Author Topic: Trump on dire warnings in climate report: ‘I don’t believe it’  (Read 24611 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I hope ignoring the most qualified people on Earth screaming about things in their area of expertise will turn out well for us. It would really suck if it's not actually a giant conspiracy among the world's leading scientists.
How did they get to be the "most qualified"? By deciding whose papers are published and whose are discarded in the 'peer review' process. Then they quote each other's papers to support the same conclusions, derived from "adjusted" data. I must note winter lows here in ND at places I was at in the 1980s have been adjusted upwards by five degrees in some cases, from previous reported temperatures since those weather events occurred. As one who worked in -146 degree wind chills (that's right one hundred forty six degrees below zero wind chill) during those events, I resent the hell out of these scumbags masquerading as scientists and lessening the achievements of those of us who were working in those conditions in order to push their narrative.

Even more, as a scientist, I resent the absolute corruption of the entire scientific process, through discarding and 'adjusting' data to fit the conclusions, rather than looking at the evidence and seeing where that leads, and it is all the more heinous because it was done and continues to be perpetrated on the entire population of the Earth for the purpose of attaining political power and for money, be it grant money or fortunes acquired through carbon trading schemes enforced by political entities and 'justified' by the use of unsuported conclusions drawn from gimmicked data and flawed computer models.
Instead of healthy scientific debate in the journals and elsewhere, the push has been to silence opposition and sequester raw data, which is not the way of scientific inquiry, but of totalitarians trying to use science as the vehicle to justify illegitimate levels of control. Science relies on valid results being repeatable, and keeping data from other researchers, altering or editing data, not disclosing methodology, and effectively keeping dissenting voices from publication are all the tools of those who have something to hide--a sure sign of charlatanry.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
@Dexter   Of course you have a right to your opinion, but you have now succeeded in making me question every post you make.

I take the words of people that know more than me very seriously. Have you ever tried to read a legit scientific study on climate change? I think of myself as having a pretty good vocabulary, but it's hard for me to even understand a lot of what is being said.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

There are always things we think we know, but have to be thrown out or altered, later.  Climate change IS real.  It’s been a fact, since the Earth had an atmosphere.  There have been large changes and multiple extinctions, long before people existed, much less had any ideas about what fossil fuels could do.  The question isn’t if the climate will change, but if we can do anything about it.  On the latter question, I sincerely doubt they really know or agree.

I'm not sure if we can do anything. I do think it's only a matter of time until direct sunlight becomes a better source of energy than bio goo that got energy from the sun billions of years ago. When it comes to big gambles I usually play safe.
-Socrates

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

The question isn’t if the climate will change, but if we can do anything about it.  .

I agree.  And that's why I don't deny the science, but counsel that we must spend our precious resources not in some vain effort to "reverse" climate change, but rather to ameliorate its effects.   Conservation and pollution abatement bring tangible results for Americans;  CO2 reduction for its own sake does not.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I know y'all hate this argument, but when it comes to actual climate scientists an incredible majority think AGW is a real threat that we need to be aware of.

You do realize that to be an actual "climate scientist" you don't even have to know a thing about weather and climate right?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I meant papers debunking AGW.

Because they never see the light of day.  As @Smokin Joe explained to you...any scientific research that goes against the current AGW gospel is either ignored...left in the lurch under endless "peer reviews" or simply tossed in the trash.

The scientists who have disproven AGW...with a few rare exceptions find tenure denied...don't get grants renewed and sometimes are let go by the university at which they work.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I take the words of people that know more than me very seriously. Have you ever tried to read a legit scientific study on climate change? I think of myself as having a pretty good vocabulary, but it's hard for me to even understand a lot of what is being said.

Have some faith in yourself. Its only science. And they are written in English.

Here's one to start out on. Its only 14 pages long.

https://www.int-res.com/articles/cr/10//c010p069.pdf

Offline Dexter

Have some faith in yourself.

I have faith in other people too. People more educated than me, people smarter than me. We have no other choice.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

The scientists who have disproven AGW...with a few rare exceptions find tenure denied...don't get grants renewed and sometimes are let go by the university at which they work.

Can you provide examples of real climate scientists losing their jobs because they stood up to the global warming craze?
-Socrates

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I hope ignoring the most qualified people on Earth screaming about things in their area of expertise will turn out well for us. It would really suck if it's not actually a giant conspiracy among the world's leading scientists.

@Dexter

This is what you fools don't understand. These are the SAME "scientists" that were predicting that all of NYC would be under a foot of ice by the end of the 1970's unless we quit driving cars and heating our homes.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Dexter

@Dexter

This is what you fools don't understand. These are the SAME "scientists" that were predicting that all of NYC would be under a foot of ice by the end of the 1970's unless we quit driving cars and heating our homes.

I doubt they're the same scientists because that was almost 50 years ago.
-Socrates

Offline RetBobbyMI

It wasn’t long ago when these wacko scientists and some leftist politicians were screaming global warming hysteria. They couldn’t convince anyone, so they changed to climate change under Obama cries. They couldn’t convince anyone of that either, so now come the the next Ice Age chant.  Who could ever believe these wackos with that kind of track record?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Most Canadian weather stations with records going back 100 years show no statistically significant warming or cooling trend, according to a temperature data report.

Ross McKitrick, an economist at the University of Guelph and seasoned climate researcher, assembled data from hundreds of weather stations across Canada, including those with data going back to 1888.

