Author Topic: Trump picks William Barr as next attorney general  (Read 1745 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump picks William Barr as next attorney general
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2018, 05:36:09 pm »

Sure.  An earlier version of Shaw, Pittman, Potts & Trowbridge is only responsible for most large corp energy mergers and created existing US patent law.  Both firms are over a century old, with ties to both parties going back to the 19th century.  But, what do I know?    :shrug:

Every large legal firm has a lobbying unit .... but there is also more to them.   :shrug:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Trump picks William Barr as next attorney general
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2018, 05:46:34 pm »
Every large legal firm has a lobbying unit .... but there is also more to them.   :shrug:

That’s correct.  For instance, Shaw, Pittman, Potts & Trowbridge fought for the rights of transgender members of the military, after Trump signed his order.  They also worked to get the UAE a nuclear program and defended Gitmo detainees.  Doesn’t sound like a political or swampy firm, at all.

I’m imagining your cerebrovascular event if a Dem president was appointing an AG tied to a place that performed this type of work, whether they were part of the cases, or not.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 05:48:58 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.