Author Topic: Donald Trump, you're no Ronald Reagan  (Read 4399 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Donald Trump, you're no Ronald Reagan
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2018, 01:48:29 am »
Actually what you forgot @Emjay...in your rush to agree with this FNG's sloobering affection for Trump...was that the Greenspan Commission found that Social Security was near insolvency in the early 80's tha that tx revenues...despite increases in the FICA tax by Carter weren't going to keep the trust fund afloat.

Reagan helped get legislation passed to save social security.  Clinton was the one that used the money in the trust fund to increase the general revenue stream and mythically "balance" the budget.

I'm 99.9% certain where our new little Reagan basher got his info from and the person writing the article he's basing his "history" on appears to keep tinfoil in his back pocket if you know what I mean.

I get that you're 110% enamored with Trump...but please don't let that blind you when people come in to try and falsely rewrite history.

No, @txradioguy   I was very dumb to accept Jaf's assertions as fact without checking it out.  I am very glad to find out that he was wrong or lying to perpetuate a stupid agenda he has about Reagan.

Thanks for this sentence which sounds much more like the two characters, one of whom I knew and loved and the other I despised. "Reagan helped get legislation passed to save social security.  Clinton was the one that used the money in the trust fund to increase the general revenue stream and mythically "balance" the budget."

I really appreciate your clearing this up.  I should have known better than to trust a source I really didn't know.  I was unfamiliar with the guy and had no idea he was a nasty little Reagan basher.

And, Yes,  I am supporting Trump now for a number of reasons.  One, I've liked most of the things he's done since he has been in office and, another, that he is our bulwark against a terrifying leftist democrat party that cannot be allowed to regain power.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 01:50:07 am by Emjay »
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2018, 03:54:32 am »
Actually what you forgot @Emjay...in your rush to agree with this FNG's sloobering affection for Trump...was that the Greenspan Commission found that Social Security was near insolvency in the early 80's tha that tx revenues...despite increases in the FICA tax by Carter weren't going to keep the trust fund afloat.

Reagan helped get legislation passed to save social security.  Clinton was the one that used the money in the trust fund to increase the general revenue stream and mythically "balance" the budget.

I'm 99.9% certain where our new little Reagan basher got his info from and the person writing the article he's basing his "history" on appears to keep tinfoil in his back pocket if you know what I mean.

I get that you're 110% enamored with Trump...but please don't let that blind you when people come in to try and falsely rewrite history.

All administrations raid the "money" in the "trust fund" by definition.  This is because any excess money taken in is stored in US Treasuries, aka it's loaned to the general fund to be spent by drunken lawyers. 

Clinton's "surplus" was just an accounting gimick, based partly around counting SS excesses as part of the budget.  Strange how we still had to increase the debt that year while running a "surplus".
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2018, 02:52:17 pm »
No, @txradioguy   I was very dumb to accept Jaf's assertions as fact without checking it out.  I am very glad to find out that he was wrong or lying to perpetuate a stupid agenda he has about Reagan.

Thanks for this sentence which sounds much more like the two characters, one of whom I knew and loved and the other I despised. "Reagan helped get legislation passed to save social security.  Clinton was the one that used the money in the trust fund to increase the general revenue stream and mythically "balance" the budget."

I really appreciate your clearing this up.  I should have known better than to trust a source I really didn't know.  I was unfamiliar with the guy and had no idea he was a nasty little Reagan basher.

And, Yes,  I am supporting Trump now for a number of reasons.  One, I've liked most of the things he's done since he has been in office and, another, that he is our bulwark against a terrifying leftist democrat party that cannot be allowed to regain power.

I'll give you points for your honesty.

Of course, you know that Trump has been a Democrat far longer than he's been a Republican.

Personally, whether it be @jafo2010 , @Dexter , or others who never provide a source for where there bovine scatology comes from, that's why so many of us insist on evidence to back up their spurious claims.

I was blessed with a great education, and many life experiences that augmented the lessons I learned. My BS detector is usually engaged. lol
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2018, 02:57:53 pm »

@Emjay you're very welcome.  You have to remember there are still people that believe that because Reagan's first middle and last names all contained 6 letters he is/was the devil incarnate.  Some of those same people want to equate things that were done by Democrats as being Reagan's fault too.

And I apologize for some of the snark. You didn't deserve it...this is just a bad week for me every year and some of that slipped out in my post.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 02:59:23 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Idiot

« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2018, 03:00:45 pm »

Well. he did a good job during 9/11. I won't forget that.
:thumbsup:

Offline Idiot

« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2018, 03:02:23 pm »
FTA:

Ronald Reagan's ideology was to make America great again.

He did the best he could to fulfill that promise in the world of four decades ago.  His accomplishments were helped by the tailwind of patriotism--not challenged by the headwinds of globalism fueled by politicians in every corner of the globe, including our own.  Even so Reagan made mistakes, including tripling the national debt and legitimizing blanket amnesty.

Ronald Reagan was a good President.  He was the right man for 1980 as Donald Trump is the right man for this moment.  In the fullness of time Reagan will hold his position as one of a handful of memorable, meaningful Presidents; and that handful will include Donald Trump.

Trump is no RR.  Trump is an @sshole....he just can't help it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2018, 03:14:03 pm »

He did the best he could to fulfill that promise in the world of four decades ago.  His accomplishments were helped by the tailwind of patriotism--not challenged by the headwinds of globalism fueled by politicians in every corner of the globe, including our own.  Even so Reagan made mistakes, including tripling the national debt and legitimizing blanket amnesty.

You have to cut Reagan some slack on that He grew up in the 30's and 40's before backstabbing became a popular political sport,and he made that amnesty deal with the Dims honestly believing they would keep their word,and they immediately started stabbing him in the back and bring in more welfare parasites. Nothing in Reagan's personal life history had prepared him for that sort of political betrayal.
Ronald Reagan was a good President.  He was the right man for 1980 as Donald Trump is the right man for this moment.  In the fullness of time Reagan will hold his position as one of a handful of memorable, meaningful Presidents; and that handful will include Donald Trump.

I agree with both statements. It is my opinion this rabid Trump hatred is based entirely on the closed minds of Party People who are insanely jealous that a outsider like Trump is even in office,never mind making needed changes. If it were JEB,Cruz,or one of the other Party regulars in the WH doing the same thing,they would raising the roof with cheers.

Instead it is Trump,and not only is he NOT a life-long alleged Republican,he also has a personality they don't like. They like their candidates to be  humble,bumbling losers. The whole "winning" thing is new to them,and they don't like anything new.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2018, 03:28:53 pm »
@Emjay you're very welcome.  You have to remember there are still people that believe that because Reagan's first middle and last names all contained 6 letters he is/was the devil incarnate.  Some of those same people want to equate things that were done by Democrats as being Reagan's fault too.

And I apologize for some of the snark. You didn't deserve it...this is just a bad week for me every year and some of that slipped out in my post.

No worries at all @txradioguy   I took no offense and there will be better weeks ahead or so I hope.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.