What McKitrick found is average daytime high temperature warmed about 1 degree Celsius per century, or 0.1 degrees per decade over the last 130 years. However, McKitrick also found that many weather stations showed no statistically significant warming or cooling trend over the last century.

“There are 133 stations with data extending back to 1918, of which 72 percent exhibited no statistically significant warming or cooling trend,” McKitrick told The Daily Caller News Foundation via email.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/11/27/report-canada-weather-stations-warming/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If that's true it probably happened because they are so horrified of what they are seeing that they are desperately trying to get you to go along with efforts to slow our emissions. Do you really think it's some kind of conspiracy that pretty much every nation in the U.N sees this as an urgent matter?

@Dexter

Drink that Kool-Aide Dexter!

Desperation is never pretty.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I have faith in other people too.

Obviously newscasters that spoon feed you.

People more educated than me, people smarter than me.

That's not saying much.

We have no other choice.

Speak for yourself.

Offline Axeslinger

I doubt they're the same scientists because that was almost 50 years ago.

Here you go @Dexter

I’m gonna help you out and prove the whole damn thing is a farce in two easy questions:

Assume for a moment the whole earth is warming thing is real and we need to implement all kinds of economy destroying policies to stop it...

WHAT IS THE CORRECT TEMPERATURE/WHAT IS THE ALARMISTS TARGET TEMPERATURE?

and

WHY IS THAT THE NUMBER?

If those two questions cannot be answered, then you know it’s about some other agenda, typically money.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 02:58:34 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dexter

Here you go @Dexter

I’m gonna help you out and prove the whole damn thing is a farce in two easy questions:

Assume for a moment the whole earth is warming thing is real and we need to implement all kinds of economy destroying policies to stop it...

WHAT IS THE CORRECT TEMPERATURE/WHAT IS THE ALARMISTS TARGET TEMPERATURE?

and

WHY IS THAT THE NUMBER?

You shouldn't expect me to explain the science to you because I'm not a scientist in that field. I bet if you were talking to 20 different climate scientists about this you wouldn't even be able to formulate a coherent disagreement.
-Socrates

Offline Axeslinger

You shouldn't expect me to explain the science to you because I'm not a scientist in that field. I bet if you were talking to 20 different climate scientists about this you wouldn't even be able to formulate a coherent disagreement.
@Dexter

And yet, that’s who you think we should listen to?

Come on, man!  Fire up your on neurons!  Engage in some critical thinking. 
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
nuff said
Countdown to Resignation

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

I would be able to argue my position in layman's terms because I have read the climate scientists that have broken down things into plain english.

I would present to them the very same factually based coherent disagreement with heir "theory" that I have presented to you here.

And I'm guessing I'd get the same circular replies from them when they are presented with some "inconvenient" truths.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 03:04:55 pm by txradioguy »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Offline Dexter

I would be able to argue my position in layman's terms because I have read the climate scientists that have broken down things into plain english.

I would present to them the very same factually based coherent disagreement with heir "theory" that I have presented to you here.

And I'm guessing I'd get the same circular replies from them when they are presented with some "inconvenient" truths.

Any one of us would feel ignorant as hell in a conversation with climate scientists. That's just reality. I think you're being silly if you think scientists couldn't deal with your skeptical arguments.
-Socrates

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
@Dexter
You are arguing that we should do something because the U.N. want it? Really? The U.N. want America to be an international State under the control of some unknown international oligarchy, sort of like the E.U., and they want Israel wiped off the map. Everything the U.N. advocates is against the interests of the United States and other Western nations. Their only real mission for existence is to perpetually increase their own power.

Also, you say that you listen to people who are "smarter, and know more than you". Well, many of us on this board are obviously smarter and know more than you. Why do you only defer to one side, the side of the Globalist Left? Why do you knee-jerk reject any counter argument by people smarter than those smart people? That sounds more like an agenda than it is a considered opinion. Your mind is obviously made up already. And there is no changing your opinion, no matter what evidence you are presented.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 03:31:19 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Global Warming evangelists have a very hard job. They have to convince people of the utter horribleness of a situation that doesn't seem to exist in reality. Fifteen years ago, they predicted a catastrophe that never happened. They are like the prophets that claim that God is going to call His people home on Nov 13, 2018. When it doesn't happen, they change the date to the 14th. Then the 15th. 

Telling me the Earth is too hot when we are freezing our azz off is not very convincing. Crying Wolf isn't working. Next calamity please.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Dexter

@Dexter
You are arguing that we should do something because the U.N. want it? Really? The U.N. want America to be an international State under the control of some unknown international oligarchy, sort of like the E.U., and they want Israel wiped off the map. Everything the U.N. advocates is against the interests of the United States and other Western nations. There only real mission for existence is to perpetually increase their own power.

Also, you say that you listen to people who are "smarter, and know more than you". Well, many of us on this board are obviously smarter and know more than you. Why do you only defer to one side, the side of the Globalist Left? Why do you knee-jerk reject any counter argument by people smarter than those smart people? That sounds more like an agenda than it is a considered opinion. Your mind is obviously made up already. And there is no changing your opinion, no matter what evidence you are presented.

Y'all are pretty smart, but you're not scientists. I do appeal to authority when the subject matter is outside of my depth. I can't take you more seriously than the most qualified people on Earth.
-Socrates