Author Topic: First woman passes US Army Special Forces Assessment and Selection  (Read 248 times)

rangerrebew

First woman passes US Army Special Forces Assessment and Selection
By Fayetteville Observer| November 15th, 2018

A woman has passed Special Forces Assessment and Selection for the first time in the history of the Green Berets.

The unnamed soldier completed the selection process this week, officials said. Like other Special Forces soldiers, she is not being identified by U.S. Army Special Operations Command or the John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School, which oversees training for Special Forces, Civil Affairs and Psychological Operations soldiers.

“It is our policy to not release the names of our service members because Special Forces soldiers perform discrete missions upon graduation,” said Lt. Col. Loren Bymer, a USASOC spokesman.

https://popularmilitary.com/first-woman-passes-us-army-special-forces-assessment-selection/
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 12:38:17 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: First woman passes US Army Special Forces Assessment and Selection
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 12:42:30 pm »
There's a lot more to being in the special forces than just being a badass physically. There are plenty of muscle heads in the Army that could pass the physical part but would fail at the parts that test adaptability and common sense. These people aren't just amazing at being strong and shooting things. They are incredibly skilled in many areas. That being said, this woman is undeniably one seriously bad bitch to be able to keep up with the men in the physical assessment. I wish her good luck in becoming a green beret.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates