Author Topic: Tucker Carlson: Trump has not kept his promises  (Read 2845 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Tucker Carlson: Trump has not kept his promises
« on: December 07, 2018, 03:36:22 am »
Tucker Carlson: Trump has not kept his promises

By Michael Burke - 12/06/18 04:09 PM EST

Fox News host Tucker Carlson said this week that President Trump

has not kept the promises he made on the campaign trail.

Carlson told Die Weltwoche, a weekly magazine in Switzerland,, that Trump's "chief promises" were that he would build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, defund Planned Parenthood and repeal the Affordable Care Act.

"And he hasn't done any of those things," Carlson said. "I've come to believe that Trump's role is not as a conventional president who promises to get certain things achieved to the Congress and then does."

Carlson added that he doesn't think Trump is "capable" of fulfilling those promises.

"I don't think he's capable of sustained focus," Carlson said. "I don't think he understands the system. I don't think the Congress is on his side. I don't think his own agencies support him."

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/420137-tucker-carlson-trump-has-not-kept-his-promises
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Tucker Carlson: Trump has not kept his promises
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 03:39:55 am »
Trump's "chief promises" were that he would build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, defund Planned Parenthood and repeal the Affordable Care Act.

Wonder what the hang up was with getting those things done? Oh yeah. Rat John McCain and fagot Paul Ryan.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 03:40:44 am »
Not even reading your post.  I do not believe this.  I watch Tucker Carlson a lot and he would NEVER say that and you are guilty of ferreting out every negative thing you can find about Trump, true or not.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 04:07:06 am »
Drudge has it up, different article, basically the same thing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/tucker-carlson-says-trump-is-%E2%80%98not-capable%E2%80%99-and-hasn%E2%80%99t-kept-his-promises/ar-BBQB8Vd?li=BBnb7Kx

I respect Tucker, I still believe Trump has done so much. That's just my view. Yes, we are not seeing that wall go up or healthcare reform or defunding planned parenthood. I'm still satisfied and in all 3 of these things, I'd say he's tried pretty hard.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 04:23:51 am »
This is a tiny seed extracted from a long history of Trump support by Tucker.  I refuse to participate in its dissemination.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 04:28:31 am »
Not even reading your post.  I do not believe this.  I watch Tucker Carlson a lot and he would NEVER say that and you are guilty of ferreting out every negative thing you can find about Trump, true or not.

Well if you like Tucker Carlson you would probably like to read the entire interview.  Quite interesting if you ask me.  I think he is very smart and has a great understanding of how America has changed over the years.  And how people handle change.

https://www.weltwoche.ch/ausgaben/2018-49/artikel/trump-is-not-capable-die-weltwoche-ausgabe-49-2018.html
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 04:33:23 am »
   Crap, in two days he's got Ingram and Carlson nipping at his heels like physco Chihuahuas, something must be going on at FOX.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 04:36:17 am »
   Crap, in two days he's got Ingram and Carlson nipping at his heels like physco Chihuahuas, something must be going on at FOX.

I certainly hope so.  They are enablers.  Like the parents that give their drug addict children money to go buy drugs.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 04:56:40 am »
Trump's "chief promises" were that he would build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, defund Planned Parenthood and repeal the Affordable Care Act.

Wonder what the hang up was with getting those things done? Oh yeah. Rat John McCain and fagot Paul Ryan.

What's gonna be Trump's excuse for the next 2 years?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7VBbWuC_zM

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 02:52:30 pm »
President's can't legislate...that's congress job. Trump works night and day to achieve the things promised in his campaign, and every who's NOT a peawit realizes the road block to accomplishing these things is the NT wing of the GOP...the Flakes, McCain's, Murkowskis, Collins', Oncelers, Chosendaughters, and the host of folks who'd rather lift the Left to permanent victory than let an upstart Republican president achieve goals like a Border Wall or defunding of PP. 

How ironic that those who would blame the President for not achieving these promises, are the very ones who've blocked him from achieving them.

As for Tucker, he's a realist and a supporter of Trump's policies...likely a bit frustrated that Trump has let these Republican Quislings stop his agenda. Make no mistake though, Carlson knows and repeatedly asserts that the GOP NT's are the one's truly at fault. Their pathetic opposition to anything Trump...no matter how common sensical or conservative in nature...is the problem. For the Dems, these folks are useful idiots...and they were happy to ride them to power in the House, and now aim to take back the White House with the assistance of NeverTrump Republicans.

We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2018, 03:07:32 pm »
This is a tiny seed extracted from a long history of Trump support by Tucker.  I refuse to participate in its dissemination.

Carlson uses unnecessarily provocative terms here that he should've known would be seized and turned on the president by the media. However, his basic points are a reasonable take on the president and the difficulty he's had adjusting to working within the DC system.

Carlson could've leavened his criticism of Trump by pointing out some of the successes he's had as well as the disgusting reluctance of the old guard GOP to back him up, which undoubtedly did take Trump off guard.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 03:35:05 pm by skeeter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 03:33:06 pm »
President's can't legislate...that's congress job. Trump works night and day to achieve the things promised in his campaign, and every who's NOT a peawit realizes the road block to accomplishing these things is the NT wing of the GOP...the Flakes, McCain's, Murkowskis, Collins', Oncelers, Chosendaughters, and the host of folks who'd rather lift the Left to permanent victory than let an upstart Republican president achieve goals like a Border Wall or defunding of PP. 

How ironic that those who would blame the President for not achieving these promises, are the very ones who've blocked him from achieving them.

As for Tucker, he's a realist and a supporter of Trump's policies...likely a bit frustrated that Trump has let these Republican Quislings stop his agenda. Make no mistake though, Carlson knows and repeatedly asserts that the GOP NT's are the one's truly at fault. Their pathetic opposition to anything Trump...no matter how common sensical or conservative in nature...is the problem. For the Dems, these folks are useful idiots...and they were happy to ride them to power in the House, and now aim to take back the White House with the assistance of NeverTrump Republicans.

There is no doubt that Tucker Carlson has been fair to the President.  He is fair in this interview also.  And no, the President has not worked day and night to stop abortion or illegal immigration.  Just asking doesn't cut it.  We could have excused the first time he signed a spending bill but the second time, no.  Furthermore it appears he works day and night to get rid of the ones who are working on illegal immigration (Jeff Sessions).  He keeps close to him the ones who are all about Amnesty (Lindsey Graham).  Lindsey Graham has promoted amnesty even into Trumps two years of Presidency.  You can bet he is salivating at the fact that he may finally get his deal.  I am sure that as this funding bill comes up Lindsey has been a regular between offices of Schumer, Pelosi, Durban to work out the deal to give the border 1.6 billion to fix fences and supply regular funding of border patrol.  You can expect to see a deal on DACA without any strings attached like getting rid of chain migration.  Not going to happen, not any of it.

Now, today Trump is likely to sign the two week funding extension as Congress goes out on vacation. 

And don't expect Planned Parenthood to be on the chopping block either.  Democrats have enjoyed this administration caving to their desires.  Trump has had kid gloves the whole time.  Coddling the wants of the Democratic party.  Now they will have free reign and Trump has not pushed his authority one bit.  Rather it has been two years of drama, firings, suspicion and investigation.  I think he has loved the "witch hunt".  He thrives on his many, many times he has been sued or under investigation.

Now Kelly is the next one to go.  It is being reported he is expected to resign.  Trump and him are not talking.  Well I don't know whether Kelly was doing his job or not, but Trump hired all the people he fired.

Oh, and I can't forget Liberals Rudy Guliani, Cohen, Amorosa.  Acosta, Trump and Jeffrey Epstein.

Trump was never a Republican but he ran on the Republican ticket because running a third party would not have landed him the Presidency.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 03:37:07 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2018, 03:57:45 pm »

I am getting really sick and tired of some of the people around here whose main hobby in life seems to be griping about Trump's so-called failure to get things done.  Trump did not abandon the promises he campaigned on.  No one could possibly believe that.  But how many allies has he had in achieving them?  As you point out, Trump cannot pass laws.  And I don't want Trump to be able to pass laws because that would mean abandoning our system of checks and balances.

But why are the people who voted for Trump because of his agenda so quick to whine because everything wasn't magically enacted the day he took office.  It does not work that way.

But no one could realistically say that Trump has given up on his efforts to achieve his goals.  No one could have worked harder.  And I honestly think that a few of the do-nothing Senators are finally beginning to respect him, trust him and get behind him.

He's already made a lot of strides in reforming the judiciary and his next appointment to the Supreme Court will reform that Court for years to come.  He has been our bulwark against the Left's agenda of welcoming all the scum of the earth into our Country.

Sheesh.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2018, 04:25:08 pm »
It is not about 'Trump', it is all about the Republican Party.
Trump is true on his word. But he can't do anything when his own Party is mostly on the side of the Democrats.
It is more Paul Ryan than it is Trump. It is the entrenched Republicans that sabotaged the whole deal.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2018, 05:02:01 pm »
More border enforcement, check.

