Author Topic: Dick’s Sporting Goods Says Gun-Control Stance Hurt Business, May Close Field & Stream  (Read 633 times)

rangerrebew

Dick’s Sporting Goods Says Gun-Control Stance Hurt Business, May Close Field & Stream
Posted By Stephen Gutowski On December 6, 2018 @ 5:00 am

Dick's Sporting Goods told investors during the Goldman Sachs Retailing Conference that its gun-control stance hurt sales of its hunting business, outdoors business, and that it may close its outdoor-focused Field & Stream stores.

Edward Stack, chairman and CEO of Dick's, said during the event that the sporting goods chain's recent 3.9 percent drop in same-store sales was the result of a mix of factors beyond their control as well as some he called "self-imposed." Specifically, he said, "the decisions we made on firearms" negatively affected their bottom line but the drop in sales was something they expected. They did not, however, regret their decision to change a number of their gun-sales policies and back new gun-control legislation.

URL to article: https://freebeacon.com/issues/dicks-sporting-goods-says-gun-control-stance-hurt-business-may-close-field-stream/

Offline verga

That's a shame I tell ya, just a real cryin' shame.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Edward Stack, chairman and CEO .

I think they should find new leadership. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

Edward Stack, chairman and CEO .

I think they should find new leadership.

That jackass Ed is the son of the founder. He isn't going anywhere.

BTW I can't believe how tone deaf a PA company is especially since they are located in a state where schools are closed for the first day of doe season.

Offline ConstitutionRose

DUH.  You'd think they'd learn from their mistake.  Of course, their competition is no doubt applauding.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Just_Victor

If the CEO destroys his business can he be sued by his employees?  Like Enron?
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

One enters the toilet bowl when one castrates its primary business.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline musiclady

DUH.  You'd think they'd learn from their mistake.  Of course, their competition is no doubt applauding.

There's no cure for this kind of stupid.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington