Author Topic: Thanks, NeverTrumpers. Are You Happy Now?  (Read 9190 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Thanks, NeverTrumpers. Are You Happy Now?
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2018, 11:28:21 pm »
The Orange Brigade doesn't realize they are one bad day on Wall Street (major correction) from having that rug pulled from beneath them.

That's right...

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2018, 11:30:01 pm »
My attitude at the time of the post was the result of weeks of losing interest in social media in general.  A case of overload.

Also, the results of the mid-terms and the subsequent recount nonsense.

A sickening realization that maybe my own nieces nephews and grandchildren are being indoctrinated right now.   Like living the movie Invasion of the Body Snatchers or Invasion with that Aussie redhead.

Concentrated more on my personal health and needs.

I picked this out because it was at the top of American Thinker, which I post here frequently.

That's why I specified that I wasn't singling out House NTs exclusively.  Yes, I was attaching them to the POVs of those mentioned in the essay. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2018, 11:30:03 pm »
I am genuinely indifferent to your needs.

Same here.
Done deal.

Online corbe

« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2018, 11:30:22 pm »
               Back on Topic by answering the OP's question

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2018, 11:30:54 pm »
That's what I got, too. But it doesn't matter, he doesn't read what we write, anyway. I suspect we could call people "poopy-heads" and they would not even see it, as the people they disagree with are either on "ignore" or skipped over.

Yeah, the only reason I called it out was to point out the lie we were being asked to swallow, not counting the insults.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2018, 11:34:15 pm »
Stop censoring the Patriot and stop deleting my posts about censoring the Patriot.

All an effing game here.   They intend to ignore the 800 lb gorilla in the living room.

Fact is we have members here that have directly contributed to the political situation we're facing today and for the next two years.

All in a never-ending quest and crusade to get that final "I told you so".

Sickening.

@MOD8 @mystery-ak
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2018, 11:35:41 pm »
MYOB.  @RoosGirl

@roamer_1 and I have a clear understanding and respect for each other that will surely survive this thread.

Yep. We need on of those flip-the-bird emojis... That would help a lot in our conversations.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2018, 11:35:50 pm »
Same here.
Done deal.

There's a special place in my cold dead heart for you, @roamer_1  for reasons previously cited.

:beer:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2018, 11:36:38 pm »
November 15, 2018
Thanks, NeverTrumpers. Are You Happy Now?
By Brian C. Joondeph

NeverTrump Republicans have been rabidly obsessed since 2015 to prevent Donald Trump’s nomination, election, and having failed, to join the left in nonstop criticism and condemnation of President Trump. They may be succeeding, but to what end? As they look around at the current political landscape, are they truly happy with the direction of the country? Or is that irrelevant, as long as they can strut around on their high horse, feeling smug, telling each other “I told you so”?

The NeverTrump movement began shortly after Trump announced his candidacy for the presidency. So-called “principled Republicans” were incensed that a loud-mouth from Queens, a TV reality star, a host of beauty pageants, someone never before elected to public office, should challenge the Republican establishment orthodoxy.

His tweets and straight talk were unacceptable. Calling out the media and his political opponents ran against the grain of how they thought Republicans should handle themselves in a presidential campaign. Trump did not follow the proper and acceptable savoir faire of John McCain or Mitt Romney, two prominent NeverTrumpers. The fact that both lost their elections to an easily defeatable far-left candidate who damaged the country badly during his eight-year reign of “fundamentally transforming America” seems to be lost on Trump’s GOP critics.

The NeverTrump names are familiar. Aside from the two noted above, there are others, all one-time Republicans, although their conservative beliefs have been tossed out the window over political expediency or ego. George Will, Max Boot, Steve Schmidt, Bret Stephens, Jennifer Rubin, and anyone with the last name of Bush. There are many in Congress too – Paul Ryan, Jeff Flake, Ben Sasse, Bob Corker, and others.

continued at:     http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/11/thanks_nevertrumpers_are_you_happy_now.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NEVER TRUMPERS are full of themselves with "righteousness", self importance.  Just as bad as any DEMON-RAT.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2018, 11:36:49 pm »
Yep. We need on of those flip-the-bird emojis... That would help a lot in our conversations.

And there's actually no excuse for us not having one on the menu, either.    :laugh:    888high58888

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2018, 11:38:01 pm »

NEVER TRUMPERS are full of themselves with "righteousness", self importance.  Just as bad as any DEMON-RAT.

