for the local bowling alley.  The Bowl-A-Rama was serving up an all you can eat Thanksgiving buffet.  The place was packed and the meal was fantastic!   

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2018, 01:28:06 am »
One of the most memorable and enjoyable Thanksgivings was such a trip.   Our son still talks about it today.  My Mom was distraught when I told her we were not going to make it for thanksgiving that year.  At the last minute we decided to go Redwing MN to shop for pink depression glass at a huge flee market.
We checked into our hotel on Thanksgiving day only to find out every restaurant in Redwing was closed...except for the local bowling alley.  The Bowl-A-Rama was serving up an all you can eat Thanksgiving buffet.  The place was packed and the meal was fantastic!   

What a great memory.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2018, 03:12:08 am »
Christmas time; the only time day drinking is advised.

I kept a bottle of Baileys under the seat in my truck, and would pour a shot into every cup of crappy hardware store coffee I got as I made my morning rounds... It really helped the taste... Everything was good... It took me a while to figger out I was getting sh*tfaced by 10:30 in the morning, when sadly, my love affair with Baileys came to an end.

But ONE (large) Baileys inffused mocha is a wonderful way to start your day  happy77