Author Topic: Thanks, NeverTrumpers. Are You Happy Now?  (Read 9186 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Thanks, NeverTrumpers. Are You Happy Now?
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2018, 09:50:54 pm »
----------------------------------
Indeed.

Additionally the R Fan Club simply refuses to accept that the GOP is not and never was a Party of Conservative Principle.

Not for a day, as two matters resonate loud and clear:

* The GOP was politically ascendant from Lincoln till Hoover in 1932, some 75 years; controlling the WH, Congress and most critically, appointments to SCOTUS. It was there that strong centralized government was enshrined as our reigning political structure and States Rights abandoned.

* The GOP began around 1850 as the errand boy for the Northern Mercantile Class, later the Industrial Class and now our Corporate Class.
All through their ascendancy they were militant protectionists.  At the Turn of the century, Moron McKinley insisted that Free Trade was
an insidious disease that must be eradicated as it would destroy our "infant  industries" like U.S Steel and Standard Oil, I suppose.

During their ascendancy the GOP enacted more than 100 Duties,Excises and Tariffs on imports particularly from Britain and Germany!
There are other issues but these two suffice to correctly label the GOP for what it has always been; a gaggle of progressive frauds and hustlers.

So, @Absalom, you've made it clear you have no love for the Republican Party (as do a number of us here).  What do you consider yourself?  And, how do you determine who to support and vote for?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2018, 09:59:17 pm »

snip...

The rest of the article is just another whine-fest and posted here to try to poke members who look at things with a more critical eye.  As usual from OP.

@mystery-ak

<NOPE> @RoosGirl   My eyes are just fine.

As Casey Stengel said: "You can look that up!"

Don't do that.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 11:00:25 pm by MOD8 »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Silver Pines

« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2018, 10:20:22 pm »
You left out a few totalitarians along the way, but carry on! :seeya:

@Smokin Joe

Point taken, lol

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2018, 10:22:26 pm »
@mystery-ak
<NOPE> @RoosGirl   My eyes are just fine.

As Casey Stengel said: "You can look that up!"

Don't do that.

Don't you want to damn me to hell also, like you did to another member who disagreed with you?  Nah, that's not at all trying to poke other members who are more critical of POTUS than you are.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 11:00:47 pm by MOD8 »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2018, 10:24:47 pm »
Don't you want to damn me to hell also, like you did to another member who disagreed with you?  Nah, that's not at all trying to poke other members who are more critical of POTUS than you are.

MYOB.  @RoosGirl

@roamer_1 and I have a clear understanding and respect for each other that will surely survive this thread.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2018, 10:26:23 pm »
MYOB.  @RoosGirl

@roamer_1 and I have a clear understanding and respect for each other that will surely survive this thread.

Hey, guess what?  I'm allowed to read and comment about other comments on an open forum.  Don't like it?  Don't comment.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2018, 10:33:04 pm »
Hey, guess what?  I'm allowed to read and comment about other comments on an open forum.  Don't like it?  Don't comment.

LOL!  You're the one looking to stir some shit.

I didn't even use CAPS, for chrissakes.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2018, 10:34:48 pm »
Once again I wanted to say Great Job for keeping the thread above board and shying away from insults. I'm proud over each and every one of you.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2018, 10:40:31 pm »
LOL!  You're the one looking to stir some shit.

I didn't even use CAPS, for chrissakes.

Stating my opinion and observation isn't an attempt to stir shit.  You would know if I was trying.  You love straight talk from POTUS, I can't help it if straight talk from me gets you so bent out of shape.  But that's your problem, not mine.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2018, 10:42:03 pm »
Once again I wanted to say Great Job for keeping the thread above board and shying away from insults. I'm proud over each and every one of you.

@Frank Cannon Are you like the purple Teletubby now?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2018, 10:45:49 pm »

As TBR's Forum Ambassador I am required to spread happiness and joy throughout the threads. If you don't like it you can get bent you stupid nit wit.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2018, 10:46:43 pm »
November 15, 2018
Thanks, NeverTrumpers. Are You Happy Now?
By Brian C. Joondeph
John McCain or Mitt Romney, two prominent NeverTrumpers.

The NeverTrump names are familiar. Aside from the two noted above

Another article that DC tries to broad brush paint over the folks here at TBR that are also NeverTrumpers (myself included). The people mentioned in the story were never truly conservative and have no bearing on most of us here at the Brief. Two ends of the spectrum, the article NeverTrumpers are somewhat liberal but just slightly more liberal than Trump, those TBR folks here are mostly far to the right of both Trump and the RINOs depicted. It is unfortunate that we share the same nickname "NTs".... but that seems to be the light most articles now days tend to harp upon.

What is more troubling to me is that those of us that are true conservatives usually with some moral backbone thrown in, are so irrelevant that we don't even get articles written about us. The only ones worth blaming in print now days seems to be leftist Nevertrumpers. Perhaps because there is so very few real conservatives left in Congress with any fire in their bellies.

For me personally, it is laughable to compare me (and a few here at TBR) to McCain, Bush, or Romney. Two of which I didn't even vote for because I was Never Romney and Never McCain also. Had I had the maturity at the time I would of been Never Bush also. Want my vote, prove you are a core conservative and at least don't spit at Christian values of protecting life and Christian values (freedom to not bake a dang cake with sodomy scribbling across the top of it).
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2018, 10:47:05 pm »

That’s the gay one, right?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2018, 10:47:14 pm »
As TBR's Forum Ambassador I am required to spread happiness and joy throughout the threads. If you don't like it you can get bent you stupid nit wit.

LOL  You're doing a bang up job.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2018, 10:56:20 pm »
LOL  You're doing a bang up job.

See. I'm making a difference already.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2018, 10:56:58 pm »
Another article that DC tries to broad brush paint over the folks here at TBR that are also NeverTrumpers (myself included). The people mentioned in the story were never truly conservative and have no bearing on most of us here at the Brief. Two ends of the spectrum, the article NeverTrumpers are somewhat liberal but just slightly more liberal than Trump, those TBR folks here are mostly far to the right of both Trump and the RINOs depicted. It is unfortunate that we share the same nickname "NTs".... but that seems to be the light most articles now days tend to harp upon.

What is more troubling to me is that those of us that are true conservatives usually with some moral backbone thrown in, are so irrelevant that we don't even get articles written about us. The only ones worth blaming in print now days seems to be leftist Nevertrumpers. Perhaps because there is so very few real conservatives left in Congress with any fire in their bellies.

For me personally, it is laughable to compare me (and a few here at TBR) to McCain, Bush, or Romney. Two of which I didn't even vote for because I was Never Romney and Never McCain also. Had I had the maturity at the time I would of been Never Bush also. Want my vote, prove you are a core conservative and at least don't spit at Christian values of protecting life and Christian values (freedom to not bake a dang cake with sodomy scribbling across the top of it).

Another <NOPE> spreading <NOPE>.

I made it tacitly clear that I wasn't even thinking about Briefer NTs in an early post.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 11:03:53 pm by MOD8 »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2018, 11:05:10 pm »

I made it tacitly clear that I wasn't even thinking about Briefer NTs in an early post.

Not really.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2018, 11:06:56 pm »
Awwww.  Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today, @Right_in_Virginia?

Nope.  Woke up to a winter wonderland @Sanguine .... it made driving a bit of a bitch, but I was the navigator so I could enjoy the view.

Great day at the office, two deals closed ... Wahoo!!!!  About to leave for dinner and then tomorrow we're leaving on a jet plane for a fun weekend.  All and all, life is GOOD!

But thanks for your concern.   :laugh:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2018, 11:14:04 pm »
Not really.

Well, I'm a creature of habit and will just return back to lurk mode.

This essay perfectly portrays my POV toward NTs in general. 

Not exclusive to Briefer NTs.  Honest truth, I haven't read any of their posts for months.   

Unlike streaming a good Netflix series, you don't miss a thing here.

@RoosGirl

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2018, 11:14:50 pm »

This was your tactfully clear disclaimer...

This essay perfectly portrays my POV toward NTs in general.

Not exclusive to Briefer NTs.  Honest truth, I haven't read any of their posts for months.   

Unlike streaming a good Netflix series, you don't miss a thing here.

Now let me determine what "not exclusive" means...

Not - A logical operator that returns a false value if the operand is true and a true value if the operand is false.

Exclusive -  Excluding or tending to exclude

Seems to me you made dang sure to include us... then pointed out how much disdain you had for us.

Your disclaimer wasn't a disclaimer IMHO.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2018, 11:16:59 pm »

@RoosGirl

Yeah,  I read that.  It says that's what he thinks about all NTs, not just exclusive to the NTs on the forum, and that he ignores their comments.  It doesn't say anything about excluding the NTs here.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2018, 11:17:44 pm »

Not - A logical operator that returns a false value if the operand is true and a true value if the operand is false.

Seems to me you made dang sure to include us... then pointed out how much disdain you had for us.

I read it the same way; the way it was written.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2018, 11:21:37 pm »

Yeah, I guess I include the House NTs then.  But, the NT movement as a whole, was who I had in mind when I wrote it.

As I indicated, I haven't read...not have any interest in anything the homies have to say at this point.

We all know where each of us stand here. 

Don't we @MOD8 ?   /s

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2018, 11:22:25 pm »
I read it the same way; the way it was written.
That's what I got, too. But it doesn't matter, he doesn't read what we write, anyway. I suspect we could call people "poopy-heads" and they would not even see it, as the people they disagree with are either on "ignore" or skipped over.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2018, 11:27:26 pm »

Stop censoring the Patriot and stop deleting my posts about censoring the Patriot.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.