Author Topic: Fox News caves  (Read 616 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fox News caves
« on: November 15, 2018, 03:12:05 pm »
Wednesday, November 14, 2018
Fox News caves
Fox News today sided with CNN in its obnoxious lawsuit against President Trump. CNN seeks to force the president to debate Jim Acosta at press conferences.

Fox News now is just another corporate cheerleader for globalism.

I predicted this when Roger Ailes retired under pressure.

Fox News president Jay Wallace issued a communique: "FOX News supports CNN in its legal effort to regain its White House reporter’s press credential.

"We intend to file an amicus brief with the U.S. District Court. Secret Service passes for working White House journalists should never be weaponized. While we don’t condone the growing antagonistic tone by both the President and the press at recent media avails, we do support a free press, access and open exchanges for the American people."

more
https://donsurber.blogspot.com/2018/11/fox-news-caves.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Fox News caves
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 03:29:50 pm »
Couldn't this situation be resolved simply by President Trump declining to acknowledge questions by Acosta?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 03:31:27 pm »
Couldn't this situation be resolved simply by President Trump declining to acknowledge questions by Acosta?   

He would just shout his way over all the other reporters.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 03:47:20 pm »

Then, simply, the headlines would be about Trump ducking the tough questions.

You can’t win with a dishonest media @Jazzhead

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 03:54:29 pm »

And, CNN can send other reporters.  This is just about Acosta, not blocking any news organization.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 04:05:14 pm »
Mark Levin spoke on this yesterday, noting that CNN has MANY other reporters with WH credentials.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 04:10:59 pm »
And, CNN can send other reporters.  This is just about Acosta, not blocking any news organization.

Correct.  Trump has never declined to answer questions from CNN, just some obnoxious cretin who respects the authority of neither the President nor his personnel to control a press conference and ensure that all news organizations get a shot at asking questions.

I understand Fox News' concern that Secret Service passes, which are about ensuring venue security,  not be weaponized for the purpose of settling scores.  Yes, Acosta struck the White House intern,  so I understand the security "hook".   Still,  I see Fox News' point about passes approved for security reasons being yanked arbitrarily.   But the President has the absolute right, it seems to me, to refuse to acknowledge this disruptive asswipe's questions.       
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 04:13:25 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 04:31:00 pm »
Correct.  Trump has never declined to answer questions from CNN, just some obnoxious cretin who respects the authority of neither the President nor his personnel to control a press conference and ensure that all news organizations get a shot at asking questions.

I understand Fox News' concern that Secret Service passes, which are about ensuring venue security,  not be weaponized for the purpose of settling scores.  Yes, Acosta struck the White House intern,  so I understand the security "hook".   Still,  I see Fox News' point about passes approved for security reasons being yanked arbitrarily.   But the President has the absolute right, it seems to me, to refuse to acknowledge this disruptive asswipe's questions.     

I think Fox is dead wrong on this one.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2018, 04:32:33 pm »

No, The President would call on someone else, who would just hand the microphone to Acosta anyway, as an act of some sort of solidarity.