Author Topic: Conservative-Leaning States Drop From 44 to 39  (Read 1648 times)

Offline dfwgator

Re: Conservative-Leaning States Drop From 44 to 39
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2018, 01:16:56 am »

That's a perpetual problem. Lefties have the Santa Claus Factor while others have to somehow sell freedom. The lefties promise goodies from magic money while others have to explain how freedom begets more goodies with real money.

And conservatives have a natural disdain for Government, so they don't even want to get involved.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2018, 01:23:26 am »
Conservatives?  You're blaming conservatives for this?

It's a combination of a leftist mainstream media and academia together with a fractured girly man GOP that had no interest in ruling as a majority.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2018, 01:28:20 am »
It's a combination of a leftist mainstream media and academia together with a fractured girly man GOP that had no interest in ruling as a majority.

And conservatives "leaders" with a pen and a microphone who refuse to "taint" conservatism with reality and join a political fight by refusing to participating in a political strategy that moves the needle in the right direction.

They're self-ostracizing --- and wondering how the hell support for conservatism could be dropping.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2018, 01:29:05 am »

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline endicom

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2018, 01:31:01 am »

And right on cue...

Scalise on Needing to Do 'a Lot Better' at Articulating Conservatism: 'We're Going to Get There'

PJ Media
Bridget Johnson
Nov. 14, 2018

WASHINGTON -- House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) said he expects "it's going to be very difficult" to "build on the growth we're seeing in our economy" with a new Democratic majority in the 116th Congress.

"America lost its competitive edge and everybody acknowledged that. It wasn't a partisan issue. And so when we made our country competitive again, we're seeing the benefits of it by millions of new jobs being created for families who want to get in the work force," he told Fox Business on Tuesday.

More... https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/scalise-on-needing-to-do-a-lot-better-at-articulating-conservatism-were-going-to-get-there/

Offline libertybele

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2018, 01:31:43 am »
And conservatives have a natural disdain for Government, so they don't even want to get involved.

I disagree.  "We the People" are the government .... the government should be working for us and us NOT working for them!!

"I believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey it laws; to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies." -William Page
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 01:32:26 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2018, 01:35:37 am »
I disagree.  "We the People" are the government .... the government should be working for us and us NOT working for them!!

But good conservative politicians don't just fall from the sky, they have to want the job, and apparently not nearly enough of them do.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2018, 01:45:55 am »

Of course she is.  God forbid the blame get put where it belongs.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2018, 01:47:54 am »

:shrug:

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2018, 01:49:27 am »
Pointing fingers is a waste of energy. That energy should be spent figuring out how to win more elections.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2018, 01:52:21 am »
Duly noted.
Apparently it's all our fault for being too conservative.
That's why there are fewer conservatives and why the FSA* is growing. The new mantra is "It's okay when our guy does it", and principle is cast to the wind.

...and it doesn't have anything to do with yet another generation of Marxist indoctrinated, whiny people who don't have a clue how good they have it, who blame everyone else for their self-imposed problems, and who look to the nanny state to coddle them from cradle to grave at others' expense.

*Free Sh*t Army
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2018, 01:53:13 am »
But good conservative politicians don't just fall from the sky, they have to want the job, and apparently not nearly enough of them do.

Very true.  Unfortunately, we FAILED to hold our senators and representatives responsible and accountable a long, long time ago and consequently we are paying the price...BIGLY ....

We have a corrupt DOJ
Corrupt FBI
Corrupt Election
Corrupt Politicians
Corrupt Judges

...and many in society who remain absolutely clueless ...

IMHO (though it's probably a little too late) the GOP should have demanded that our educational system return to teaching U.S. Government, U.S. History and Constitutional Law; instead we have allowed the liberal educational system to change the mindset of our youth by  brainwashing them to embrace a corrupt society.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2018, 02:00:00 am »
Pointing fingers is a waste of energy. That energy should be spent figuring out how to win more elections.

It's too late for that.  The shipped sailed awhile ago.  The integrity of our elections has been compromised as we are witnessing right now by the recounts and continuous flow of ballots after the election is over.  Secondly, DACCA is still alive and well and when the additional votes by illegals either being granted amnesty or asylum outnumbers the GOP, it will be mathematically impossible for them to get elected.  That's been the whole push behind the DEMS wanting amnesty.  That's the push right now for the mobs of caravans knocking at our door (funded by the left).

Silver Pines

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2018, 02:04:04 am »
I agree:

#1  How??

#2  Who will lead?

#3  Where will the $$ come from?

Not trying to be difficult, just pointing out the obvious reality.

