Author Topic: HuffPo: George H.W. Bush Was The Last President To Really Get Tough With Israel  (Read 690 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
HuffPo:
George H.W. Bush Was The Last President To Really Get Tough With Israel

One of George H.W. Bush’s greatest accomplishments, a flurry of even-handed diplomacy that set the stage for the first direct Israeli-Palestinian peace talks, has received relatively little attention in the analysis of his legacy that followed his death on Saturday.

As part of his efforts, Bush threatened aid to Israel to nudge it in the direction of peace — making him the last American president to take such strong measures against the American ally. And, for a time at least, he got his way.

“Bush’s foreign policy legacy, especially on the issue of Israeli-Palestinian peace, cannot be overstated,” said Daniel Kurtzer, a longtime U.S. diplomat who helped shape Bush’s Middle East policy. “His willingness to be tough on all parties ... ushered in a period of intense diplomacy involving Israel and all of the Arab world.”

Read more at: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/george-h-w-bush-last-president-to-get-tough-with-israel_us_5c06ac48e4b07aec5753418a

As we saw last night, GHWB's dealings in the Middle East and Israel specifically may well be studied far into the future.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 03:04:52 am by TomSea »

Offline Absalom

Re: George H.W. Bush Was The Last President To Really Get Tough With Israel
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 03:02:06 am »
A detailed reflection in process.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

It was different back then, that's for sure.   James Baker, Bush 41's SOS, barred Netanyahu, then a foreign minster for Israel, from the State Department for saying “American policy in the Middle East is based on lies and distortions”.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/222577-james-baker-i-barred-netanyahu-from-state-dept

Offline Frank Cannon

...said Daniel Kurtzer, a longtime U.S. diplomat who helped shape Bush’s Middle East policy.

Oh yeah? How'd that Irag thing work out Danny....you corrupt vile piece of dog vomit? I hope you die of the worst cancer God has in his quiver.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 02:32:02 pm »
A detailed reflection in process.

By HuffPo?

:happyhappy:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Absalom

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 08:41:16 pm »
By HuffPo?

:happyhappy:
------------------------------
Of course not; I'm simply seeking some information.

Offline dfwgator

It was different back then, that's for sure.   James Baker, Bush 41's SOS, barred Netanyahu, then a foreign minster for Israel, from the State Department for saying “American policy in the Middle East is based on lies and distortions”.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/222577-james-baker-i-barred-netanyahu-from-state-dept

James Baker is a Saudi-loving anti-semite.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 09:17:19 pm »
------------------------------
Of course not; I'm simply seeking some information.

...just teasing ya....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: