Author Topic: George Zimmerman gets probation after threat to feed private investigator to alligator  (Read 504 times)

Online corbe

George Zimmerman gets probation after threat to feed private investigator to alligator

By John Bowden - 11/14/18 02:33 PM EST

George Zimmerman, the Florida man acquitted in the 2012 shooting death of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin, was sentenced to 12 months of probation after he pleaded no contest on a misdemeanor stalking charge for accusations that he threatened to feed a private investigator to an alligator.

ABC News affiliate WFTV 9 reports that Zimmerman pleaded no contest in absentia, meaning that he was never required to show up at the courthouse. During his 12-month probation period, he will be legally barred from owning a firearm.

According to the ABC affiliate, Zimmerman was contacted by a private investigator and a producer on behalf of a documentary project about Martin's death, to which Zimmerman responded by sending threatening messages after the investigator contacted his family members.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/416711-george-zimmerman-gets-probation-after-threatening-to-feed
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Moron.
Damn straight! Don't make threats, especially documentable ones..............Just Do It! wink777

Online corbe

Some people just peak to early in their life.. He'd make a great farmer in SA (not San Antonio).
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Why is this dude still relevant? I saw an article not that long ago about some other legal trouble involving him. He's a terd.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Just say "No."

It's almost a sure bet the investigator wasn't going to do George any favors, and from the article, we don't know how often he had been approached.

Still, making direct (and verifiable) threats is bad form.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis