Author Topic: Nissan’s Carlos Ghosn Arrested, to Be Ousted as Chairman Amid Misconduct Probe  (Read 1480 times)

Online mountaineer

Nissan’s Carlos Ghosn Arrested, to Be Ousted as Chairman Amid Misconduct Probe
Ghosn arrested; allegations call into question the future of the alliance between Nissan, Renault and Mitsubishi
 By Sean McLain
Nov. 19, 2018 8:38 a.m. ET

TOKYO— Nissan Motor Co. Chairman Carlos Ghosn was arrested Monday in Tokyo, and Nissan said it intended to oust Mr. Ghosn from his post after uncovering “significant acts” of financial misconduct.

The sudden allegations are a blow to the legacy of Mr. Ghosn, 64 years old, who was credited with rescuing Nissan from near-bankruptcy starting in 1999.  ...

Nissan said Mr. Ghosn worked with another executive at Nissan to underreport his compensation in securities filings—the same allegation that Tokyo prosecutors cited in arresting Mr. Ghosn, according to Japanese media.

Public broadcaster NHK said prosecutors alleged that Mr. Ghosn understated his income in securities filings by about ¥5 billion ($44 million).

Nissan’s chief executive, Hiroto Saikawa, said Mr. Ghosn was arrested along with the executive accused of helping in the alleged impropriety, representative director Greg Kelly.   ... Full story at Wall St. Journal
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Frank Cannon

This idiot was a huge electric car pusher. Considering no one wants these cars he outlived his usefulness.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Carlos Ghosn and Greg Kelly seem to be strange Japanese names to me.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

Carlos Ghosn and Greg Kelly seem to be strange Japanese names to me.
Carlos Ghosn, KBE is a French-Brazilian businessman, who has served as the chairman and CEO of France-based Renault, chairman and CEO of Japan-based Nissan, and chairman of Mitsubishi Motors. From June 2013 to June 2016, Ghosn was chairman of Russia-based automobile manufacturer AvtoVAZ.  ... Wikipedia

I thought the Japanese would be more insular (for want of a better word) and keep management in the hands of Japanese.  :shrug:

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Carlos Ghosn, KBE is a French-Brazilian businessman, who has served as the chairman and CEO of France-based Renault, chairman and CEO of Japan-based Nissan, and chairman of Mitsubishi Motors. From June 2013 to June 2016, Ghosn was chairman of Russia-based automobile manufacturer AvtoVAZ.  ... Wikipedia

I thought the Japanese would be more insular (for want of a better word) and keep management in the hands of Japanese.  :shrug:

@mountaineer

Having lived on a Japanese island,I can tell you that they are.

The ball is out of their hands when it comes to international corporations,though. I had forgotten all about the French buying Nissan,and once you buy control,you can put Daffy Duck in charge if you want. Ford has been managed by Arabs for a while now

Globalism at work. Ford doesn't surprise me,but I admit to being surprised at the Japanese allowing Nissan to sell control to a non-Japanese source. It HAS to be burning their asses UP.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Frank Cannon

Nissan was almost dead when he joined in. They didn't have a choice.