Author Topic: Progressives unseated all 59 Republican judges up for re-election in Houston in the midterms  (Read 14831 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Social issues are the soil which all else grows. When it is toxic you get toxic people that shoot up schools and destroy the very foundations of liberty in this country.

If the right doesn't rally behind their winning issues in the push forward and shed the losing ones I think they're going to lose.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 11:47:34 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
It was a quiet blue wave - Republicans need to get prepped for 2020 or we'll lose it all
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline berdie

You realize, that you are asking people nothing less than to turn away from what their faith teaches them in order to win elections.

If that happens, I wouldn't put any "faith" in any person, or party,  who were to do this.
Nor, would I want to associate myself with people who think that winning elections is worth the loss of their faith, or their expression of it.
You talk  about  running on 2A rights, but what about 1A rights?
No, I think you are dead wrong about this.
As stated before, the Right didn't run on these issues, implied or not, it didn't happen.
You can be entitled to your own opinions,bit not your own facts.
Not one anti planned parenthood ad was run, not one anti gay marriage ad was run, not one anti unisex bathroom ad was run.
It didn't happen, and in Texas, one place it did not happen, had it's largest turnout of a midterm ever with 53%.
That still means that 47% decided it wasn't worth their time and effort.
Why?
I think religion had very little to do with it.

Again, the public at large sees both parties as thieves and are either voting for the one that steals the least from them, or one that will give them the most goodies out of the stolen loot.
53% see it that way.

47% said, why bother?

Great post! :thumbsup:

Offline DB

If the right doesn't rally behind their winning issues in the push forward and shed the losing ones I think they're going to lose.

If you surrender your principles to "win", what have you won?

Trump is the manifestation of that issue.

Offline Dexter

You realize, that you are asking people nothing less than to turn away from what their faith teaches them in order to win elections.

You don't think God would understand if you made a tactical decision to stop complete economic insanity?
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

If you surrender your principles to "win", what have you won?

Trump is the manifestation of that issue.

If the left wins the immigration battle conservatism is doomed. Maybe the issue could be picked back up after we stop them from turning us into a third world country.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 12:14:14 am by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline DB

You don't think God would understand if you made a tactical decision to stop complete economic insanity?

Economic insanity is rooted in deeper moral issues. You can't escape it if you allow it take root and sure looks like it has.

Offline Dexter

Economic insanity is rooted in deeper moral issues. You can't escape it if you allow it take root and sure looks like it has.

If they win the immigration issue none of it matters. Texas is turning blue. Conservatism in the United States will cease to be, and our quality of life will diminish as they let in more and more poor people from south of our border.
-Socrates

Offline DB

If the left wins the immigration battle conservatism is doomed. Maybe the issue could be picked back up after we stop them from turning us into a third world country.

The GOP doesn't want to curb illegal immigration. That should be clear to you by now. It was red meat to get votes and nothing more. That card won't play anymore.

Offline Frank Cannon

It was a quiet blue wave - Republicans need to get prepped for 2020 or we'll lose it all

Can you tell me what we will lose? I didn't get much from the House and Senate being GOP when they ran things. Still have Obamacare. Still have open borders. Still have a half assed tax plan. They didn't do shit.

Offline Dexter

The GOP doesn't want to curb illegal immigration. That should be clear to you by now. It was red meat to get votes and nothing more. That card won't play anymore.

I think it's legal immigration we need to curb as well. We shouldn't allow a single immigrant that doesn't earn enough to be mandated to pay into the federal income tax. Our debt is outrageous. How can we possibly take more people that are a net loss to the cost of government? It doesn't make sense. Trump is serious about immigration, and if the rest of the GOP isn't then conservatives need to kick them to the curb and replace them with people that are serious about it.
-Socrates

Offline berdie

If they win the immigration issue none of it matters. Texas is turning blue. Conservatism in the United States will cease to be, and our quality of life will diminish as they let in more and more poor people from south of our border.

I'll be deeply surprised if anything stops the flow from south of the border. I see the dangers as do you. So. if it must be, I'll go down with all flags flying.

Offline Dexter

I'll be deeply surprised if anything stops the flow from south of the border. I see the dangers as do you. So. if it must be, I'll go down with all flags flying.

Dropping the bad issues and making them look like complete fools in debate will lead to a lot more conservative victories. If conservatives can seize a lot of control with politicians that actually represent conservatives then something can be done.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 12:26:50 am by Dexter »
-Socrates

Online libertybele

The main difference between the left and right is the economy and immigration. Social issues like gay marriage are small fries. The left cannot win this immigration battle. They must be stopped at all costs.

I agree with you ... but there have been many, many groups who have tried to fight this battle a long time ago. I am no longer involved (due to health issues and for other various reasons), so I don't know what groups remain, if any.

It is painfully obvious that we still have no wall, we have migrant caravanS heading our way pleading for asylum, and not ONE Senator or Congressmen has stepped up to the plate recently to do a darn thing.

So ... here we sit.  IF you or anyone else at this point in time know of a way to halt this massive invasion of our country that has been going on for decades, please speak up.  The ballot box certainly hasn't worked. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The democrats are already finding "provisional" ballots all over Georgia, Nevada, Florida.  We don't stop this, illegal immigration really won't matter, will it?

Offline berdie

Dropping the bad issues and making them look like complete fools in debate will lead to a lot more conservative victories. If conservatives can seize a lot of control with politicians that actually represent conservatives then something can be done.

I don't know, but suspect, what you consider "bad issues". I don't watch every debate...but I don't see those issues coming to the forefront unless that is the subject being debated.

If they drop these issues when they are the subject at hand and back down...they will loose half or more of their constinuencey. If they change the platform...same result.

Offline berdie

The democrats are already finding "provisional" ballots all over Georgia, Nevada, Florida.  We don't stop this, illegal immigration really won't matter, will it?

Nope...but it will hurry it along.

Online libertybele

I'm sorry, but we are way past this point. Winning debates ISN'T going to win conservative victories; especially when those on the left are stealing votes, bringing in bogus ballots etc.; the mid terms were an eye opener. Most of the politicians are incumbents trying to retain their seats and there aren't a whole lot of new 'conservatives' or GOP candidates vying for a seat.  That issue has been a problem for quite a long time.

The left's voting base IMHO, doesn't care who foolish their leaders sound as so many of them only react to what they are told and don't have an inkling as to what is truly going on.  Once this country is run into the group and overflowing with refugees from various different parts of the world and we are no longer a sovereign state, then perhaps they will wake up.  By then, it will be way too late to do anything. 

Hillary Clinton herself stated that she was for open borders and a borderless southern hemisphere.  Further, she stated that "Civility Can Start Again" When Democrats Take The House And Or The Senate.

Well, here we are.  The GOP lost the House and could lose the Senate after recounts.  They will push for open borders and granting asylum and amnesty to ensure that they are the only party.  Who is going to stop them??  The ONLY possible hope is if President Trump uses his veto power; but even at that, there will be a push to unsurp that power and the 2020 election is only 2 years away.

It no longer matters if the left is lawless, disregards the Constitution and rules by mob.  They've done it in the past, they're doing it now.  Surely they won't hesitate to do anything to get what they want.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline the_doc

@Dexter
@Right_in_Virginia

I believe Trump will take this bull of fraud by the horns, and after the 2018 elections are stabilized, he will start deporting as many illegal immigrants as we can find through aggressive sweeps.  (That's perhaps one out of every 17 residents in America.  [It will get dicey with anchor babies, of course, and we may have to back off sometimes.  But we have to rid our nation of illegals.]) 

Online libertybele

@Dexter
@Right_in_Virginia
I believe Trump will take this bull of fraud by the horns, and after the 2018 elections are stabilized, he will start deporting as many illegal immigrants as we can find through aggressive sweeps.  (That's perhaps one out of every 17 residents in America.  [It will get dicey with anchor babies, of course, and we may have to back off sometimes.  But we have to rid our nation of illegals.])

Take this bull of fraud by the horns...how???  He has a DEM majority in the House and may just have a DEM majority in the Senate.  Right now it's a wait and see whether or not the GOP holds the Senate ... personally it looks very doubtful.  With that being said .... the DEMS will take illegal immigration, deportation, etc., etc., back to Bammy days ... and don't forget DACA.

