Author Topic: U.S. Supreme Court Turns Away Challenge to Trump’s Border Wall  (Read 957 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
freebeacon
Dec 3, 2018

[excerpt]

https://freebeacon.com/national-security/u-s-supreme-court-turns-away-challenge-trumps-border-wall/

By Andrew Chung

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday rebuffed a challenge by three conservation groups to the authority of President Donald Trump’s administration to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, a victory for Trump who has made the wall a centerpiece of his hardline immigration policies.

The justices’ declined to hear the groups’ appeal of a ruling by a federal judge in California rejecting their claims that the administration had pursued border wall projects without complying with applicable environmental laws. The groups are the Center for Biological Diversity, the Animal Legal Defense Fund and Defenders of Wildlife.

Their lawsuits said construction operations would harm plants, rare wildlife habitats, threatened coastal birds like the snowy plover and California gnatcatcher, and other species such as fairy shrimp and the Quino checkerspot butterfly.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: U.S. Supreme Court Turns Away Challenge to Trump’s Border Wall
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 04:10:14 am »
Good.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 04:36:10 am »
Good.

And I pray that Trump nominates a Fire and Brimstone "This, is what the Constitution says, and Means, word for word, letter for letter. It is a Written Document which makes it NOT susceptible to those words Changing their Meaning, only earlier Courts getting it wrong", . . . . Originalist, . . . to replace Ginsberg.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 06:13:31 am »
And I pray that Trump nominates a Fire and Brimstone "This, is what the Constitution says, and Means, word for word, letter for letter. It is a Written Document which makes it NOT susceptible to those words Changing their Meaning, only earlier Courts getting it wrong", . . . . Originalist, . . . to replace Ginsberg.

Me too.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 11:49:28 am »
Uh, folks, this wasn’t about whether the wall could be built at all; this was only about whether certain environmental rules had been complied with or not.

The same result would have applied if Trump had planned to build welcome centers on the border inviting illegals in. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 02:02:34 am »
To-Whose wrote:
"And I pray that Trump nominates a Fire and Brimstone...Originalist, . . . to replace Ginsberg."

Me too.
The democrat-communists will SCREAM, as will the media.
Do it anyway, rub it in their faces and laugh into the cameras while doing so.
(I imagine you can guess I care not a whit for the "optics")

I sense that Amy Coney Barrett will be "the pick".

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 04:13:35 am »
To-Whose wrote:
"And I pray that Trump nominates a Fire and Brimstone...Originalist, . . . to replace Ginsberg."

Me too.
The democrat-communists will SCREAM, as will the media.
Do it anyway, rub it in their faces and laugh into the cameras while doing so.
(I imagine you can guess I care not a whit for the "optics")

I sense that Amy Coney Barrett will be "the pick".

"And yet I will not sleep any the less soundly for all that.'

Old Viking saying.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 02:17:03 pm »
Uh, folks, this wasn’t about whether the wall could be built at all; this was only about whether certain environmental rules had been complied with or not.

The same result would have applied if Trump had planned to build welcome centers on the border inviting illegals in.

Except these politically motivated groups would never have filed suits if they were Welcome Centers.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2018, 02:27:03 pm »
Except these politically motivated groups would never have filed suits if they were Welcome Centers.

That is a very good point.  You are sharp today, being it is so early out west.  :beer:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2018, 02:50:24 pm »
That is a very good point.  You are sharp today, being it is so early out west.  :beer:

I expect to lose all rationality as soon as I get the Pirelli tires on my golf-cart car today...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2018, 03:19:05 pm »
I expect to lose all rationality as soon as I get the Pirelli tires on my golf-cart car today...

I have been getting big pressured to buy the Mrs. one of those GEM things to tool around the hood in.  After 3 years of saying "Next year, Dear" My next years are about to expire.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2018, 03:31:31 pm »
I have been getting big pressured to buy the Mrs. one of those GEM things to tool around the hood in.  After 3 years of saying "Next year, Dear" My next years are about to expire.

Get her the GEM® eL XD.  It looks like a pickumup truck.

I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2018, 03:42:55 pm »
Get her the GEM® eL XD.  It looks like a pickumup truck.

Okay that would work for me! Golf clubs, guns, clay pigeons, Yeti cooler captain chairs etc... LOL  but It will not fly for her hauling the grandkids.