Measures taken against Planned Parenthood such as the right of states to defund without repercussion, check.

Repeal healthcare, it has been gutted some.

In honesty, it's not a total miss on any of these 3 times, it's just not neat and tied up with a bow.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2018, 05:32:14 pm »
There is no doubt that Tucker Carlson has been fair to the President.  He is fair in this interview also.  And no, the President has not worked day and night to stop abortion or illegal immigration.  Just asking doesn't cut it.  We could have excused the first time he signed a spending bill but the second time, no.  Furthermore it appears he works day and night to get rid of the ones who are working on illegal immigration (Jeff Sessions).  He keeps close to him the ones who are all about Amnesty (Lindsey Graham).  Lindsey Graham has promoted amnesty even into Trumps two years of Presidency.  You can bet he is salivating at the fact that he may finally get his deal.  I am sure that as this funding bill comes up Lindsey has been a regular between offices of Schumer, Pelosi, Durban to work out the deal to give the border 1.6 billion to fix fences and supply regular funding of border patrol.  You can expect to see a deal on DACA without any strings attached like getting rid of chain migration.  Not going to happen, not any of it.

Now, today Trump is likely to sign the two week funding extension as Congress goes out on vacation. 

And don't expect Planned Parenthood to be on the chopping block either.  Democrats have enjoyed this administration caving to their desires.  Trump has had kid gloves the whole time.  Coddling the wants of the Democratic party.  Now they will have free reign and Trump has not pushed his authority one bit.  Rather it has been two years of drama, firings, suspicion and investigation.  I think he has loved the "witch hunt".  He thrives on his many, many times he has been sued or under investigation.

Now Kelly is the next one to go.  It is being reported he is expected to resign.  Trump and him are not talking.  Well I don't know whether Kelly was doing his job or not, but Trump hired all the people he fired.

Oh, and I can't forget Liberals Rudy Guliani, Cohen, Amorosa.  Acosta, Trump and Jeffrey Epstein.

Trump was never a Republican but he ran on the Republican ticket because running a third party would not have landed him the Presidency.

You seem to want the President to shut everything down...set aside every other issue...and die in a political Alamo...to get the things he wants such as less abortion, less funding for PP, a wall, and spending reductions. Sounds great if you're a philosopher living in a vacuum...and would be pure counterproductive idiocy in reality. If the President followed your Utopian advice, we would lose the Senate in addition to the House....hand the Presidency back to the Left in 2020...and ignite broad and deep political defeats of conservatism across the nation. But hey, as long as we had the moral victory of saying we shut down the government and died defending the hill...right? Might there be a time to shut everything down...yes...but sure as hell not when the GOP controls both houses of congress and the White House, and therefore will take 100% of the blame for a shut down.

The irony is, the President COULD have achieved much of these things you seem to want...had he not been continuously undermined by folks like yourself in the NT Camp...you of the Flake, McCain, Murkowski, Collins Trump hate clan.

The President must operate within the reality of what CAN be accomplished politically...not the philosophical realm of fight every fight until he achieves political oblivion for himself and the GOP. He has to get in the mud in fight for inches...not ride a unicorn over a rainbow to the pot of gold.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 05:36:17 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2018, 05:34:50 pm »

This is reasonable comment.   But let's face it -  Trump does more than his share to establish the tone of confrontation, petty insults and hyper-partisanship,  and unlike most Dems is not hesitant to mock for the benefit of his base members of his own party.   It is hardly surprising the so-called NTs react the way they do. 

And the situation is hardly helped when usually intelligent folks like @Mesaclone fan the flames by referring to "Republican Quislings".    But that's Trump in a nutshell - unreasonable demands for fealty backed up by insults and name-calling.   

The problem within the GOP predates Trump, however.   Our coalition is a shaky one -  good Republicans are routinely labeled RINOs,  and the fighting between social conservatives and other conservatives is a daily feature of this board.   I give the Dems credit for being, at least in recent times,  a far more unified caucus than we are.   And that unity has only increased under Trump,  an easy and obvious enemy to focus their passion on.   

« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 05:39:20 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2018, 05:40:33 pm »
This is reasonable comment.   But let's face it -  Trump does more than his share to establish the tone of confrontation, petty insults and hyper-partisanship,  and unlike most Dems is not hesitant to mock for the benefit of his base members of his own party.   It is hardly surprising the so-called NTs react the way they do.   

The problem within the GOP predates Trump, however.   Our coalition is a shaky one -  good Republicans are routinely labeled RINOs,  and the fighting between social conservatives and other conservatives is a daily feature of this board.   I give the Dems credit for being, at least in recent times,  a far more unified caucus than we are.   And that unity has only increased under Trump,  an easy and obvious enemy to focus their passion on.   

