Author Topic: Razor wire now covers border wall where 'vanguard' of migrant caravan taunted U.S.  (Read 2050 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Razor wire now covers border wall where 'vanguard' of migrant caravan taunted U.S.
Washington Times, Nov 14, 2018, Stephen Dinan

Hours after images of migrants climbing a border wall in San Diego went viral, the Homeland Security Department deployed razor wire Wednesday to prevent a repeat.

The immigrants, who said they were the vanguard of the caravans streaming north through Mexico, ascended the fence Tuesday in a display of defiance. Video and photos showed them cheering and jeering atop the slat-style fence.

Although no arrests or confrontations were reported, Homeland Security took immediate steps to try to keep others from climbing by deploying concertina wire, which coils over itself, creating a thorough barrier.

“As we have said repeatedly, being a member of a caravan doesn’t give you any special rights to enter the country,” said Katie Waldman, Homeland Security spokeswoman.

Homeland Security released photos that show the concertina wire at the top and base of the fence on the U.S. side, as well as a second layer on the sandy beach further inside the U.S.

More:  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/14/dhs-deploys-razor-wire-kick-illegals-border-fence/

U.S. Army North ‏ Verified account
@USArmyNorth 1h1 hour ago

U.S. Marines with Special Purpose Marine Air-Ground Task Force 7, strengthen the California-Mexico border at the Otay Mesa port of entry. @Norad_Northcom is providing military support to @DHSgov and @CBP to secure the Southern border. #CBP #BorderSecurity

Offline skeeter

Nice start. Shoulda been there two weeks ago though.

Btw did the cockroaches get into the US yesterday? Or were they kept on the Mexican side? I haven’t heard.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Why the hell did they wait until "after the images went viral"?  It's almost like they're not really serious about defending the border.   9999hair out0000

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Nice start. Shoulda been there two weeks ago though.

Btw did the cockroaches get into the US yesterday? Or were they kept on the Mexican side? I haven’t heard.

Report: U.S. Begins Accepting Caravan Migrants In for Asylum Claims
https://www.breitbart.com/border/2018/11/14/report-u-s-begins-accepting-caravan-migrants-in-for-asylum-claims/
This week, at the Chaparral Port of Entry in Tijuana, Mexican immigration officials announced 90 Central American caravan migrants would be allowed to advance to ask for asylum, journalist Rebecca Plevin reported. Twenty-five asylum seekers were allowed on Monday and 60 more on Tuesday.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
The wire should be electrified.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline goodwithagun

Good start. Now what are we going to do to prevent illegal immigration when they figure out a way around the physical barriers?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Good start. Now what are we going to do to prevent illegal immigration when they figure out a way around the physical barriers?

Baby steps....

The illegals themselves are instructing the Construction Battalions where to apply the razor wire.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goodwithagun

Baby steps....

The illegals themselves are instructing the Construction Battalions where to apply the razor wire.

I taught in an urban high school for 15 years and have spent the last two in an urban middle school. There is a part of me that admires true ingenuity in the students that figure out clever ways around rules. We have a micromanager administrator that tacks on new rules every year based on the latest fad. Every year the kids outsmart him. He thinks he can get ahead of the kids, but he fails to consider ways to stop the kids from wanting to break the rules. A wall is a great start, but illegals will figure out a way through, over, under, around, etc. We need a move to prevent them from wanting to enter to begin with.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I taught in an urban high school for 15 years and have spent the last two in an urban middle school. There is a part of me that admires true ingenuity in the students that figure out clever ways around rules. We have a micromanager administrator that tacks on new rules every year based on the latest fad. Every year the kids outsmart him. He thinks he can get ahead of the kids, but he fails to consider ways to stop the kids from wanting to break the rules. A wall is a great start, but illegals will figure out a way through, over, under, around, etc. We need a move to prevent them from wanting to enter to begin with.
Actually, while physical barriers won't stop them all, they will deter some, and that is a plus. I agree that a long term solution will not only remind people that it is our border and our rules apply, but will make it less desirable to cross over. The Dems will, most likely, do all in their power to sufficiently wreck our economy enough to make it less attractive, then they'll build the wall to keep productive non-protected types in.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 05:01:40 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Joe wrote:
"Actually, while physical barriers won't stop them all, they will deter some, and that is a plus."

I'll reckon that a wall that's 40 feet high and constructed of solid concrete (with underground fortification, as well) is gonna "deter" about 95% to remain on the other side, at least.

Kinda like this:
(funny, I post this pic often and next-to-NOBODY ever comments on it)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Joe wrote:
"Actually, while physical barriers won't stop them all, they will deter some, and that is a plus."

I'll reckon that a wall that's 40 feet high and constructed of solid concrete (with underground fortification, as well) is gonna "deter" about 95% to remain on the other side, at least.

Kinda like this:

Looks good to me. Now the illegals are fighting with native Mexicans in the street in Tijuana.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Joe wrote:

Kinda like this:

The Dems will build a wall like that--to keep us in!

Reducing the current flood to a relative trickle is a good start.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

How many walls will secure the Zionist regime in Palestine?

https://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com/2012/04/23/how-many-walls-will-secure-the-zionist-regime-in-palestine/

Are you being sarcastic? Zionist regime in Palestine?  Where is this Palestine you're talking about? There is no such country.
There is the country of Israel which is trying keep its citizens safe from murderous barbarians.
Is that the land you're talking about?

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
That's just the first source of the picture I found that Fishrrman posted.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The picture I posted is a segment of the Israeli "border barrier". Not sure if it's on the border with the Gaza Strip, or somewhere else, but it IS the Israeli border.

THIS is what will "keep them out".
Almost nothing less will do the job.
The truth is as stark as the wall you see in the picture itself.

There are reports that the invading migrants are already cutting the razor wire that the soldiers put up. How long did that take?

Prediction:
The hordes are going to keep coming, even if the border fences are strengthened.
In the not-too-distant future, I predict that the USA/Mexico border will come to resemble the Israeli/Gaza border -- a barrier with millions on one side, looking to "get in"...

Donald J. Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

The Fake News is showing old footage of people climbing over our Ocean Area Fence. This is what it really looks like - no climbers anymore under our Administration!

11:10 AM - 19 Nov 2018

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1064596708875747328?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Troops at U.S.-Mexican border to start coming home

The 5,800 troops who were rushed to the southwest border amid President Donald Trump’s pre-election warnings about a refugee caravan will start coming home as early as this week — just as some of those migrants are beginning to arrive.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/19/troops-us-mexico-border-come-home-1005510
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline goodwithagun

That. Is. Awesome. One would look like spaghetti before hitting the ground.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goatprairie

The picture I posted is a segment of the Israeli "border barrier". Not sure if it's on the border with the Gaza Strip, or somewhere else, but it IS the Israeli border.

THIS is what will "keep them out".
Almost nothing less will do the job.
The truth is as stark as the wall you see in the picture itself.

There are reports that the invading migrants are already cutting the razor wire that the soldiers put up. How long did that take?

Prediction:
The hordes are going to keep coming, even if the border fences are strengthened.
In the not-too-distant future, I predict that the USA/Mexico border will come to resemble the Israeli/Gaza border -- a barrier with millions on one side, looking to "get in"...
Nothing is perfect,  but doing something is better than doing nothing.  This a good start. Maybe ditches filled with sharks and piranhas could be added later.

Offline dfwgator

Nothing is perfect,  but doing something is better than doing nothing.  This a good start. Maybe ditches filled with sharks and piranhas could be added later.

Would you settle for ill-tempered sea bass?

Offline goatprairie

Would you settle for ill-tempered sea bass?
How about ill-tempered barracudas?