@LegalAmerican   We don't want to get on the merry-go-around again.   :smokin:

Online corbe

« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2018, 11:38:19 pm »
   Now that you've weighed in @LegalAmerican the circle is complete and I feel whole again.
 *****rollingeyes*****
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2018, 11:38:55 pm »
All an effing game here.   They intend to ignore the 800 lb gorilla in the living room.

Fact is we have members here that have directly contributed to the political situation we're facing today and for the next two years.

All in a never-ending quest and crusade to get that final "I told you so".

Sickening
@MOD8 @mystery-ak

I totally agree with you.  Never Trumpers, are not that smart.  FOOLS.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2018, 11:39:40 pm »
Yeah, the only reason I called it out was to point out the lie we were being asked to swallow, not counting the insults.

And there's irony there, too!

Only time I come out of lurk mode is for the same reasons.   :laugh:

Online corbe

« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2018, 11:41:59 pm »

Must be nice always having a scapegoat available.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2018, 11:43:52 pm »

Nope... Just indifference. I have no dog in this hunt. Have at it.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2018, 11:45:02 pm »

Using lies to point out lies?  That's what you're doing here tonight?

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2018, 11:50:50 pm »

It always makes me chuckle when posters accuse others of being stupid, and their post is a grammar, spelling, and/or formatting nightmare. Thank you for that. I needed a laugh.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 11:53:39 pm by goodwithagun »
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2018, 11:52:19 pm »
NeverTrump Republicans have been rabidly obsessed since 2015 to prevent Donald Trump’s nomination, election, and having failed, to join the left in nonstop criticism and condemnation of President Trump. They may be succeeding, but to what end? As they look around at the current political landscape, are they truly happy with the direction of the country? Or is that irrelevant, as long as they can strut around on their high horse, feeling smug, telling each other “I told you so”?

@DCPatriot  This is such horsesh!t.  The reason we lost these elections (and are continuing to let recounts go unchallenged) is because grass roots Conservatives who in the past have fought these battles for the GOP were effectively eradicated through the 2016 Convention process.  And in every single solitary battle that was fought between the GOP Establishment and the Conservative Grass Roots, Candidate Donald Trump sided with the GOP Establishment.

So fast forward to 2018.  At a time when we need people on the ground fighting for local House seats, the ones who do that heavy lifting - the same ones responsible for taking back control of the House in 2010 - were sent packing two years ago as Trump delegates voted to place all power in the hands of Reince Priebus and his buddies at GOPE-Central.  Yet you want to blame the #NT boogeyman for this?  Stop with the lies already.  This has nothing to do with Never-Trumpers.  It has everything to do with the inability of local candidates to find political support at home as a National Party stands idly by - holding absolute power at the national level while completely powerless to help at the local level.

Heck, even my own district fell to a Democrat because the Republican who swore allegiance to the National Party had zero support at home from Conservatives who were rendered powerless two years ago.

Maybe, just maybe if you were willing to get on board to drain the swamp instead of getting on board with the politician who has consolidated more power to the swamp than any other politician in history, then maybe we can get back to standing for something as a Party (i.e. cutting spending, reducing the deficit, not giving out free shit, flat taxes, free commerce, defunding taxpayer-funded abortion, etc.)  Do that, and people will have something to get passionate about.  Do that, and people will have a reason to vote GOP.  Because right now, I can't come up with a single one.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2018, 11:52:43 pm »

What is “righteousness”? Is it anything like regular righteousness, or does it lean closer to righteousness?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2018, 11:53:52 pm »

So speaketh the paragon of wisdom.... :rolling:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 11:54:43 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2018, 11:54:40 pm »
Using lies to point out lies?  That's what you're doing here tonight?

I'll play.

Where's the lie?

Do you even know WTF you're talking about?

The premise of the article is a tape measure upper deck shot.   Even @EasyAce would acknowledge.    wink777

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2018, 11:55:26 pm »
               Back on Topic by answering the OP's question

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2018, 11:55:33 pm »
So speaketh the paragon of wisdom.... :rolling:

And Demon-rat? That’s tos circa 2008. None of the cool kids use that term now  :rolling:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2018, 11:57:59 pm »

Well that and to post articles that you know are gonna start a flame war...you know, because you’re just so above it all. 

It was a d-bag move and you know it.   Instead of pinging @mystery-ak to whine about how the big ol meanies are being mean, you should be apologizing to her.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson