Author Topic: Mueller investigating Ivanka and Donald Trump Jr.’s role in planning Trump Tower Moscow: report  (Read 1411 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mueller investigating Ivanka and Donald Trump Jr.’s role in planning Trump Tower Moscow: report
By Emily Birnbaum - 11/29/18 08:28 PM EST

Special counsel Robert Mueller is looking into Ivanka and Donald Trump Jr.’s role in seeking to build a Trump Tower skyscraper in Moscow three years before their father's presidential campaign, sources told Yahoo News in an investigation published Thursday.

The president's elder daughter, now-White House adviser Ivanka, and his eldest son Don Jr. reportedly worked to build Trump Tower Moscow for several years, ending their efforts in 2013, sources told Yahoo News.

“They were not looking at any other deals after that,” a source told the news publication.

The news of Ivanka and Don. Jr's involvement in a possible Trump building in Russia deal comes the same day the president's former lawyer Michael Cohen pleaded guilty in court for misstatements he made to Congress while testifying about the effort to build a Trump Tower in Moscow during the 2016 presidential campaign.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/419031-mueller-looking-into-ivanka-and-donald-trump-jrs-role-in-planning
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Special counsel Robert Mueller is looking into Ivanka and Donald Trump Jr.’s role in seeking to build a Trump Tower skyscraper in Moscow three years before their father's presidential campaign, sources told Yahoo News in an investigation published Thursday.

Mueller would have a better shot at finding something illegal if he looked into whether or not Ivanka and Donald Jr. ever drank a White Russian.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
What is the alleged crime here?

Oceander

What is the alleged crime here?

Good question; this one has me really puzzled.  The wapo and others are breathlessly trying to make out that Cohens plea today somehow ties Trump to the Russians through this project, but as far as I can see, once Trumps team was warned that continuing with the project after the convention could be problematic, they dropped it.  So far from showing collusion or something else, this project and Cohens confession indicate that at most they were sloppy, but it certainly vitiates a collusion link to my mind.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Good question; this one has me really puzzled.  The wapo and others are breathlessly trying to make out that Cohens plea today somehow ties Trump to the Russians through this project, but as far as I can see, once Trumps team was warned that continuing with the project after the convention could be problematic, they dropped it.  So far from showing collusion or something else, this project and Cohens confession indicate that at most they were sloppy, but it certainly vitiates a collusion link to my mind.

:shrug:

Sloppy about what?  They ended their efforts in Moscow in 2013---well before Donald Trump was even a blip on the political radar.

The only reason to look in this direction AND publicize it is to threaten the President .... this time through harm to his kids.

Storm trooper tactics.  Again.

Offline Frank Cannon

More evidence that Stupid Bobby has nothing and is running out of time to cobble a 5000 page report of innuendo together.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Sloppy about what?  They ended their efforts in Moscow in 2013---well before Donald Trump was even a blip on the political radar.

Really?  According to Trump, everyone knew about this ‘very public’ deal in 2016.  Of course, that’s a lie, because we actually never heard anything about it publicly, until early 2017.

”He put out a statement talking about a project which was essentially, you guess, more or less of an option that we were looking at in Moscow, everybody knew about it. It was written about in newspapers. It was a well-known project. It was during the early part of ‘16 and I guess even before that,” Trump continued, minimizing the deal.

https://nypost.com/2018/11/29/trump-dismisses-cohens-guilty-plea-as-a-lie-to-get-a-lighter-sentence/
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 10:00:56 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Oceander

The only reason to look in this direction AND publicize it is to threaten the President .... this time through harm to his kids.

Storm trooper tactics.  Again.

Uh, no.  Sloppy because Trump and his team were still going on the project going into the Summer of 2016, and up until the convention.  It appears that at some point his team were advised that it wouldn’t look good at that point so they dropped it. 

In 2016.

That was sloppy.  They should have figured out the optics long before then. 

But that being said, once they did figure out the optics, they dropped it. 

And you really need to go watch some historical films stormtroopers before you bandy that word around again; ‘cause you’re not using it correctly if you think this is worthy of stormtroopers.

Mueller investigating Ivanka and Donald Trump Jr.’s role in planning Trump Tower Moscow: report
By Emily Birnbaum - 11/29/18 08:28 PM EST

The president's elder daughter, now-White House adviser Ivanka, and his eldest son Don Jr. reportedly worked to build Trump Tower Moscow for several years, ending their efforts in 2013, sources told Yahoo News.

“They were not looking at any other deals after that,” a source told the news publication.

The news of Ivanka and Don. Jr's involvement in a possible Trump building in Russia deal comes the same day the president's former lawyer Michael Cohen pleaded guilty in court for misstatements he made to Congress while testifying about the effort to build a Trump Tower in Moscow during the 2016 presidential campaign.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/419031-mueller-looking-into-ivanka-and-donald-trump-jrs-role-in-planning

@Oceander

Mueller's actions are about threatening the President through harm to his kids.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 11:35:36 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Oceander

@Oceander

Mueller's actions are about threatening the President through harm to his kids.

Bollox. If anything, he’s scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to find something old the way he did with Manafort - who was, in fact, guilty - or he’s trying to develop the entire story for this project, from its very inception back in 2013, so he can come up with some reason for why it mattered in 2016. 

Offline edpc

@Mueller's actions are about threatening the President through harm to his kids.

Someone is responsible for the Trump Tower meeting and the overtures for the Moscow project. There’s no way Jr doesn’t remember who he called on the private line, just after the TT meeting concluded. He thought it was going to be an important meeting and gave someone a synopsis immediately after. Most likely, Jr, like Cohen, gave false testimony before Congress. Worse yet, Gowdy, Nunes, and others probably know it.

If you watch any of Trump’s taped depositions related to Trump Oranization lawsuits, you’ll see how uninvolved he is in day to day actions. He’s a figurehead and rubber stamp. One of two things will be made clear: He either directed the meeting and Moscow project or he’s nowhere near the savvy businessman he’s pretended to be for decades. Either way, he’ll be subjected to the things he hates most - exposure and ridicule.

Either way, he’ll be subjected to the things he hates most - exposure and ridicule.

Exposure and ridicule for what?  Exactly?

Bollox. If anything, he’s scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to find something old the way he did with Manafort - who was, in fact, guilty - or he’s trying to develop the entire story for this project, from its very inception back in 2013, so he can come up with some reason for why it mattered in 2016.

Mueller's whole strategy is to threaten and intimidate ... witnesses, the President, his children, friends.

There is no "there there", never was. The President's offense is defeating Hillary Clinton.  But Mueller keeps creating crimes to put those around the President in jail.  He's been doing this for two years.    And you're okay with this, just waiting to see what comes next.   :shrug:

« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 01:04:39 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline edpc

Exposure and ridicule for what?  Exactly?

I explained it in the sentences prior to the one you are questioning. He’ll either be directly tied to the negotiations with Russia about the projects or he will be a lying fraud who was not involved with deal making, as previous depositions have shown.