Author Topic: Scientists ate Lego heads to see how long it’d take to poop them out  (Read 1032 times)

Offline goodwithagun

Pediatricians have to deal with all kinds of interesting situations in their daily work with children, and kids eating random objects is one of them. Children just love to stick stuff in their mouths, and while parents do their best to keep tiny toys away from eager eaters there’s always a chance that something like a Lego finds its way into the stomach of a youngster.

A half-dozen pediatricians decided to see what effect, if any, a tiny yellow Lego head would have on their own bodies by volunteering to swallow them. Their findings were reported in the Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health.

Read more here https://nypost.com/2018/11/27/scientists-ate-lego-to-see-how-long-itd-take-to-poop-them-out/
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

Seems like a shitty way to conduct an experiment.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline ConstitutionRose

My dog, who has a love of paper products and TV remotes, usually poops everything out in 24 hours.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Offline andy58-in-nh

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline RoosGirl

My dog, who has a love of paper products and TV remotes, usually poops everything out in 24 hours.

Dogs have a much shorter digestive tract than humans do.  Still, any kid that eats corn knows it takes about 24 hours to poop things out.

Offline roamer_1

Dogs have a much shorter digestive tract than humans do.  Still, any kid that eats corn knows it takes about 24 hours to poop things out.

Yeah... But it ain't REALLY corn anymore.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Must not be lefties if they were able to report their findings.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline goodwithagun

Yeah, but they can’t get a sweet gov grant to research that.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline roamer_1

One time Chewy had what I am pretty sure was dental floss coming out of both ends...
that was an... odd... day.

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Scientists ate Lego heads to see how long it’d take to poop them out
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2018, 02:08:34 am »
One time Chewy had what I am pretty sure was dental floss coming out of both ends...

Did you wear him like a necklace?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2018, 02:27:22 am »
Did you wear him like a necklace?

No, I did not... Though I did ponder how if it was tied together, it made a pretty handy handle for throwing him up into the truck... But the string kinda cut my hands, so that wasn't such a good idea.  :shrug:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2018, 04:14:20 am »
That ain't science, it's just legos passing for research....(I bet some poor grad student got stuck looking for them....)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2018, 10:08:52 pm »

That made me laugh out loud.  We had to extract ribbon from the rear of a cat once.  String and ribbon can cause death by "tangling" in the intestines according to my vet.  We keep those things well away from the cats now.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.