Author Topic: Donald Trump, you're no Ronald Reagan  (Read 4415 times)

Offline corbe

Re: Donald Trump, you're no Ronald Reagan
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2018, 08:37:00 pm »
   Personally, I think you Trumpers are successfully pushing more of us Nt'ers out of our frigging mind and OFF the NET, carry ON.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2018, 10:09:13 pm »
   Personally, I think you Trumpers are successfully pushing more of us Nt'ers out of our frigging mind and OFF the NET, carry ON.

My antidote to the canonization of Donald J Trump as "Greatest President of All Time", at least for the next four+ months, is courtesy of the Gonzaga Bulldogs mens basketball team.  :rolling:

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2018, 10:44:46 pm »

Not really @corbe   I think you NTers are more active than ever.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline corbe

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2018, 10:55:28 pm »
    I may post a lot of The Hill articles (they're the easiest) @Emjay but I don't hang in their comment section (too liberal).    I'm just referencing that I've noticed more NT'ers get tired and drop off the NET than the Trumpers, lately, everywhere, not just here.    I miss a couple of them already, here.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2018, 10:58:15 pm »
Donald Trump, you're no Ronald Reagan
by Philip Klein
 | November 27, 2018 04:06 PM

President Trump should be holding off on future boasts that he is " far greater" than Ronald Reagan.

His latest comments were made in an interview that appears in a new book by boosters Corey R. Lewandowski and David N. Bossie called "Trump's Enemies."

As reported by my colleague Paul Bedard, Trump said, “The amazing thing is that you have certain people who are conservative Republicans that if my name weren’t Trump, if it were John Smith, they would say I’m the greatest president in history and I blow Ronald Reagan away."

He continued, “All these guys that if they looked at my agenda with a different name ... and he got the biggest regulation cuts in history in less than two years, judges, environmental stuff, getting out of the Paris horror show. If you said that conservative president John Smith did that, they would say he’s the greatest president. Far greater than Ronald Reagan.”

Trump is essentially making the case that anti-Trump conservatives will never give him credit for his accomplishments just because they have personal animus toward him.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/donald-trump-youre-no-ronald-reagan

What Trump is saying is true,but in defense of Reagan,the world was a different place back then and he had a steeper hill to climb and less help climbing. When you consider he was fighting the whole damn congress,including those with R's behind their names,it's amazing he was able to do as much as he did.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2018, 11:01:04 pm »
When I look back at Reagan...I liked him a lot. But he had flaws like most people do.

@berdie

Not me! My mother told me I am perfect in every respect. You are not going to call my mother a liar,are you?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2018, 11:01:52 pm »
It may be debatable about whether Trump is Reaganesque or not but one thing is in no doubt.......Philip Klein is a douche.

Grandmaster Douche, His Douche Eminence, in all his glory.

Sick of pukes like this. Reagan was great but not perfect, and this is not time to for eloquent statesmen. This is the time for rough men to do battle so we may all sleep peacefully in our beds.
The Republic is lost.

Offline corbe

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2018, 11:06:50 pm »

Offline berdie

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2018, 11:08:07 pm »
@berdie

Not me! My mother told me I am perfect in every respect. You are not going to call my mother a liar,are you?

Hey...are we related? My Mom told me the same thing! And she was right! (I never ever had a spanking when I was growing up happy77) @sneakypete
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 11:12:08 pm by berdie »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2018, 12:21:04 am »
    I may post a lot of The Hill articles (they're the easiest) @Emjay but I don't hang in their comment section (too liberal).    I'm just referencing that I've noticed more NT'ers get tired and drop off the NET than the Trumpers, lately, everywhere, not just here.    I miss a couple of them already, here.

Well, I hope you will hang in with us @corbe cause I would really miss you.

Offline corbe

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2018, 12:34:05 am »

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2018, 12:35:24 am »
I resolved not to get into GWB discussions because it infuriates me how TBRers love to diss him.

. . . He was a good president and he is a good man.

He's a good man who was a bad president.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 12:37:13 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline corbe

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2018, 12:36:58 am »
   I LOVE this place too much to give up @Emjay
   Been a bit under the weather lately and my new nurse suxs (not literally).

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2018, 12:42:10 am »
He's a good man who was a bad president.