The GOP had EVERY opportunity and they absolutely blew it.  Lyin' Ryan I hold the most responsible!

Offline Dexter

I'm sorry, but we are way past this point. Winning debates ISN'T going to win conservative victories; especially when those on the left are stealing votes, bringing in bogus ballots etc.; the mid terms were an eye opener. Most of the politicians are incumbents trying to retain their seats and there aren't a whole lot of new 'conservatives' or GOP candidates vying for a seat.  That issue has been a problem for quite a long time.

The left's voting base IMHO, doesn't care who foolish their leaders sound as so many of them only react to what they are told and don't have an inkling as to what is truly going on.  Once this country is run into the group and overflowing with refugees from various different parts of the world and we are no longer a sovereign state, then perhaps they will wake up.  By then, it will be way too late to do anything. 

Hillary Clinton herself stated that she was for open borders and a borderless southern hemisphere.  Further, she stated that "Civility Can Start Again" When Democrats Take The House And Or The Senate.

Well, here we are.  The GOP lost the House and could lose the Senate after recounts.  They will push for open borders and granting asylum and amnesty to ensure that they are the only party.  Who is going to stop them??  The ONLY possible hope is if President Trump uses his veto power; but even at that, there will be a push to unsurp that power and the 2020 election is only 2 years away.

It no longer matters if the left is lawless, disregards the Constitution and rules by mob.  They've done it in the past, they're doing it now.  Surely they won't hesitate to do anything to get what they want.

I'm not ready to give up. You seem like a fighter. You shouldn't give up either.
-Socrates

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten

@Dexter you might have a point that a voting majority in the country will not support conservative social positions.  I don't necessarily agree with that hypothesis, but I'll acknowledge that you might be correct.

But you need to understand something about people who are serious Christians and who tend to vote conservative on social issues.  We believe that God sent His own Son to die to redeem mankind from sin, and that God sent others to martyrdom in order to further the cause of redeeming mankind from sin by calling people to Christ.  The basic principles of morality and spirituality behind that have nothing to do with economics.  In fact the worst economic decision ever made was probably Christ's decision to accept, actually to *become*, my sin and give me in exchange His righteousness.  Economic thinking simply does not apply.

While there is economic incompetence loose in the world, and we suffer because of it, the *insanity* God cares about is spiritual, not economic.  Any position we take that elevates the economic over the spiritual is not a "tactical" decision, it is a failure to understand first principles.

So NO, we do NOT believe that God would "understand" us subordinating moral and spiritual beliefs to economic interests.  And speaking just for myself, if that means my vote is on the losing side, so be it.
James 1:20

Offline Dexter

@Dexter you might have a point that a voting majority in the country will not support conservative social positions.  I don't necessarily agree with that hypothesis, but I'll acknowledge that you might be correct.

But you need to understand something about people who are serious Christians and who tend to vote conservative on social issues.  We believe that God sent His own Son to die to redeem mankind from sin, and that God sent others to martyrdom in order to further the cause of redeeming mankind from sin by calling people to Christ.  The basic principles of morality and spirituality behind that have nothing to do with economics.  In fact the worst economic decision ever made was probably Christ's decision to accept, actually to *become*, my sin and give me in exchange His righteousness.  Economic thinking simply does not apply.

While there is economic incompetence loose in the world, and we suffer because of it, the *insanity* God cares about is spiritual, not economic.  Any position we take that elevates the economic over the spiritual is not a "tactical" decision, it is a failure to understand first principles.

So NO, we do NOT believe that God would "understand" us subordinating moral and spiritual beliefs to economic interests.  And speaking just for myself, if that means my vote is on the losing side, so be it.

You'll go down with the ship if you have to. I admire that but Christianity will come under a lot more fire if conservatives become less relevant in politics.
-Socrates

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
If the conservatives would cut off excess fat connected to religion and focus on just economic conservatism the left would get dominated. I know the religious element of American conservatism is very important to a lot of posters here, but every single issue being pushed by the religious right is a loser at the polls, and it gets worse every year.

To be a Conservative you can't just cut off one of the core pieces of the philosophy.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'm not ready to give up. You seem like a fighter. You shouldn't give up either.

And yet here you are willing to give up on Conservatives fighting for religious freedom for all...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!