Author Topic: Elon Musk’s Boring Co. Didn’t Ask Homeowners Before Tunneling Under Them  (Read 686 times)

rangerrebew

Elon Musk’s Boring Co. Didn’t Ask Homeowners Before Tunneling Under Them

Only those in wealthy neighborhoods had the resources to stave off Elon’s tunnel.
Dan Robitzski21 hours ago

Elon Musk hates traffic. He hates it so much that he founded the Boring Company to dig underground passageways you can travel through to avoid it.

In Hawthorne, Los Angeles, Musk’s Boring Company has been hard at work digging a tunnel 40 feet underground. And, perhaps because Hawthorne is a low-income part of Los Angeles County, The Atlantic reports that the Boring Company has been able to do so without involving or even officially informing the local community.

https://futurism.com/elon-musk-boring-company-tunnel-hawthorne
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 04:16:14 pm by rangerrebew »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Elon Musk’s Boring Co. Didn’t Ask Homeowners Before Tunneling Under Them

Only those in wealthy neighborhoods had the resources to stave off Elon’s tunnel.
Dan Robitzski21 hours ago

Elon Musk hates traffic. He hates it so much that he founded the Boring Company to dig underground passageways you can travel through to avoid it.

In Hawthorne, Los Angeles, Musk’s Boring Company has been hard at work digging a tunnel 40 feet underground. And, perhaps because Hawthorne is a low-income part of Los Angeles County, The Atlantic reports that the Boring Company has been able to do so without involving or even officially informing the local community.

https://futurism.com/elon-musk-boring-company-tunnel-hawthorne
Property owners have rights to that area beneath their property as well. Anyone who wants to can sink a shaft to the tunnel and claim their space....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Most decidedly illegal.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
It doesn't sound like they tunneled under anyone's property.

According to The Boring Company website, the Hawthorne tunnel "leaves SpaceX property (parking lot east of Crenshaw Boulevard and south of 120th Street), turns west under 120th Street, and remains under 120th Street for up to 2-miles.

Just last month, The Boring Company received approval from the Hawthorne City Council to build an entrance to the Hawthorne tunnel from the garage of a residential building nearby. At the same time, the company also received approval to dig a short addition to the existing tunnel onto another piece of property that it had purchased nearby, where The Boring Company could extract its boring machine.

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2018/10/elon-musk-tweets-a-date-for-the-opening-of-his-first-los-angeles-tunnel/

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Not that it relates but they fracked the shit under my property as I didn't own the mineral rights.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.