@EasyAce

He was a good mama's boy and a truly horrible excuse for a president. Mostly because his mama was the one making the decisions. She was the brains of the family.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2018, 01:53:23 am »
@EasyAce

He was a good mama's boy and a truly horrible excuse for a president. Mostly because his mama was the one making the decisions. She was the brains of the family.

I would argue with you but what would be the point?

Offline corbe

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2018, 02:06:33 am »
   It would be an exercise in futility @Emjay ... that one hates the Bushes as much as the rest of us hate the Clintons, as is his perogative. 
   It really begs the question though @sneakypete you being somewhat of a Trumper and all, who would you rather we have voted for Gore or Kerry?  Further protruding into my conciseness is what they gave us the last time we voted for President so I went Third Party instead of not voting at all, as I did in 2012. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2018, 05:14:12 am »

sneakypete[/member] you being somewhat of a Trumper and all, who would you rather we have voted for Gore or Kerry?

@corbe

I wouldn't vote for Bush,so why would I vote for either of those losers?

Although Goober and Boy Jorge do have a lot in common. The IQ of a slow snail,domineering mothers,attitudes of entitlement. I do think Boy Jorge was a bit smarter than goober,though. Which isn't saying much because my retarded cat is a little smarter than Goober. Even his mother said he was stupid.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 05:14:46 am by sneakypete »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2018, 05:12:56 pm »

If you're missing Cathy @corbe ... she usually drops out for a few weeks.  We could lure her back with a Roy Moore thread if you're game.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2018, 05:17:22 pm »
What Trump is saying is true,but in defense of Reagan,the world was a different place back then and he had a steeper hill to climb and less help climbing. When you consider he was fighting the whole damn congress,including those with R's behind their names,it's amazing he was able to do as much as he did.

And Ronnie is the first Republican candidate to win Hawaii ever !!!  (in his second term)

I loved Ronnie and I don't love Trump but I greatly admire him.  He's not a Ideologue but he's a practical guy who sees the big picture and when he posts tasteless insults they are always against people I hate even more, so I don't mind a bit.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2018, 05:27:45 pm »
I agree @libertybele and I support him in his efforts to accomplish those two things.

Reagan won the Cold War and for that he was a great president. But let's not forget that Reagan also
caused our illegal problem with his 1986 amnesty. So he also sowed the seeds that might yet destroy
this nation.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2018, 05:31:55 pm »
When I look back at Reagan...I liked him a lot. But he had flaws like most people do.

We'll see how history judges Trump and...GW Bush.

It's early yet.

History will likely find W as one of the worst presidents ever. IF Trumps gets the wall built and gets a
handle on illegal immigration he will be judged as one of our greatest presidents. If he doesn't he will
be one of our last presidents.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2018, 05:33:59 pm »
Reagan also caused our illegal problem with his 1986 amnesty. So he also sowed the seeds that might yet destroy this nation.

NOPE. That was supposed to be a one-time fix, never to be repeated. And those sonsabiches from congress were standing right behind him nodding their heads.

I wasn't alright with the amnesty - But I would have become alright with it, had them bastards done what they promised.

That is not Reagan's fault.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2018, 05:37:38 pm »

The Hill is one of the better rags out there.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2018, 05:46:21 pm »
NOPE. That was supposed to be a one-time fix, never to be repeated. And those sonsabiches from congress were standing right behind him nodding their heads.

I wasn't alright with the amnesty - But I would have become alright with it, had them bastards done what they promised.

That is not Reagan's fault.

Never, ever believe a Democrat. Reagan knew that. "Read my lips" Bush knew that too.

And let not forget Reagans' "War on Drugs" which was really a war on our civil liberties. Reagan had a lot
or warts but he did get Jimmy out of office and he did bring about the collapse of the USSR. So he
deserves the mantle "Great President".

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2018, 05:48:49 pm »
Never, ever believe a Democrat. Reagan knew that. "Read my lips" Bush knew that too.

And let not forget Reagans' "War on Drugs" which was really a war on our civil liberties. Reagan had a lot
or warts but he did get Jimmy out of office and he did bring about the collapse of the USSR. So he
deserves the mantle "Great President".

Yeah... not much on NAFTA either... But I do believe he done all that with an honest heart. what others turned it into is the problem.