Author Topic: Trump blasts Fed chair over stock market slide, GM layoffs  (Read 859 times)

Offline corbe

Trump blasts Fed chair over stock market slide, GM layoffs
« on: November 27, 2018, 11:41:21 pm »
Trump blasts Fed chair over stock market slide, GM layoffs

BY JORDAN FABIAN - 11/27/18 06:04 PM EST

President Trump on Tuesday blamed Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell for a string of negative economic developments, including the stock market's recent slide and General Motors' plan to shutter U.S. factories and lay off thousands of workers.

“I’m doing deals and I’m not being accommodated by the Fed,” Trump said in an interview with The Washington Post. “They’re making a mistake because I have a gut and my gut tells me more sometimes than anybody else’s brain can ever tell me.”

The comments mark an escalation of Trump's criticism of Powell, whom he nominated last year to lead the central bank, over rising interest rates. They also indicate the president does not believe he bears responsibility for the negative economic news this week.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/418562-trump-blasts-fed-chair-over-stock-market-slide-gm-layoffs
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Trump blasts Fed chair over stock market slide, GM layoffs
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 11:46:25 pm »