Author Topic: California dad charged with insurance fraud after he drove off cliff, killing autistic sons: feds  (Read 471 times)

rangerrebew

California dad charged with insurance fraud after he drove off cliff, killing autistic sons: feds

By Nicole Darrah

Published November 13, 2018
Fox News

A father in California has been accused of driving his family, including his two autistic sons, off a cliff after he purchased $6 million insurance policies in case of accidental deaths.

Ali Elmezayen, 44, of Hawthorne, was charged with defrauding insurance companies following the April 9, 2015, episode, the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Central District of California announced Tuesday.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-dad-charged-with-insurance-fraud-after-he-drove-off-cliff-killing-autistic-sons-feds

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Murder 1 wasn't on the sheet?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

Who cares of these kids liked art? Them being killed should be enough to outrage people.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I guess things like that are acceptable in Egypt.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

Who cares of these kids liked art? Them being killed should be enough to outrage people.
Seems the insurance fraud is more of an issue than Murder 1. Is that the 'economic conservatism' the resident 'moderates' talk about?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Title and link says "off cliff"

Article with photo of crime scene says, "off wharf".   

How does this sloppy reporting keep happening?

« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 09:02:53 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

Get insurance. Strap autistic kids in car seats. Wife can't swim. Drive off pier into water, swim free. Trying for the trifecta? but wife was rescued.

It reeks of Murder in the First degree.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

Seems the insurance fraud is more of an issue than Murder 1. Is that the 'economic conservatism' the resident 'moderates' talk about?

Murder only effects the victims. Insurance fraud effects everyone.....

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Title and link says "off cliff"

Article with photo of crime scene says, "off wharf".   

How does this sloppy reporting keep happening?

Because journalism's main goal is to shape thought, and only secondarily to actually report on stuff.  When they try to report real facts, they have a hard time of it.