Author Topic: Despite Trump, Congress should seek immigration compromise  (Read 312 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Despite Trump, Congress should seek immigration compromise
« on: November 16, 2018, 01:05:05 am »
The Day 11/15/2018

Here we go again.

Another deadline approaches for Congress to pass a mandatory spending bill that would fund 25 percent of the federal government beyond Dec. 7.

True to form, President Donald Trump hints he will shut down one quarter of the federal government unless the new congressional spending package includes billions to build his U.S-Mexico border wall.

“We need the money to build the wall — the whole wall,” Trump said last week. This is a refrain Trump sang before the last spending deadline was resolved in September.

Back then Trump threatened a government shutdown in press conferences, campaign rallies and on Twitter. Congress passed, and Trump signed, a spending bill funding 75 percent of the federal budget until Oct. 1, 2019. No federal dollars were budgeted for border wall construction.

Now, Trump again has renewed his warning to shut down part of the government if he does not receive wall funding.

Trump’s latest shutdown threat over an immigration issue drips with irony. If Trump moves to shutter some government functions, the agency that will cease operations is Homeland Security. That would be the same department that oversees immigration control and border wall construction.

More: https://www.theday.com/editorials/20181115/despite-trump-congress-should-seek-immigration-compromise

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Despite Trump, Congress should seek immigration compromise
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 01:19:22 am »
NO "compromise".

"Compromise" = AMNESTY.

NO!

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: Despite Trump, Congress should seek immigration compromise
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 09:59:54 pm »
Here's a compromise for them.

Don't break into our home and we won't ##### you.

Sounds fair to me.

If I break into my neighbor's home I could be shot, legally.

And that's with both of us being Citizens.

So why would we extend special privileges to Non Citizens?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 10:02:31 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com