Author Topic: Conway’s husband: I’d rather move to Australia than vote for Trump  (Read 1600 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Conway’s husband: I’d rather move to Australia than vote for Trump
By Morgan Gstalter - 11/16/18 10:08 AM EST

George Conway, the husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, said that he would rather “move to Australia” than vote for President Trump again.

George Conway, who has become a vocal critic of the president on social media, appeared on the Yahoo News podcast “Skullduggery” released Friday.

While he applauded his wife’s “amazing” effort at getting Trump elected as his former campaigner manager, he said he couldn’t vote for Trump a second time.

Trump was the “lesser evil” compared to Clinton during the 2016 election, George Conway said.

“I don’t know. I don’t know,” he said. “If faced with the choice again, I’d probably move to Australia.”

He said he didn’t feel “comfortable” being a Republican anymore.

“I think the Republican Party has become something of a personality cult,” George Conway said.

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/417093-conways-husband-id-rather-move-to-australia-than-vote-for-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I assume Georgie will set up a shack next to Barbra's place. *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

What the heck is wrong with this guy? Doesn't sound like much of a marriage if he wants to undermine his wife this way.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Frank Cannon

appeared on the Yahoo News podcast “Skullduggery” released Friday.

Wow. Skullduggery podcast. What a power player. Next he is going to sell his message to a group of Girl Scouts in Rochester NY.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What the heck is wrong with this guy? Doesn't sound like much of a marriage if he wants to undermine his wife this way.

He has to know that's why the press even cares what he says.  Kelli didn't marry an idiot.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Bye! No one tstopping him. Adios.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline dfwgator

Well, leave.

Offline libertybele

They say that "opposites attract" but this is ridiculous.  How and why do they stay married?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Am I the only one suspecting there is not much domestic bliss in their marriage?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

My thoughts exactly.  His number one love should be his wife.  Yet his statements work against her.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
My thoughts exactly.  His number one love should be his wife.  Yet his statements work against her.

@Hoodat

Even if you don't love her,you should respect her enough to not slam her in public like that.

The man has no character at all.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Hoodat

Even if you don't love her,you should respect her enough to not slam her in public like that.

The man has no character at all.

Exactly.  This is beyond the relationship we came to know and love with the Carvilles.  Scum as he seemed, he never would have stabbed her like this.
I will NOT comply.

Offline dfwgator

Exactly.  This is beyond the relationship we came to know and love with the Carvilles.  Scum as he seemed, he never would have stabbed her like this.

Carville is the one liberal pundit I kind of like, in spite of his views.

Offline skeeter

I was becoming increasingly irritated by the George Conway guy so I Googled his picture. Not irritated anymore.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I was becoming increasingly irritated by the George Conway guy so I Googled his picture. Not irritated anymore.

You are one sick puppy....

(MeeToo!)
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

With the cheap suit and greasy hair he looks like the type of Ambulance Chaser who hangs around the local drunk tanks trying to snag a DUI case.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Cyber Liberty

I suspect in this case,with no corroborating evidence whatsoever,that the husband suspects his wife is either cheating on him or slipping away from his influence,and is throwing these verbal bombs in the hope she is forced to resign.

There HAS to be more to it than just mere political POV differences. The man seems desperate to get her out of the WH.

Such "clever plans" NEVER work and almost always backfire,but they are the hallmark of the truly desperate.

When you think it's over,it's over. Pack your bags and leave while you can take your self-respect with you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

I suspect in this case,with no corroborating evidence whatsoever,that the husband suspects his wife is either cheating on him or slipping away from his influence,and is throwing these verbal bombs in the hope she is forced to resign.

There HAS to be more to it than just mere political POV differences. The man seems desperate to get her out of the WH.

Such "clever plans" NEVER work and almost always backfire,but they are the hallmark of the truly desperate.

When you think it's over,it's over. Pack your bags and leave while you can take your self-respect with you.

I don't think I agree with all of that, but I do with enough to say "you got it!" 
I will NOT comply.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.

I don't get it. He can be a jackass and an embarrassment to his wife, but that's okay because he's not good-looking? I don't care if he's a hunk. He's still a turd. I'm not a huge Kellyanne fan, but I hate seeing someone publicly humiliate their spouse. What kind of person does that? He doesn't have to agree with her, but he should keep his big mouth shut in deference to the very high profile position his wife holds in our government.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
appeared on the Yahoo News podcast “Skullduggery” released Friday.

Wow. Skullduggery podcast. What a power player. Next he is going to sell his message to a group of Girl Scouts in Rochester NY.
I guess that answered my question of who cares............almost no one.

Offline skeeter

I don't get it. He can be a jackass and an embarrassment to his wife, but that's okay because he's not good-looking? I don't care if he's a hunk. He's still a turd. I'm not a huge Kellyanne fan, but I hate seeing someone publicly humiliate their spouse. What kind of person does that? He doesn't have to agree with her, but he should keep his big mouth shut in deference to the very high profile position his wife holds in our government.

I'm being sarcastic - its not ever OK and he looks like a gnome. After seeing his picture I reimagine his criticism done in a much higher pitch with a bit of vibrato.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm being sarcastic - its not ever OK and he looks like a gnome. After seeing his picture I reimagine his criticism done in a much higher pitch with a bit of vibrato.

@skeeter

What he looks like or sounds like is irrelevant unless you think she married him because she is/was too stupid to know any better. She is obviously a VERY smart cookie,and she married him because she saw something in him we don't see. IOW,this is abnormal behavior and thinking from him,and there is something going on behind the scenes between the two that we don't know about. She wants to keep it quiet,and he is so desperate to get her out of there that he wants to embarrass her in public in an effort to get her to quit or be fired.

Desperation almost always ends badly for the desperate. If  his efforts end up getting her fired or forced to resign,it's over for him. You can't stick a knife in the back of a spouse like that in public and hope to keep them. It just ain't going to happen.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 04:44:51 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Desperation almost always ends badly for the desperate. If  his efforts end up getting her fired or forced to resign,it's over for him. You can't stick a knife in the back of a spouse like that in public and hope to keep them. It just ain't going to happen.

And that is the bottom line, @sneakypete.  She's a professional, and he's trying to publicly undermine her position.  That marriage is already over, all but the shouting.  Meanwhile, the anti-Trump press is playing the undermining for all it's worth.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

What he looks like or sounds like is irrelevant unless you think she married him because she is/was too stupid to know any better. She is obviously a VERY smart cookie,and she married him because she saw something in him we don't see. IOW,this is abnormal behavior and thinking from him,and there is something going on behind the scenes between the two that we don't know about. She wants to keep it quiet,and he is so desperate to get her out of there that he wants to embarrass her in public in an effort to get her to quit or be fired.

Right. It was my attempt at humor. Of course there's something very wrong in this relationship.