Author Topic: Space station robot goes rogue: International Space Station’s artificial intelligence has turned bel  (Read 731 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'm telling you The robots are rebelling.

CIMON isn’t much to look at. It’s just a floating ball with a cartoonish face on its touch screen. It’s built to be a personal assistant for astronauts working on the International Space Station (ISS).

It’s also supposed to be something more.

CIMON stands for Crew Interactive MObile compinioN.

It’s not supposed to be just a tool. It’s also supposed to be a friend.

Yes, it’s a personality prototype.

You can tell, can’t you?

But, as numerous books and movies have clearly warned us — shortly after being switched on for the first time, CIMON has developed a mind of its own.

And it appears CIMON wants to be the boss.

This has CIMON’s ‘personality architects’ scratching their heads.

CIMON was programmed to be the physical embodiment of the likes of ‘nice’ robots such as Robby, R2D2, Wall-E, Johnny 5 … and so on.

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/space-station-robot-goes-rogue-international-space-stations-artificial-intelligence-has-turned-belligerent?intcmp=ob_article_footer_text&intcmp=obnetwork
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline RoosGirl

Just to be safe I think I won't use cruise control in the truck for a while.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Just to be safe I think I won't use cruise control in the truck for a while.

Roos, Thank the Lord you don't have a Tesla.   When the AI Robot rebellion starts they will be on the forefront of the kill a human movement.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
I don't like where this story is going, within fairness though that does seem like a neat idea. I would like to think that the scientists that use it don't fully depend on it.
I won't accept.