Author Topic: Over 600 immigrants arrested at US border in 48 hours  (Read 373 times)

rangerrebew

Over 600 immigrants arrested at US border in 48 hours
« on: November 16, 2018, 03:34:20 pm »
Read it! https://www.newkerala.com/news/read/68512/over-600-immigrants-arrested-at-us-border-in-48-hours.html

Over 600 immigrants arrested at US border in 48 hours 

Nov 15, 2018 IANS Washington, Nov 15 

More than 600 undocumented immigrants were detained along the Arizona-Mexico border in the last 48 hours, according to the US Customs and Border Protection (CBP). Most of them are groups of families or unaccompanied juveniles from Guatemala, who, totalling to 654 immigrants, voluntarily surrendered to CBP agents in different operations on Monday and Tuesday, the federal agency said on Wednesday.
Read more at: https://www.newkerala.com/news/read/68512/over-600-immigrants-arrested-at-us-border-in-48-hours.html

Offline ConstitutionRose

Re: Over 600 immigrants arrested at US border in 48 hours
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 08:29:37 pm »
Does arrested mean return to the country of origin.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 09:43:12 pm »
Does arrested mean return to the country of origin.
Under Bush and Obama it meant they got a fiesta and then free government goodies just before they were released with their promise to appear in court at a later date..................like never. I'm waiting to see how this administration handles it.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 01:07:03 am »
Rose asked:
"Does arrested mean return to the country of origin."

NO.
And that's the problem.

Once they "set foot on American soil" -- arrested or not -- the task of getting rid of them jumps by a hundred-fold.

Once they're "here", they're 90% "of the way in".

The idea should be to prevent them FROM TOUCHING AMERICAN SOIL in the first place.
That's what "a border barrier" is about.

Our laws should be changed to, essentially, anyone apprehended as "an illegal crosser" within, say, 75 miles of the border should be immediately returned to the border and PLACED ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE of the border from which they entered.

No arrest, no asylum, just "here you go, back out the same way you came in".
And then... we should do it.

I'm reminded of those "one-way turnstiles" you see at subway exits in New York.
Walk into it, and it only goes one way -- you keep going until you "come out on the other side".

That's what we should have at numerous locations along the border barrier.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 03:08:57 pm »
Rose asked:
"Does arrested mean return to the country of origin."

NO.
And that's the problem.

Once they "set foot on American soil" -- arrested or not -- the task of getting rid of them jumps by a hundred-fold.

Once they're "here", they're 90% "of the way in".

The idea should be to prevent them FROM TOUCHING AMERICAN SOIL in the first place.
That's what "a border barrier" is about.

Our laws should be changed to, essentially, anyone apprehended as "an illegal crosser" within, say, 75 miles of the border should be immediately returned to the border and PLACED ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE of the border from which they entered.

No arrest, no asylum, just "here you go, back out the same way you came in".
And then... we should do it.

I'm reminded of those "one-way turnstiles" you see at subway exits in New York.
Walk into it, and it only goes one way -- you keep going until you "come out on the other side".

That's what we should have at numerous locations along the border barrier.

Thank you for your answer.    We need to be activists in impressing on our Congress critters the need to change the law.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.