Author Topic: GOP senator accuses fellow Republican of spreading ‘fake news’ about criminal justice reform bill  (Read 403 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP senator accuses fellow Republican of spreading ‘fake news’ about criminal justice reform bill
By Owen Daugherty - 11/19/18 04:20 PM EST

Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) called out fellow Republican Sen. Tom Cotton (Ark.) Monday, saying he was spreading “100% fake news” about a pending criminal justice reform bill.

Lee was referring to a tweet from Cotton on Saturday saying there had been no hearings on the First Step Act, which seeks to overhaul the criminal justice system.

Cotton also asserted that the legislation “gives early release to 'low level, nonviolent' criminals like those convicted of assaulting police, even with deadly weapons.”

“I highly respect my colleague from Arkansas but everything in his tweet and this thread is 100% fake news,” Lee said in his tweet, referring to Cotton's assertions.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/417495-gop-senator-accuses-fellow-republican-of-spreading-fake-news-about-criminal
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
GOP senator accuses fellow Republican of spreading ‘fake news’ about criminal justice reform bill
By Owen Daugherty - 11/19/18 04:20 PM EST

Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) called out fellow Republican Sen. Tom Cotton (Ark.) Monday, saying he was spreading “100% fake news” about a pending criminal justice reform bill.

Lee was referring to a tweet from Cotton on Saturday saying there had been no hearings on the First Step Act, which seeks to overhaul the criminal justice system.

Cotton also asserted that the legislation “gives early release to 'low level, nonviolent' criminals like those convicted of assaulting police, even with deadly weapons.”

“I highly respect my colleague from Arkansas but everything in his tweet and this thread is 100% fake news,” Lee said in his tweet, referring to Cotton's assertions.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/417495-gop-senator-accuses-fellow-republican-of-spreading-fake-news-about-criminal

Mike Lee is right.  This is a long due reform bill which Trump is in favor of.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online corbe

Mike Lee vs. Ivanka, a Kardashian production coming to a TV near you.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
    Mike Lee vs. Ivanka, a Kardashian production coming to a TV near you.

Bingo.  But don't forget Jared.  Just what we need more criminals on the streets.  Attacking police with deadly weapons is non-violent?

This could be the beginning of bending to liberals.  Wasn't long ago Trump was talking about executing drug dealers.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.