Author Topic: Trump shrugs off future debt crisis: ‘I won’t be here’  (Read 8075 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Actually around 5%  = appx. $1.17 T

Wouldn't be hard to pay that back. We need to stop selling our souls to banks and taking from social security.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline DB

Wouldn't be hard to pay that back. We need to stop selling our souls to banks and taking from social security.

There is and never has been a social security fund. All of the payments for social security go into the general fund. There is no "lock box" or any other location it goes.

Online corbe

Sure it's dubious sources but anyone here remembers Trump didn't campaign on Debt/Deficit, other than a few stupid statements how he could fix it in 8 years.
   This is certainly plausible that he actually said this, IMHO. This is what happens when you elect a rewashed NY Liberal instead of a REAL Conservative.   
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This is certainly plausible that he actually said this, IMHO. This is what happens when you elect a rewashed NY Liberal instead of a REAL Conservative.   

Oh, give it a rest.  Take a look at what Reagan did to the national debt and how he whitewashed it.  If memory serves, Ronnie was a REAL conservative.

You argue nonsense. @corbe   How about some concrete ideas from you .... what would you like this administration to do.  Be specific.

Offline RoosGirl

Meh, he probably did say it and it shouldn't be a shock to anyone if he did, cinsidering that at some point along the timeline he explained that now was the perfect time to borrow *more* money becuase of the low interest rates.  However, I don't recall the Washington Examiner, or anyone else besides us peons, complaining when Ostupid was running our debt up.

Online corbe

For starters @Right_in_Virginia

1:  RESIGN
    2:  Move to Slovenia with your wife and raise your son.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Actually around 5%  = appx. $1.17 T

Foreign entities in total - 42%.
The Republic is lost.

You argue and debate like a spoiled little girl @corbe   Why not try posting something of substance, something intelligent once in a while?

Offline libertybele

Sure it's dubious sources but anyone here remembers Trump didn't campaign on Debt/Deficit, other than a few stupid statements how he could fix it in 8 years.

Agreed entirely plausible.  It's no secret that he built his wealth and empire on debt along with making some deals that he didn't keep promises on.  All too familiar.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

It's much too late in the day to be asking that of me @Right_in_Virginia

Offline Dexter

Man it would really help a lot of young people if the government took one of those trillions it tosses around at bullshit and like, eliminated student loan debt.
-Socrates

Offline libertybele

I don't see him moving to Slovenia, but I do see him stepping down in 2020. While he appears to thrive on stress and a hectic schedule, he'll be 74 years old. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline RoosGirl

Man it would really help a lot of young people if the government took one of those trillions it tosses around at bullshit and like, eliminated student loan debt.

A Bernie troll to boot.

Online corbe

Why would we do that @Dexter they ain't gonna vote GOP? I think a better use of $1T would be to subsidize sex robots, have you checked the cost lately?

Offline Dexter

Why would we do that @Dexter they ain't gonna vote GOP?

Because educated young people are the future of this nation. The world is going to start changing very rapidly with technology. I want the United States to continue leading the way.
-Socrates

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

You mean some of the dollars that the government took out of my paycheck for all of my working life after I paid for my own education?  The hell with that.

However, you can send in your money for that purpose if you like.  The IRS has a way for you to do that.  Just go to the IRS site.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 04:02:11 am by Sanguine »

Offline roamer_1

Money for nothing and your chicks for free...

:whistle: *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Dexter

Money for nothing and your chicks for free...

:whistle: *****rollingeyes*****

The nation is 21 trillion in debt and what have Americans gained for that?
-Socrates

I don't see him moving to Slovenia, but I do see him stepping down in 2020. While he appears to thrive on stress and a hectic schedule, he'll be 74 years old.

Be careful not to judge the man by your limitations.

Offline roamer_1

Howabout quit spending money?

What would you give up to reduce the debt @Dexter

Offline RoosGirl

You mean some of the dollars that the government took out of my paycheck for all of my working life after I paid for my own education?  The hell with that.

However, you can send in your money for that purpose if you like.  The IRS has a way for you to do that.  Just go to the IRS site.

Thank God the new generation is less selfish than you are.  In fact, I bet if you spent all your money now and didn't have enough to live on as you get older, that they are so selfless that they'll pay for you to continue living in the manner to which you've becone accustomed.

Offline Dexter

What would you give up to reduce the debt @Dexter

Wars for the warmongers that profit off of them.
-Socrates

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

This is exactly why I believe government should not be able to run debt, including things like pensions.  OPM.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline RoosGirl

Wars for the warmongers that profit off of them.

FFS