The problem DOES predate Trump. In fact, I'd argue that the "tone of confrontation" has existed for at least a dozen years...and that Trump is the first Republican to...finally...actually fire back and fight back.  Considering that, blaming him for the "hostile environment" is just rich...when your teammates are getting punched in the face, I don't blame the guy who finally punches back. Nor do I credit those who claim counter-punching is immoral...or retroactively the cause of the hostile situation. And if a few of the teammates find it "crude" or "undignified" to fight back...preferring to perpetually turn the other cheek while getting itch-slapped...then that's a them problem.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 05:42:13 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2018, 05:47:10 pm »
The problem DOES predate Trump. In fact, I'd argue that the "tone of confrontation" has existed for at least a dozen years...and that Trump is the first Republican to...finally...actually fire back and fight back.  Considering that, blaming him for the "hostile environment" is just rich...when your teammates are getting punched in the face, I don't blame the guy who finally punches back. Nor do I credit those who claim counter-punching is immoral...or retroactively the cause of the hostile situation. And if a few of the teammates find it "crude" or "undignified" to fight back...preferring to perpetually turn the other cheek while getting itch-slapped...then that's a them problem.

But your ire doesn't appear to be directed toward the "other team",  but rather toward long-standing members of the GOP coalition - teammates - who you deem insufficiently loyal to your man. 

Trump's only been a Republican and a conservative for a few years now.   The conservative credentials of those you label NTs go back decades.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2018, 06:01:13 pm »
Trump did say on the campaign trail that he would get these things done.
He still has 2 years left on his first term, but it won't get easier.

Of course, he has the current congress and the upcoming congress to deal with, but wasn't that always the case, that he had to deal with congress?

Let's be honest, he didn't campaign saying "I will work hard with congress to achieve building a border wall, repealing Obamacare, and defunding planned parenthood".
No, he said "I will build border wall, repealing Obamacare, and defunding planned parenthood".

Subtle difference, but a difference, nonetheless.

Many people bought into the notion that he alone could accomplish these things, for a myriad of reasons.
He's a businessman, he fights, he will reach across the aisle, he'll drain the swamp, etc.

It is not over yet, but i think accomplishing these things it's more unlikely than before.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I still like the court picks, the tax cuts, and the deregulation.
The threat of tariffs is okay, but that actual tariffs may come into fruition makes me a bit nervous.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 06:31:48 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2018, 06:06:54 pm »
The irony is, for Trump to have done all these things he would have had to be a dictator, which is the same thing the Resistance NT'ers complain about him being every time he tweets.

The F Trump crowd is downright asinine at times in their desperation.
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2018, 06:13:44 pm »
The irony is, for Trump to have done all these things he would have had to be a dictator, which is the same thing the Resistance NT'ers complain about him being every time he tweets.

The F Trump crowd is downright asinine at times in their desperation.

They are also increasingly marginalized. I'm fairly certain the average non loony-rat voter does not like the non-stop piling on to Trump they see coming from the media and the talking heads.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2018, 06:49:02 pm »

Maybe he should have done a little study in civics, before he said this.....

Sorry...
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2018, 07:59:46 pm »
They said we want the House and the Senate.
We gave them all of that???

Then they say,,,"Well, I need more than that?"
What more is there.

Republicans suck balls.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 08:04:38 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2018, 11:48:39 pm »
But your ire doesn't appear to be directed toward the "other team",  but rather toward long-standing members of the GOP coalition - teammates - who you deem insufficiently loyal to your man. 

Trump's only been a Republican and a conservative for a few years now.   The conservative credentials of those you label NTs go back decades.

I don't care about loyalty to Trump...I care that they are loyal to the conservative agenda. When the GOP president, whoever that President may be, tries to deal a deathblow to Obamacare...I expect every Republican to jump on board. Not sabotage it by changing a vote at the last second. I also expect Republicans not to parrot Leftwing talking points when criticizing the President....again...any GOP President.

I DO expect rational criticism and I DO not expect Republicans to be blindly loyal...but for God's sakes, when your neverending carping and blathering is uplifting the Democratic agenda by undermining a GOP president...ANY freaking GOP President...its best that you not do so. Trump hasn't struggled legislatively because his agenda has been too liberal...he's struggled because Republican Never Trumpers continually undermine his position as he's striving to pass CONSERVATIVE solutions like the Wall, more Defense Spending, tougher Border Patrol enforcement, due process on campus, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 11:50:46 pm by Mesaclone »