Author Topic: George W. Bush's Sweet Moment With Michelle Obama at His Father's Funeral  (Read 1089 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

George W. Bush's Sweet Moment With Michelle Obama at His Father's Funeral
Townhall, Dec 5, 2018, Courtney O'Brien

While walking down the aisle for his father's state funeral at the National Cathedral on Wednesday, former President George W. Bush was carrying something for former first lady Michelle Obama. Those familiar with Bush's friendship with Mrs. Obama will know why it was a mint in his hand. At the funeral for former Sen. John McCain a few months ago, Bush and Mrs. Obama were seated next to each other. At one point, Mrs. Obama asked 43 if he had a mint. It turned out he did, but the problem was it was clearly years old - it had the presidential seal on it. She teased him about it at the time and recalled the moment fondly in an interview on the "Today" show.

It became such an inside joke between the two that he had do it again at today's memorial. Check out the moment President Bush handed Mrs. Obama a mint and her amused reaction.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2018/12/05/george-w-bushs-sweet-moment-at-his-fathers-ceremony-n2537034

Offline libertybele

Re: George W. Bush's Sweet Moment With Michelle Obama at His Father's Funeral
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 02:05:25 pm »
The Bush family certainly seems to have a sense of humor mixed in with some kindness and dignity.  Truly a good example to set.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 05:41:06 pm »
The Bush family certainly seems to have a sense of humor mixed in with some kindness and dignity.  Truly a good example to set.
Yes it is, but not enough to qualify for the Presidency.

Maybe as a bishop.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 05:53:46 pm »
Yes it is, but not enough to qualify for the Presidency.

Maybe as a bishop.

Call me old fashion, but I expect those traits from the President of this country. Something that Presidents like Washington had.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 06:05:14 pm »
Wow! This roadshow looks awesome! I can't wait till this funeral roadshow hits a town near me! I hear they are adding tour dates everyday! I ordered my "I Went to the GHWB Funeral Roadshow and all I got is this Lousy T-Shit" T-shirts for everyone in my family. Great stocking stuffers!!!!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 07:29:52 pm »
Wow! This roadshow looks awesome! I can't wait till this funeral roadshow hits a town near me! I hear they are adding tour dates everyday! I ordered my "I Went to the GHWB Funeral Roadshow and all I got is this Lousy T-Shit" T-shirts for everyone in my family. Great stocking stuffers!!!!
@Frank Cannon
Shiite, if ya think this something, just wait till Jimmuh, or Bubba kicks the bucket, the democrats will make this look like a dog and pony show in comparison.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 09:07:25 pm »
@Frank Cannon
Shiite, if ya think this something, just wait till Jimmuh, or Bubba kicks the bucket, the democrats will make this look like a dog and pony show in comparison.

I know!!! This is going to be very exciting!!!!

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 12:24:42 am »
I know!!! This is going to be very exciting!!!!
Frank................I mean beyond the the part where Jimmuh and Bubba die.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 04:03:57 am »
Frank................I mean beyond the the part where Jimmuh and Bubba die.

You know how much the soft pretzel and umbrella hats vendor made hitting those funeral crowds as they were waiting to see the stiff? Tens of hundreds. I wanna get in on that action. Peddling Jimmy Carter stuffed peanuts and Clinton clean up rags will have me stylin for weeks!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 05:26:31 am »
Nothing unusual about a  homo being friendly with a tranny.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2018, 05:28:00 am »

Call me old fashion, but I expect those traits from the President of this country. Something that Presidents like Washington had.

@kevindavis

Remember  his well,do you?

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 10:28:13 pm »
You know how much the soft pretzel and umbrella hats vendor made hitting those funeral crowds as they were waiting to see the stiff? Tens of hundreds. I wanna get in on that action. Peddling Jimmy Carter stuffed peanuts and Clinton clean up rags will have me stylin for weeks!

Hey don't forget the really big seller..............Monicas, the official kneepads of the Clinton White House.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2018, 11:21:01 pm »
All past presidents plan their funerals. Don't you wonder whether Barry Hussein Soetoro will have numerous imans at his?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline berdie

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2018, 11:49:29 pm »
All past presidents plan their funerals. Don't you wonder whether Barry Hussein Soetoro will have numerous imans at his?

Since I don't like to speak ill of the dead...I think I'll pass on any coverage of Barry's.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2018, 02:01:26 am »

@mountaineer

C'mon! You don't seriously believe that Bathhouse Barry thinks he is ever going to die,do you?