Author Topic: Migrants don't bring disease. In fact, they help fight it, report says  (Read 425 times)

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
People who oppose immigration often argue that migrants bring disease with them, and that they then become a burden to health systems in their new countries because they’re so sick.

But that's not true, a team of experts argued in a new report released Wednesday.

In fact, they point out that immigrants make up a significant portion of the healthcare work forces in their new homelands.

"There is no evidence to show that migrants are spreading disease," said Dr. Paul Spiegel, who directs the Center for Humanitarian Health at Johns Hopkins School of Public Health. "That is a false argument that is used to keep migrants out," Spiegel told NBC News.

[excerpted]
https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/immigration-border-crisis/migrants-don-t-bring-disease-fact-they-help-fight-it-n944146

I call  :bs:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline skeeter

Re: Migrants don't bring disease. In fact, they help fight it, report says
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 12:15:58 am »
I sincerely hope the general public isn't stupid enough to swallow this kind of counterintuitive crap - yet.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 12:24:59 am »
Words fail me.   **nononono*

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 12:28:11 am »
Words fail me.   **nononono*

I'd rather not have a non-english speaking uneducated minimum wage worker monitoring my drip IV.