It has been my past experience that it is very difficult to get even a small group of people to get together for a cause, let alone a large mass of people.  How do you energize a group (conservatives/GOP) who for the most part are complacent, working, in denial and/or apathetic??

Meanwhile, the leftists are years ahead of the game as far as organization, money and exciting masses for the cause; namely rejecting anything Trump/GOP/conservative.

Case in point; I had the Tea Party patriots call me yesterday afternoon, looking for $250.  I told them my $$ went to support candidates in the mid terms.  They then asked for $100.00.  Not a mention of meetings, rallies, groups to join, etc., etc.,...they just wanted $$.  Money to beat the left.  Again, no mention of how, who, what, where or when.

I get the same e-mails, texts and phone calls from the NRSC.  All they want is $$.

IMHO there is no plan to mobilize. The only plan I see is to fleece the GOP and conservative voting base.  This isn't working.  It hasn't worked in the past and it sure as heck isn't working now!!!

@libertybele

My inbox was full of begging mail from the GOP.  I’m done giving money to candidates, and that includes Cruz if he runs again.  No more throwing money down ratholes. 

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2018, 02:07:12 am »

IMHO, she just did.   happy77

Silver Pines

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2018, 02:10:46 am »
There is a way to connect freedom to actual real life examples. The GOP could be heading into the Ghetto and telling it's inhabitants that the Police are government. They hate the police. Tell them that limited govt' means getting the Fuzz off their backs.

Republicans have always sucked at communicating.  At this point they’d do better to put the new & improved Lindsey Graham on the trail and let him rip.

Silver Pines

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2018, 02:12:06 am »
What's your policy on Pantyhose? I'm trying to decide who is right in this argument.

I’m right, but you’re still stuck in the seventies.  There’s still hope you’ll catch up.

Silver Pines

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2018, 02:14:36 am »
And right on cue...

Scalise on Needing to Do 'a Lot Better' at Articulating Conservatism: 'We're Going to Get There'

PJ Media
Bridget Johnson
Nov. 14, 2018

WASHINGTON -- House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) said he expects "it's going to be very difficult" to "build on the growth we're seeing in our economy" with a new Democratic majority in the 116th Congress.

"America lost its competitive edge and everybody acknowledged that. It wasn't a partisan issue. And so when we made our country competitive again, we're seeing the benefits of it by millions of new jobs being created for families who want to get in the work force," he told Fox Business on Tuesday.

More... https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/scalise-on-needing-to-do-a-lot-better-at-articulating-conservatism-were-going-to-get-there/

Oh, for God’s sake.  “Going to get there.”  If you have to take a college course to do it, just stop.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2018, 02:22:01 am »
Frank Cannon observed:
"Rats on the other hand are very clear on issues that effect people personally. Free shit for everyone. Free healthcare. Free education. Free base income. Are Conservatives going to bother ever coming up with a plan to combat this?"

The problem is that... you can't.
Faced with hard truths v. attractive fantasies, what's gonna win most of the time?

Frank continued:
"That right there is why there are a shrinking number of "Conservative" areas. They don't offer anything anyone wants to care about."

The problem there is the young are being groomed in such a way that they aren't going to care about such things, or even to be hostile towards "traditional/conservative" ideas and notions. Blame that on Gramsci, The Frankfurt School, Critical Theory, etc.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2018, 02:24:47 am »
What's your policy on Pantyhose? I'm trying to decide who is right in this argument.

Pantyhose are uncomfortable, horrendous and downright unhealthy.  There is an alternative, thigh highs!  Much more comfortable ... and ... they are much, much easier to get on and off.   Best alternative ... live in a warm climate, keep your legs tanned, avoiding the necessity to ever have to wear thigh high or pantyhose again.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 02:25:51 am by libertybele »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2018, 02:34:11 am »

Of course. It's always Conservatives' fault, no matter what.
I learned that a helluva long time ago.
 *****rollingeyes*****

Online roamer_1

« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2018, 02:36:55 am »
There simply is no other choice, it has to be Trump.

:silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2018, 02:41:28 am »
Pantyhose are uncomfortable, horrendous and downright unhealthy.  There is an alternative, thigh highs!  Much more comfortable ... and ... they are much, much easier to get on and off.   Best alternative ... live in a warm climate, keep your legs tanned, avoiding the necessity to ever have to wear thigh high or pantyhose again.

I knew we were kindred spirits.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2018, 02:46:25 am »

Offline endicom

« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2018, 02:50:52 am »
Oh, for God’s sake.  “Going to get there.”  If you have to take a college course to do it, just stop.

Well, what should they say? I doubt that Scalise has a plan but who does?