Author Topic: Chuck Grassley backing Trump in 2020, won't support any primary challengers  (Read 452 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By - Associated Press - Wednesday, December 5, 2018

DES MOINES, Iowa — Sen. Chuck Grassley says he will not support any Republican challenger to President Donald Trump in the primary ahead of the 2020 election.

Grassley said Wednesday he will be supporting Trump.

He says anyone is welcome to campaign in Iowa, which holds the first in the nation caucus, “but Chuck Grassley won’t be appearing with them.”

Grassley, first elected in 1980 and soon to become the Senate’s most senior Republican, credits Trump with keeping campaign promises that include signing a tax cut, getting European nations to pay more for their own defense and fighting for improved free trade through his tariff battles with China and other trade partners.

Outgoing Ohio Gov. John Kasich says he’s seriously considering challenging Trump for the 2020 GOP presidential nomination.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/dec/5/chuck-grassley-backing-donald-trump-2020-wont-supp/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

I was hoping that President Trump would go unchallenged.  Let's see ... people like Kasich and Romney will challenge him and if they should by chance get the GOP nomination they WILL lose to the DEM. I have no doubt.  No RINO has won to a DEM.  McCain and Romney both lost to Bammy.  I believe President Trump at this point in time is still the GOP's best shot a keeping the WH in 2020.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

Chuck showing his bones. Good on him. I suspect Trump will sail through reelection if the economy is good and if the media, congressional democrats and Mueller are still on his tail. But, always good to have a lot of friends pulling for you.

Trump 2020

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Aligncare, you jumped in and said it before I could, but another "good on ya" to Senator Grassley.